Brand New CTS-V Taking on Water - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Brand New CTS-V Taking on Water in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; There has to be more than 3. My car AND the loaner CTS they gave me had this problem (build ...
    keepupp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS V-Sport

Re: Brand New CTS-V Taking on Water

There has to be more than 3. My car AND the loaner CTS they gave me had this problem (build day for mine was Feb 9 2011 and the loaner was October, 2010 meaning there are at least a few months of production that might be affected) As for what Cadillac is doing? My water damage was fairly bad and they are trying to work out some options for me so we'll see.

jeff342 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS V Sedan

Add another V as having the leak. My 3 month old sedan leaks and the headliner was saturated. Dealer fixed the leak which was the same as the other cars. New headliner is ordered. My service adviser said they are going to take the rear window out to put in new headliner. I am going to mention to him about removing passenger front seat. I just wonder why the service departments vary so much on the proper way to install the headliner.

Drew'sZ is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

damn, this makes me not want a new V now unless it's a non sunroof.

IGotId is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by Drew'sZ View Post
    damn, this makes me not want a new V now unless it's a non sunroof.
    +1...I'm debating getting an X5 vs. the V wagon. If i do order the V it'll be w/o the 'roof...

ajjones44 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Looked today and mine is leaking too.

Jbauer47 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Let's see...

Supercharger rattle.. check

Squeaking seats...check

Wheel click...check

I have the Ultra view roof.. With 600 miles on the car I am wondering if I should get out now. I have been offered 60k for it. Seems like every other thread is a new issue. I know internet forums are a magnet for complaints but these are brand new cars...

Never drove a car so brilliantly engineered but so poorly put together.

mc

keepupp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS V-Sport

UPDATE: my dealership made things right and allowed me to swap my car for a brand new one (keep in mind my car was only 2 weeks old or so at the time it took on water). Things actually worked out for the better because I was able to order a new car and get precisely what I wanted which included changing some options. My new car arrived this week: 2011 6 spd Manual Sedan (vs. the Auto I had in the previous car), Black Diamond package, NO ULTRAVIEW! Im very satisfied with the dealer at this point and glad they decided to make me a happy camper. I actually came out ahead because GM did an 'Exchange of Collateral' which means they 'swapped' VIN's at ALLY/GM Financial. The new car had a sticker price of +$1000 of the old car too! I'm glad I stood up for what I thought was right. Feel free to PM me for details of my dealer/salesperson.

LV_V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Evo Green V Coupe - 6MT

Sounds kinda like the Gen1 V's rear diff :>

IGotId is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by keepupp View Post
    UPDATE: my dealership made things right and allowed me to swap my car for a brand new one (keep in mind my car was only 2 weeks old or so at the time it took on water). Things actually worked out for the better because I was able to order a new car and get precisely what I wanted which included changing some options. My new car arrived this week: 2011 6 spd Manual Sedan (vs. the Auto I had in the previous car), Black Diamond package, NO ULTRAVIEW! Im very satisfied with the dealer at this point and glad they decided to make me a happy camper. I actually came out ahead because GM did an 'Exchange of Collateral' which means they 'swapped' VIN's at ALLY/GM Financial. The new car had a sticker price of +$1000 of the old car too! I'm glad I stood up for what I thought was right. Feel free to PM me for details of my dealer/salesperson.
    good to hear...makes me a bit more comfortable ordering an ultraview!

BOYCHIKS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 STS-V-Traded // '06 XLR-V // '11 V Coupe

Wow, sorry to hear about that.

Mongopush is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS V

Add another to a leaking sunroof .I have had the car several weeks in small rain storms and even sprayed off the pollen a few times at the car wash,no problems . Got in this morning after a long steady rain and had a puddle on the drivers side floor mat. It was running down the A pillar and started at the top close to the headliner . Headed to the dealer and it was dripping on my shins where water had migrated overnight under the dash. What a nightmare , do yourselves a favor and get the drain holes inspected when getting serviced. I hope this is all that is wrong,but now worried about wet carpet,suede seats ,electronics , etc ... I even had the sun shade closed, so the sunroof should of been in the fully closed position .

Mongopush is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS V

Looks like I posted this in the wrong thread since my car isn't new. Just an update,both front drains holes were stopped up , you may want to inspect them if your car is a few years old like mine . If you open the sunroof the holes are visible in the front corners.The tech warned me of trying to clean them myself, he said you could blow lines and fittings apart and make things worse. Don't wait for a down poor to tell ya like mine did.

Tbryant is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

I have had my CTS for years and I do have a leak that i see saturating the panel by the rear passenger seat.
    I am so afraid that it costs too much to repair. I believe it is coming from the sunroof but I have no idea.
    I have heard others with CTS complain about same thing One lady said it was easy fix tightening some bold behind the panel, which I never saw. TB

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Tbryant View Post
    I have had my CTS for years and I do have a leak that i see saturating the panel by the rear passenger seat.
    I am so afraid that it costs too much to repair. I believe it is coming from the sunroof but I have no idea.
    I have heard others with CTS complain about same thing One lady said it was easy fix tightening some bold behind the panel, which I never saw. TB
    CTS or CTS-V.....and wholly thread resurrection batman!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.