Brand New CTS-V Taking on Water - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Brand New CTS-V Taking on Water in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Very sorry for the bad news..I do hope the dealership owns up to product failure. The poor customer relations is ...
    wfo
    wfo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Tuner car fanatic..there all good!

Re: Brand New CTS-V Taking on Water

Very sorry for the bad news..I do hope the dealership owns up to product failure.

The poor customer relations is a good reason why GM suffers even with a bailout. Dealerships are not on the same page. I get awesome service from my Cadillac dealership while another Cadillac dealership gives horrible service, this makes absolutley no sense. The Cadillac marque has always been GM's premier flagship product and you'd have thought by now they would have all gotten the "come to Jesus speeches" on improved relations through great customer servicing and care, obviously not.

The loaner car sitch is a funny one. There never has been a rule that a customer should or would would get a loaner equal to or better than the quality of the car you purchased. Just be happy you get one. In this case a regular CTS is plenty good enough IMHO. Just lucky it wasn't an Aveo from a rental car lot down the street.

Caroutisine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS V8

Wow, sorry to see that damage. Hope Cadillac takes care of it for you. My '09 never had a leak, but it's pops and rattles were one of the reasons I sold the car. I'll never get another car with a sunroof. Would just go with a convertable if I want the open air

Caddy Wagon is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 11 CTS-V Wagon 6MT Crystal Red all options NO sunroof

WOW that looks like a lot of water got in. The sunroof is the only option I did not order on my car. I've had bad experiences in the past with them from several different manufacturers.

nynd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 M5. SOLD:11 BD CTS-V, 6M, Loaded - SOLD:09 CTS-V (Auto)

I would push for a replacement car. Water causes "dendritic growth" in electronics, so depending on where and how much got into areas where electronics lay, this could spell issue later down the line (corrosion of connectors, brittleness of wiring harness etc..). Anyways, you need to push the dealer and more importantly push corporate as dealer is only going to be interested in making money from warranty (replacing all the components - so they win).

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Boy that sucks, the headliner is literally stained from the volume of fluid that came in. Still, unless you've done a ton of business with this dealer, I see a long and and up-hill battle coming for a new replacement vehicle.

FWIW, I've never, EVER had a factory sunroof leak, but these ultraview things seem like nothing but trouble... from the days when they'd "POP" and LITERALLY shatter in the SRXs, to this.

keepupp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS V-Sport

I hope to hear from Cadillac on Monday. Anyone else here take delivery recently having the same issue?

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Those pics are HEARTBREAKING. Hopefully Cadillac/GM takes care of you. I daily drive my car, and I've never, ever had that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post
    Those pics are HEARTBREAKING. Hopefully Cadillac/GM takes care of you. I daily drive my car, and I've never, ever had that issue.
    I think it's safe to assume your car is fine as you see a lot of rain in Cleveland (I'm formerly of Solon, but went south to Cincinnati). It is Very disappointing but I think I'm reasonable to think something might go wrong....I just didn't think my new car would have water damage!

dvandentop is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 09 Silver V 06 Silver Z06

damn thats horrible to happen on a brand new car, let alone multiple ones

03Z06Vette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Escalade ESV Mocha/Ebony, 2011 CTS-V EG/EB

My new sedan with the sunroof came off the line on 2/23. I washed it for the first time today and made sure to run a lot of water over the roof. So far, no water inside. I would be super pissed if my new car was leaking water like the 2 new owners above. Hope you can get the situation resolved.

I wonder if this is what the quality control hold was for on the day or day after mine came off the line???

I'm pretty sure the factory does a high pressure water test on all cars coming off the line. I wonder why the 2 above were able I assume to pass that test??

I don't think we ever found out what the quality assurance issues were. Is there anyone here close enough to the situation that will disclose what the issues were that stopped production weeks ago?

darvish is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 sedan , 11 Wagon

Check to see if the bilge pump relay needs to be reset.

chopmeat is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I would collect many print outs from your visits at the dealer and then call a Lemon Law attorney.
    I called that GM line for a Z06 and a regular corvette and they never helped me, just gave me BS.

03Z06Vette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Escalade ESV Mocha/Ebony, 2011 CTS-V EG/EB

Well, I just washed my V for the third time and I've been checking for my sunroof to leak and it finally has. Luckily just from a car wash, and not as bad as the pics posted above. I don't know why it didn't leak the first 2 times I washed it?? I'm glad I haven't had to drive in the rain yet. I will be taking mine to the dealer on Tuesday. Very frustrating!!

Mine came off the line 2/23/11.

landsteam is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

So now there a 3 cars on this forum with the same problem? Did GM do anything to help these new owners? How can they get away with this?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.