Key Wraps - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Key Wraps in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Double post .... Rob...
    RapidRob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual

Re: Key Wraps

Double post ....

Rob

^^^^^ - It appeared to be sewn together improperly because the fob didn't fit into it correctly, but with great effort I could force the fob in. It was such a tight fit that it was really difficult to press the various fob buttons, and, to me, it didn't look all that good, and I asked myself, "why am I messing with this thing anyway ... ?", and quit using it.

Rob

IBNR is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V (Silver over Black Recaros)

Hmm...I love mine, so maybe I'm the mystery guy that recommended them. I have one of each (flip and non), and I definitely tend to use the flip version more; exclusively, really. You want them to be tight when new because leather stretches. In any event, they do what they're meant to do (protect the fob) and look good doing it. Maybe not for everyone, but I'll definitely be keeping mine thank you very much.

Very sorry to hear about issues with the vendor, though. When I ordered mine late last spring, they arrived very promptly with no drama or problems at all....

SleepTight is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Auto Black Raven/Ebony

Put me down as liking mine a lot. It fits well, protects the fob, and looks nice. Those of you complaining about the initial tight fit will find that the leather in the wrap opens up very quickly. It's almost too loose now and will slide off in my pocket if I'm not careful taking my fob out for the sublime V remote start in front of unsuspecting passersby.

Cadillastic is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Its unfortunate that a few have experienced this. I have been in contact with each of them since these posts and believe me I am making good on all of the questioned orders. We advertise on this forum among many other media platforms. We have had major problems with migrating our email to Google Apps. through the new year. This was the reason why we had a long delay in retrieving our customers emails. Lesson learned. Google Apps now works and I definitely recommend it to any business owner. However, I do pride myself on customer service and my products just ask the 100+ customers that purchase my product each month (dealers as well). I am not upset, nor do I think you are being mean (you referenced another word) everyone is entitled to their opinions I will not be able to make everyone happy 100% of the time. The biggest issue for me is when something does go wrong I fix it! That is what I pride myself and my team on, therefore customer service is very important for me and I will strive to make every purchase a positive one.

I would hope you try my product as I would love to get your feedback on the product. I receive emails everyday telling me how much they love their KeyWraps and that it protects them from damage etc. Private message me if you are interested and I will take care of you.

Thank you for all of the feedback as all of this will help us get it better moving forward. Again I am sorry to those who have not had a great experience but you have my word I will make it right. This duck is walking!

Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by Wannago View Post
    Shawn,

Harsany, RapidRob, and Life@60 have all posted comments that are contrary to your position, and clearly not consistent with a business that "prides themselves on customer service."

Like the saying goes, "don't talk the talk if you can't walk the walk". It's easy to come on here and make declarations, but I for one, was considering one of these but given the comments in this thread, will not be ordering one - despite your claims.

I realize that sh!t happens from time to time, but to not even respond to emails or give updates to customers...is not sound business acumen. I hate to sound like a prick, but if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck......

I hope you have read the posts and realize that we had an unfortunate situation with a few customers purchasing our Keywraps. We have fixed the internal communication issues and have extended a "Make it Right" discount for those who are interested in our products.

go to www.keywraps.com to purchase the KeyWraps and enter in "CadillacForum" to receive a 25% discount on your order. This coupon is good throughout the month of February.

Best,

Shawn

Here are just a few forum members comments:

IBNR I ordered two (one each of the two different types) almost immediately after I got my car back in March, and they were delivered promptly. I love them, especially the flap version; I get lots of compliments on it. Perhaps a production shortage? Definitely not a scam from my experience though....

Titaniumseeker Yes I use them. Very nice and have received compliments from my dealer when I go in for service.

ebferro I ordered two sets about 6 weeks ago and received the wraps in about 3 weeks thereafter. They're very nice.

satman2300- I just got mine. Quick shipping. Good quality. Looks like a miniature one for my cell phone. It will keep my pocket quiet. I like it a lot.
    I bought the ones with the flap, that works ok for me because all I have is the fob in my pocket.

DBeaSST I've been happy with them and received several complements from people who realize the fobs don't come like that.

DiamondWhtV I ordered mine in Feb this year, and when I sent an email to inquire on the delivery, he was very prompt in his reply. It took about 2 weeks. Give him a chance, he will deliver as promised. You definitely won't be disappointed when you get them. Top quality I might add too. A must for our fobs...even the service guys at the dealership had never seen them. They thought they came standard with the V.

SleepTight Received today. Very, very nice item. Leather and stitching are top quality. Wish I'd bought two.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Well now I feel bad about my comments earlier. I'm probably not going to change my opinion of the product, but you have changed my opinion of your business.
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

jrcmlc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan

I could not get the coupon to work.

Joe

BOYCHIKS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 STS-V-Traded // '06 XLR-V // '11 V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by jrcmlc View Post
    I could not get the coupon to work.

Joe
    Did you type it yourself or copy/paste?

Make sure the C and the F are capitalized.

jrcmlc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan

I copy /pasted and I typed it myself, no change was reflected in the cart.

Joe

BOYCHIKS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 STS-V-Traded // '06 XLR-V // '11 V Coupe

I did it yesterday and worked fine. Just went to the site, and in fact, no discount is showing up.

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    Well now I feel bad about my comments earlier. I'm probably not going to change my opinion of the product, but you have changed my opinion of your business.
    Now I do too. In fairness KeyWraps PM'd me and offered their apologies, and also offered to refund the purchase price. I declined, but I really appreciated the offer. Mostly, I just didn't care for the product after receiving it, which is a hazard of buying stuff via the internet. Not really KeyWraps fault.

Rob

Is the code working now on the site? Sorry I would have responded earlier but this is the first I could log in to see how everything is going.

Let me check and see what is going on with the discount codes.

Shawn

OK...for some reason the deadline for the coupon was set for 1.20.2011 not 2.28.2011. Try it now it should work fine now. Please let us know if there are any other issues. Have a great weekend!

Shawn

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.