Must Read All New CTS-V Owners !! - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Like Tree7Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Must Read All New CTS-V Owners !! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; So I recently took my 2012 V wagon to the dealership for my first oil change at 5k miles and ...
    dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: Must Read All New CTS-V Owners !!

So I recently took my 2012 V wagon to the dealership for my first oil change at 5k miles and mentioned that the rear diff was making some undesirable noises.

The tech ended up replacing the fluid and said the fluid before was all dirty. He said there was a TSB out for this. Is that correct? From the first post in this thread it sounded like fluid was more low rather than dirty. He said they replaced it with mobil 1 per the TSB. Does this sound right?

the blur is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

They are mass production vehicles, built on an assembly line. You need to see it to understand how easily a part can be left out. The line never stops. My van had a missing front shock. It's a lack of quality control. Line workers are txting instead of paying attention, and the car goes by them. The UAW protects the workers from getting fired. And your paying $60K for an inferior product.

Then the dealer pays some high school kid $8/hr to bang the hub caps on, and install the front air dam. Then another $8/hr illegal immigrant to wash and wax the car.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Quote Originally Posted by the blur View Post
    They are mass production vehicles, built on an assembly line. You need to see it to understand how easily a part can be left out. The line never stops. My van had a missing front shock. It's a lack of quality control. Line workers are txting instead of paying attention, and the car goes by them. The UAW protects the workers from getting fired. And your paying $60K for an inferior product.

Then the dealer pays some high school kid $8/hr to bang the hub caps on, and install the front air dam. Then another $8/hr illegal immigrant to wash and wax the car.
    I guess it's cheaper than building the car yourself.

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

yes we did... thanks for reminding us though
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Deemoe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Hello Tricia, My name is Donald Moore and I was wondering if you can check on a car for me..I ordered a CTS-V in March...They say the car has been built and waiting on shipment..Just wondering how long does it take..The car was built on around April 22 and been sitting...would appreciate any answer that you can get if you can....Thanks Don Moore

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.