Must Read All New CTS-V Owners !! - Page 7
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Results 91 to 101 of 101
Like Tree7Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Must Read All New CTS-V Owners !! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; So I recently took my 2012 V wagon to the dealership for my first oil change at 5k miles and ...
  1. #91
    dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    727

    Re: Must Read All New CTS-V Owners !!

    So I recently took my 2012 V wagon to the dealership for my first oil change at 5k miles and mentioned that the rear diff was making some undesirable noises.

    The tech ended up replacing the fluid and said the fluid before was all dirty. He said there was a TSB out for this. Is that correct? From the first post in this thread it sounded like fluid was more low rather than dirty. He said they replaced it with mobil 1 per the TSB. Does this sound right?

  2. #92
    the blur's Avatar
    the blur is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    861

    Re: Must Read All New CTS-V Owners !!

    They are mass production vehicles, built on an assembly line. You need to see it to understand how easily a part can be left out. The line never stops. My van had a missing front shock. It's a lack of quality control. Line workers are txting instead of paying attention, and the car goes by them. The UAW protects the workers from getting fired. And your paying $60K for an inferior product.

    Then the dealer pays some high school kid $8/hr to bang the hub caps on, and install the front air dam. Then another $8/hr illegal immigrant to wash and wax the car.

  3. #93
    Random84's Avatar
    Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    560

    Re: Must Read All New CTS-V Owners !!

    Quote Originally Posted by the blur View Post
    They are mass production vehicles, built on an assembly line. You need to see it to understand how easily a part can be left out. The line never stops. My van had a missing front shock. It's a lack of quality control. Line workers are txting instead of paying attention, and the car goes by them. The UAW protects the workers from getting fired. And your paying $60K for an inferior product.

    Then the dealer pays some high school kid $8/hr to bang the hub caps on, and install the front air dam. Then another $8/hr illegal immigrant to wash and wax the car.
    I guess it's cheaper than building the car yourself.

  4. #94
    RippyPartsDept's Avatar
    RippyPartsDept is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    14,013

    Re: Must Read All New CTS-V Owners !!

    yes we did... thanks for reminding us though

  5. #95
    Deemoe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    11

    Re: Must Read All New CTS-V Owners !!

    Hello Tricia, My name is Donald Moore and I was wondering if you can check on a car for me..I ordered a CTS-V in March...They say the car has been built and waiting on shipment..Just wondering how long does it take..The car was built on around April 22 and been sitting...would appreciate any answer that you can get if you can....Thanks Don Moore

  6. #96
    stupidfast's Avatar
    stupidfast is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Diamond Pearl Tricoat A6 Sedan
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Edmonton Alberta
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by Random84
    I guess it's cheaper than building the car yourself.
    I was offended with your $8.00/hr illegal immigrant comment. Why the hell would you pay them that much?

  7. #97
    Lady3bglover's Avatar
    Lady3bglover is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Alvin, Texas
    Age
    49
    Posts
    98

    Re: Must Read All New CTS-V Owners !!

    Quote Originally Posted by Deemoe View Post
    Hello Tricia, My name is Donald Moore and I was wondering if you can check on a car for me..I ordered a CTS-V in March...They say the car has been built and waiting on shipment..Just wondering how long does it take..The car was built on around April 22 and been sitting...would appreciate any answer that you can get if you can....Thanks Don Moore
    Mr. Moore.. this link should assist with your search.
    http://www.gmconnects.com/

  8. #98
    Boatmangc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS V Wagon
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Age
    54
    Posts
    42

    Re: Must Read All New CTS-V Owners !!

    Good info,
    I'm a new owner of a '14 Vagon as of 12/24/14 I noticed the diff was a bit noisy, it just turned 1000 miles.
    Looks like I'm heading in for a service issue already, I like the idea of changing the engine oil at 1 k on a new motor anyway.
    I'll have the diff changed, oil changed and trams topped out as well as coolant and IC.

    Thanks for the heads up!

  9. #99
    Lady3bglover's Avatar
    Lady3bglover is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Alvin, Texas
    Age
    49
    Posts
    98

    Re: Must Read All New CTS-V Owners !!

    Quote Originally Posted by Boatmangc View Post
    Good info,
    I'm a new owner of a '14 Vagon as of 12/24/14 I noticed the diff was a bit noisy, it just turned 1000 miles.
    Looks like I'm heading in for a service issue already, I like the idea of changing the engine oil at 1 k on a new motor anyway.
    I'll have the diff changed, oil changed and trams topped out as well as coolant and IC.

    Thanks for the heads up!
    Remember new owners .. if you're still within the 4yr/50k miles of your base warranty, and you have a 2011 or newer, more thank likely have the Premier Care Maintenance Program on your vehicle.
    The protocol follows changing they engine oil either every year, at 7500 miles, or when your oil life percentage is at 10%-15%. I've attached a link for your view. But be prepared the dealer may charge you for the oil change because it's not within the maintenance plan of the vehicle.

    http://www.cadillac.com/owners/premi...intenance.html

    Remember to build a profile for your vehicle on, www.MyCadillac.com, so you can stay in the loop.

    Lisa
    Certified Technology and Delivery Specialist

  10. #100
    Boatmangc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS V Wagon
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Age
    54
    Posts
    42

    Re: Must Read All New CTS-V Owners !!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady3bglover View Post
    Remember new owners .. if you're still within the 4yr/50k miles of your base warranty, and you have a 2011 or newer, more thank likely have the Premier Care Maintenance Program on your vehicle.
    The protocol follows changing they engine oil either every year, at 7500 miles, or when your oil life percentage is at 10%-15%. I've attached a link for your view. But be prepared the dealer may charge you for the oil change because it's not within the maintenance plan of the vehicle.

    http://www.cadillac.com/owners/premi...intenance.html

    Remember to build a profile for your vehicle on, www.MyCadillac.com, so you can stay in the loop.

    Lisa
    Certified Technology and Delivery Specialist
    Thanks Lisa,
    I had the motor oil changed at my expense today at 1000 miles. My feelings are that the car was on a dealer lot for a year and during that time went on 45 miles of test drives, if they were anything like my test drive they were spirited.
    $65 well worth the peace of mind for me.

    And the differential fluid is being replaced with a new oil referred to in a TSB.

  11. #101
    Lady3bglover's Avatar
    Lady3bglover is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Alvin, Texas
    Age
    49
    Posts
    98

    Re: Must Read All New CTS-V Owners !!

    Quote Originally Posted by Boatmangc View Post
    Thanks Lisa,
    I had the motor oil changed at my expense today at 1000 miles. My feelings are that the car was on a dealer lot for a year and during that time went on 45 miles of test drives, if they were anything like my test drive they were spirited.
    $65 well worth the peace of mind for me.

    And the differential fluid is being replaced with a new oil referred to in a TSB.
    I would have asked to have the change thrown in, but that's just me. $65 for a full synthetic change is a nice price, I'd jump on that too.

    I can certainly appreciate taking a spirited test drive. No one wants to invest in a vehicle that can't handle an owners daily driving rigors. I have to admit, though not a V Series or Sport, but the 2.0T ATS Coupe is A LOT of fun! Lighter body and 295 lbs of rear torque... I've chirped the sneakers. Have you?

    Lisa

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting