Must Read All New CTS-V Owners !! - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Must Read All New CTS-V Owners !! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I think the no cost service on '11s and '12s only covers oil and filter change, and inspection....
    elphil is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Really Cool '11 CTS-V Wagon

Re: Must Read All New CTS-V Owners !!

I think the no cost service on '11s and '12s only covers oil and filter change, and inspection.

Metacomet is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Sport Wagon, Black Diamond

Good grief, another Arizona based v wagon....

But seems to me that if the warranty is as ironclad as it appears, there is no way GM lets them skimp on those lube items that will cost a fortune to replace.

alex310 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hey guys,

Being a previous M3 owner, BMW would change your engine oil & dif oil at 1200, so when I saw this thread it made sense. I changed my engine oil at 1468 miles, it was pretty dark, I also changed the dif oil which wasn't bad at all, the magnetic plug was pretty clean also. But then again, I do not drive the car hard at all, maybe floored it once or twice.

BeagleBrains is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1975 Seville; 2004 CTS V; 2011 CTS V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    WTF? are you saying that someone intentionally contaminates the fluids at the factory? and how would you know?

and how is a dealer tech going to make money by not filling your fluid to the correct level? techs can't turn parts (especially fluids) into cash very easily
    first, it's a BIG BIG no-no ... first offense is grounds for termination at our shop

did they charge you for the correct amount of fluid but leave a quart low?
    so you suspect the tech kept the extra bottle and then sold it back to the dealer to be used on another car?
    i've heard of techs doing stuff like that to get fluids for their personal cars (saving themselves money) - still just as big of a no-no
    but i've never heard of them selling the fluids to make some cash

unethical people are everywhere ... that's why trust is such a big factor in choosing who to do business with (especially in a service oriented industries like automotive, finance and hospitality)
    And, your point of questioning my integrity is what?
    I worked in a GM/Cadillac Dealership for three years while attending college. I saw every bit of such tampering and more. We took delivery of one Sedan DeVille that only had seven pistons with associated connecting Paraphenalia.
    Duh!!!!! Yes it barely ran. How about a crushed pop can in the oil Crank Case! I am sorry that you "never heard of them selling the fluids to make some cash" in view of the far more likely alternative being to divert fluids for personal use easily. Or possibly the Tech is just a total A-Hole?
    "...how would you know?" Mr. Zippy!
    Do you believe that the service charges listed (Installed Transmission Fluid to just one quart low. Ha! Ha!")
    ".. ...trust is such a big factor ..... . especially in a service oriented industries like
    finance [shall we review the Banking and Mortgage industry here?] ... .... ." Thanks for crediting me with the brain power of a bag of Door Knobs.
    Insert LAST WORD! here.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

just because you have witnessed some bad/unethical things in the past does not mean that those bad things are currently happening

yes, anything's possible and anything could happen
    yes, obviously the people that do bad things are not good people
    yes, some repair shops screw their customers to pad the bottom line

but to try and say that this bad behavior runs rampant or is common is either ignorance or malice

also, don't take everything I say so personally. If it's not specifically directed at you (referencing you) then it is probably meant for everyone.

...and where did I credit you with anything?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

TTuned is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 Cts-V650

While on a dyno jet last week we noticed collant leaking, turns out it was through the oem cap for the intercooler. They replaced the cap, and discovered an oil pan leak, replaced the gasket.

Went back to dyno, no more leaks. They are mod friendly, all parts were stock.

"yes, anything's possible and anything could happen." And, I am merely a dilusional and lying flock.
    Your certified last word, indeed, epitomizes this Master of the Obvious recant, not necessarily representing opportunities that Nepotism may provide. Fortunately the object of your post is not intended to degrade all of those others that have expressed belittling reports reflecting upon ones' own past trivial experience.
    You are so fortunate to work within an environment that excludes such disdainful and unworthy persons that might reflect poorly upon your own higher noble character. Is one paranoid, if malicious people really consider them to be an idiot?
    To clarify my perspective, I must begin my POST with:
    "Everyone, except for myself [and Chris of course], is ... .... ......!"
    Emphasis of a noble cause is also best expressed by avoiding the Convention of Capitalizing the first word of a sentence.
    Thank you. SIR.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen P. View Post
    Indeed yours is a noble cause.
    if you say so

And, I am merely a dilusional and lying flock.
    hey, you said it - not me

Thank you.
    you're welcome

Certainly the people in your work force today are of a higher cut of the cloth.
    wow, from your previous comments i would have thought that you would have the opposite opinion

You are so fortunate as to be free of such disdainful and degrading associations that could reflect poorly upon your higher character.
    again, i appreciate the praise, but i sense a hint of sarcasm

"Yes, anything is possible and anything could happen!!!"
    like getting this thread back on topic?

The LAST WORD opportunity could not be missed.
    what is this grade school?

Such cool things as avoiding the belittling grammatical convention of Capitalizing the first word of a sentence is most noteworthy.
    oh the horror!

Master of the obvious, indeed. SIR.
    ok...

oh, and thanks for replying a bit quicker this time... i was nice not having to wait three months for your reply
    ok... have a nice day

---

can you please explain why you're so hostile? what did i do? is my grammar/punctuation really that offensive?
    i re-read this thread that spans 14 months so far trying to figure it out but i just got more confused
    i was happy to think that you were just being gruff and surly but now i think you just hate me and i have no idea why
    truthfully, it bothers me a little but i'll be fine
    js615, js615, mrl859 and 3 others like this.
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    if you say so

hey, you said it - not me

you're welcome

wow, from your previous comments i would have thought that you would have the opposite opinion

again, i appreciate the praise, but i sense a hint of sarcasm

like getting this thread back on topic?

what is this grade school?

oh the horror!

ok...

oh, and thanks for replying a bit quicker this time... i was nice not having to wait three months for your reply
    ok... have a nice day
    You are a one really clever turd. Fact; no hint intended. Waiting here?

doug tumbleson is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts v

DONE THAT BUTT.check engine light& trac contro light come on wont run over 5 mph runs rough as heck , had to unhook battery now dealer says he cant find the problem..3500 miles on it has happened 4 times already..anyone?

do you have another dealer to try?

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Doug, please let me know if you'd like me to follow up with your dealership or locate alternative dealers in your area (as Rippy suggested)! I'm available anytime via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Does this apply to 2012 CTS-V's? I'm buying a relatively new one at 4kish miles and I wonder if I should take it to get checked out.

either way you should definitely take it to get checked out
    you never know what you might find ...

we just worked on a 2011 STS with 4,000 miles on it that was an enterprise car that got wrecked and had a salvage title

current owner purchased it knowing of the salvage title (getting a pretty good deal for what appeared to be a STS in great shape)
    well it turns out something wasn't right in the steering so they brought it in to us and we found a bent steering gear and loose steering column bolts

just a cautionary tale

LJMartin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by SLIM6.2 View Post
    and my boy has an 06 or 07 stock z06 he blew the engine running a lambo they tested the oil to make shur he was runnin mobil1 synthetic...he said they told him if he wasent it was not covered under warranty......not shur if thats going to be the same deal with the cadillac but just sumthin to think about
    As long as the oil being used meets or exceeds the manufactures specification you can use any oil you like and they can't void your warranty.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.