Must Read All New CTS-V Owners !! - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Must Read All New CTS-V Owners !! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by snzuloz Is this including the torque converter? Doesn't sound right to me. Page 5-133 and 5-134 of ...
    cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Must Read All New CTS-V Owners !!

Quote Originally Posted by snzuloz View Post
    Is this including the torque converter? Doesn't sound right to me.
    Page 5-133 and 5-134 of your 2009 manual lists the fluid capacities.

Transmission
    six speed auto is 6.7 quarts
    six speed manual is 4.0 quarts

Bushidopupil is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): (V)icious Coupe

I have an appt. to have the Oil,trans,rear diff, and coolant changed on Monday. We will see what is up with the levels.

cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Check for any oil leak associated with TSB 05-06-01-034J

Quote Originally Posted by cbloveday View Post
    Roger, thanks! Will report back.

Lady3bglover is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by CTS-V-TWIN View Post
    I agree to check all fluids, but I wouldn't change out the factory trans fluid. The Dexron 6 is a very good synthetic fluid and doesn't have to be changed out for a long time.

I would change the engine oil and rear diff fluid and check all other fluid levels.
    Does a deep tran pan come on the V?

Quote Originally Posted by cbloveday View Post
    So I went to the dealer today to get my fluids checked. They looked at the referenced TSB and found no leaks. They also checked the rear diff. and the fluid level was perfect.
    I decided to skip the coolant, and trans check. The Oil I will change on my own. They did not even charge me a dime! I thought I would have at least gotten charged for a half hour labor but nothing... The tech did want to know why I thought it might be leaking/low. I told him that I just spent allot of money on the car and I had heard stories and wanted to be proactive rather find something after damage was done and have to get something replaced.

C66 Racing is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V (sold)

Adding to the discussion on the OLM, I had four oil samples drawn on my 06 CTS-V which was my daily driver from 06-09. My commute was very short (about 5 miles) and the OLM counted down very quickly due to the startup temp and operating temp degredations mentioned above. Despite using a good oil, I chose to change my oil out at 25% remaining on the OLM. Based on these four samples (oldest Mobil 1 5w30 and most recent three AMSOIL 0w30) that was a slightly over-conservative point to change the oil, but the OLM overall proved to be a good tool to use to change the oil:
    Cadillac CTS-V Used Oil Analysis

And although GM has replaced Dexron III with Dexron VI, I'm still a little skeptical of factory fluids. In my tranny (Dexron III) the fluid had sheared low out of grade in just over 10k miles. Dexron VI will almost certainly perform better, but I'm still in the camp that recommends replacing the factory fluids sometime very early in a car's life.
    2006 Cadillac CTS-V Used Oil Analysis ATF Transmission Fluid

chicaboom is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

On the transmission why don't you switch over to the Amsoil synthetic fluid?

09cts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): V

Quote Originally Posted by newcadman View Post
    Excellent advice.

Always good to think in terms of,"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"!
    very true

Domsz06 is offline Cadillac Owner
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06

so where is the change procedure for the auto tranny fluid? or where to tell if your low or not? My car is going on my lift tonight to change the oil, and I wanna check the tranny fluid level since I think it's slipping...

ideas?

I know we have it posted somewhere here, but search and google are drawing a blank.

GMRetiree is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Sorry, I don't believe this post. I've heard these myths a thousand times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen P. View Post
    In 1970 I worked at a Cadillac Dealership in the new car service garage.
    Insufficient power - running rough = one entire piston and associated connecting rod, etc. not installed.
    Banging, rattling in fender = pop bottle wired/suspended inside right fender just ahead of right front door.
    Dash emblem in Sedan Deville read: Eldorado/ door insignia = Seville/ Trunk ID = Coupe DeVille
    Wierd interior sounds, = right internal sail panel trim missing.
    Transport driver while unloading car - this car has a custom (????) exhaust = no exhaust at all.
    I should have kept a diary.
    My CTS V Coupe arrived August 12. At just over 700 miles, we had Rear Differential, Transmission, and Engine Fluids changed. Coincidentally this flushed all the manufacturing debris and likely improved longevity of the car.
    I asked the mechanic to show me how it was done (therefore verifying correct fluid levels).

SLIM6.2 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): cts-v

i just bought a used cts-v 2009 sedan and in the morning when i leave for work the rear-end wines when u turn to the left or the right but the sound clears up when u straigten it out...... this is helpfull info....thankx guys

SLIM6.2 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): cts-v

and my boy has an 06 or 07 stock z06 he blew the engine running a lambo they tested the oil to make shur he was runnin mobil1 synthetic...he said they told him if he wasent it was not covered under warranty......not shur if thats going to be the same deal with the cadillac but just sumthin to think about

sushanthsuresh is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Try checking the viscosity of the oil by rubbing it in your finger tips. Once you get the hang of it, its really helpful.
    The reason to change it in the first 500mi is
    --> During the initial stage "run in" machining takes places between the piston and cylinder in small amounts. The machined metal(Scrap) flows through the oil. So it is advisable to change it within the first 700 miles.
    A way to check it. Some engines have a metallic drain plug. So the metal parts get attracted to this drain plug. When you check the drain plug between the first and second service you can notice that the first once has more(relatively) metal powder compared to the second one.

Xtreme70SS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX, STS-V

This is great information for us new owners. Thanks!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.