cts-v dead - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, cts-v dead in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; For what its worth, just got back from the dealer. Here's what they wrote "found connector loose at rear fuse ...
    cadigo's is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 cadillac cts-v 6-m

Re: cts-v dead

For what its worth, just got back from the dealer. Here's what they wrote "found connector loose at rear fuse block. Reseat xi fuse box connector and tightened bolt to first design specs per bulliten # 00-08-44-010c." They HOPE this will solve the problem.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Quote Originally Posted by jwa999 View Post
    Software manufacturers usually force you to their latest versions.
    but hardware manufacturers want you to buy the new hardware...
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

ba_rt is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Cadigo's, did you ever get your problem fixed? I bought an 09 CTS-V recently and having a battery drain issue.

Quote Originally Posted by cadigo's View Post
    For what its worth, just got back from the dealer. Here's what they wrote "found connector loose at rear fuse block. Reseat xi fuse box connector and tightened bolt to first design specs per bulliten # 00-08-44-010c." They HOPE this will solve the problem.

tedcmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I have a 2009 CTS-V Sedan with no battery issues (it still has the original battery). As far as the Coupe is concerned (I also have a 2013 CTS-V Coupe), I did some investigation and found that the hidden key inside the FOB only works only on the trunk (there is no place to insert the key on the Coupe doors). Open the trunk (the key position is hard to find) then pull the release tab on the upper part of the trunk cover (this is also hard to find). This will open the driver's door.

Prof is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Just checking back...after changing my dash power port to "switched"...am still going on the OEM battery...will be four years in April...probably will get a new one just to avoid the problem...four years is super in my book.

Brian in GA is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): "08 Escalade, 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Tony407 View Post
    Our key fob has a conventional key inside of it. You press the sides and it pulls out, allowing you to unlock the driver's door.

I love trivia!!! LOL

Tony
    I had no idea there was a key inside the key fob. Now I have to find out where it goes on a 2011 coupe.

Brian

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in GA View Post
    I had no idea there was a key inside the key fob. Now I have to find out where it goes on a 2011 coupe.

Brian
    Driver's door, right?

Kluch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 V
    TRUNK. There is a manual door release in the coupe trunk after u open with the key

setherman5000 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 2011
    I came home Christmas eve from a 2 week vacation. Battery on the V was dead, no power anywhere. Called customer care on christmas morning and a service person came from the dealer. He was in a suburban that had dealer logos on it. He looked at it, saw nothing was left on, pulled a new battery from him truck and swaped out the old battery. The back of the suburban was fully outfitted with tools and some parts. Very impressed with Martin caddy in West L.A

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by setherman5000 View Post
    I came home Christmas eve from a 2 week vacation. Battery on the V was dead, no power anywhere. Called customer care on christmas morning and a service person came from the dealer. He was in a suburban that had dealer logos on it. He looked at it, saw nothing was left on, pulled a new battery from him truck and swaped out the old battery. The back of the suburban was fully outfitted with tools and some parts. Very impressed with Martin caddy in West L.A
    Setherman, I'm sorry to hear about your battery frustration over the holiday but pleased that it appears to be resolved now. Thank you for sharing that information for the community's benefit, and please let me know if you would ever like me to investigate further for you or document your dealer feedback. I'm reachable via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Quote Originally Posted by ba_rt View Post
    Cadigo's, did you ever get your problem fixed? I bought an 09 CTS-V recently and having a battery drain issue.
    Ba_rt, have you brought your V concerns to your Cadillac dealership's attention yet? I recommend having their specialized technicians view your battery concerns firsthand, and please feel free to email me anytime if you would like me to follow up with them at any point on your behalf!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

flatrockguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Raven V Sedan, M6, Graphite Rims, Yellow Brembos

I just found this for the 2009.

xTooltipElement
    Service Information
    2009 Cadillac CTS | CTS VIN D Service Manual | View All Bulletins | Document ID: 2343839
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#09-08-50-002A: Vehicle Will Not Crank/Start, Battery Goes Dead, Four Amp Draw from Memory Seat Module (MSM) (Reprogram MSM) - (Sep 9, 2009)
    Subject: Vehicle Will Not Crank/Start, Battery Goes Dead, Four Amp Draw From Memory Seat Module (MSM) (Reprogram MSM)

Models: 2008- 2009 Cadillac CTS, CTS-V

Built Prior to VIN Breakpoint 90160070

Equipped With EZ-Key RPO UHA, UHF

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This bulletin is being revised to provide a VIN breakpoint. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 09-08-50-002 (Section 08 – Body and Accessories).

Condition

Some customers may comment that the vehicle will not crank or start and the battery goes dead.

If battery electrical drain/parasitic load testing is performed while the condition is present, a four amp draw can be traced to the memory seat module (MSM). The draw will be present until the battery goes dead, the MSM power is disconnected, or the 1 or 2 memory switch on the driver door is pressed.

Cause

This condition may be caused by a software conflict within the MSM that causes the low speed GMLAN bus to stay awake if the vehicle detects keyless transmitter number 3 or number 4 and the memory seat recall/easy exit recall is set to ON in the driver information center (DIC).

Note: This condition will only happen if all three of the conditions listed below are true.

• The vehicle has the EZ-key option (RPO UHA, UHF).

• The memory seat/easy exit recall is set to "On" or "Automatic On".

• A fob driver ID of greater than number 2 is used.

Correction

• A revised calibration has been developed to address this condition.

• Reprogram the MSM using the Service Programming System (SPS) with the latest calibration available on TIS2WEB. Refer to the SPS procedures in SI.

• During programming, the battery voltage must be maintained within the proper range of 12-15 volts. Only use the approved Midtronics® PSC550 Battery Maintainer (SPS Programming Support Tool EL-49642) or equivalent during programming.

• When using a Tech 2® for reprogramming, ensure that it is updated with the latest software version.

• When using a multiple diagnostic interface (MDI) for reprogramming, ensure that it is updated with the latest software version.

Warranty Information

For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:

Labor Operation

Description

Labor Time

N9524*

Driver Seat Module – Reprogram Using SPS

0.4 hr

*This is a unique labor operation for bulletin use only. It will not be published in the Labor Time Guide.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.

WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

© 2013 General Motors. All rights reserved.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.