cts-v dead - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, cts-v dead in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by backup Yep! Ok how do you open the door on the coupe with a dead battery? (I ...
    Tony407 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None

Re: cts-v dead

Quote Originally Posted by backup View Post
    Yep! Ok how do you open the door on the coupe with a dead battery? (I honestly do not know, but there must be a manual option...)
    I assume you mean from the inside of the car? There's some sort of latch near the door on the floor area that manually pops the door open.

I would assume that entry into the car from the outside would be the same for the sedan.

Tony

dvandentop is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 09 Silver V 06 Silver Z06

dont kid yourself the vette is probably worse then the v for battery life

RemoWilliams is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Tony407 View Post

If the tech doesn't want to waste his time and you're frustrated enough to give the car up (this goes for you too, Remo) you might want to try either of the two aftermarket batteries I suggested first. It might solve the problem. Even if there is a parasitic drain, one of these batteries might be able to withstand it and you'd never know the difference. Just an option.

Tony
    I was going to buy a yellow top. But, the battery has been drained within 3.5 hours before. A yellow top would just be a small band-aid on a gushing wound. I can't trust my car to start and that fast of a battery drain is a BIG ISSUE. If it happens again I will try to get GM to take the car back. It sucks because I love the car.

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

if it happened before and it hasn't been fixed then it is bound to happen again
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

4gear70 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (MG9)

Quote Originally Posted by luv my V View Post
    Two things on this topic. I've heard or read somewhere maybe even on this forum that if the "Easy Exit Recall" is on, that can be a battery drainer.
    I've heard the same thing regarding the "Easy Exit Recall". I don't use this feature so it has never been on in my car.

Quote Originally Posted by luv my V View Post
    Also when I bought my V from the dealer he told me to always leave the car in reverse when parked. (Yes mine's a manual). I asked him why and he said he's been told that with all the manual Corvette's and this GM is no different because they drain power in any gear except reverse. It actually says it it the manual also.
    I don't agree with the battery draining in any gear except reverse. I always leave my cars (manuals) in gear. My V is usually left in 1st as it sits flat in my garage. I've had it sit all of last winter (over 2 months) without being touched and the battery had no issues starting the car.
    The owner's manual speaks of putting the manual in Reverse when parked because it has the highest ratio (3.28 for R vs. 3.08 for 1st) to hold the car. On a flat surface like my garage, it doesn't make a difference. This has nothing to do with power consumption when shut off.

snzuloz is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V / 2004 Porsche CTT

I just parked my car for the season, it takes seconds to disconnect the battery if you know your not going to be running the car for awhile. Pop the positive post cover off in the trunk and flip up the lever and off it comes, no tools required. Then I don't have to worry about any battery drain etc, obviously this drain that is in this post is significant enough to kill the battery in such a short time. A simple test with a voltmeter would tell you how much draw you have (try different seat settings and such and compare the difference), pm me if you need assistance I can help you out if required.

Tony407 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by 4gear70 View Post
    The owner's manual speaks of putting the manual in Reverse when parked because it has the highest ratio (3.28 for R vs. 3.08 for 1st) to hold the car. On a flat surface like my garage, it doesn't make a difference. This has nothing to do with power consumption when shut off.
    Yeah, this is the first thing I thought of too when I heard the "leave the car in reverse to prevent draining the battery" theory.

Tony

JFJr is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)

One year and 10 months later with my daily driver, absolutely no battery problems, but my car is totally stock. Those with mods have to be concerned about the consequences; it's not GM's problem.

Jud

RemoWilliams is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

All mods are disconnected. If it keeps happening then it will be a GM problem. I do use the easy exit feature and I love it. If it's causing a problem they better figure it out. I'm not going to stop using features I bought because it might cause a problem. The battery and electrical system has checked out fine on my car.

MReiland is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 13 Volt, 2008 Outlook XR (05 CTS Blk/Blk Traded-in)

First, your dealer should diagnose this under warranty and fix it, your battery should not be dead after a few days, period (I have read on the net a battery should last from 25-45 days before it could be low enough to possibly not start). If they don't want to do it PM me and I will send you more information on how to get your dealer involved and your claim escalated. A quick search of the PI and Bulletins reveals:
    #PIC5090A: Battery Goes Dead Intermittently (RPO U2R Or U2T Radio Software) - keywords draw int - (Jul 24, 2009)
    #07-07-30-032C: Shifter Binds, Ignition Key Sticks, Shift to Park Message Displayed On Driver Information Center (DIC), Dead Battery (Adjust Shift Linkage) - (Jan 8, 2010)
    #09-08-46-004A: Generation 8 OnStar Modules Inoperative and Possible Battery Discharge Condition (Replace OnStar VCIM) - (Dec 17, 2009)
    #09-08-50-002A: Vehicle Will Not Crank/Start, Battery Goes Dead, Four Amp Draw from Memory Seat Module (MSM) (Reprogram MSM) - (Sep 9, 2009)

cadigo's is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 cadillac cts-v 6-m

Quote Originally Posted by CADYSHAK View Post
    Has anybody experienced losing battery life when NOT driving the car more than twice a week and logging in about 4-5 hours driving time in the week?

CADYSHAK
    I had a thread on this about 2 weeks ago {dead in the driveway } Dealer did some research and found several cases of this problem. They think a fuse block in the trunk may be the cause. Taking it in this wednesday for them to try and figure out.

paul34 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Try parking your V back-in in your garage. if your battery is dead, you can simply push start it.

Of course, if you have an automatic, this is not practically possible.

cadigo's is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 cadillac cts-v 6-m

Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    Try parking your V back-in in your garage. if your battery is dead, you can simply push start it.

Of course, if you have an automatic, this is not practically possible.
    Since the car has to recognize the key fob a push start wont work with a dead battery.

cmann_97 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe

Bringing this back up because it is a pain in the a##. Purchased my 2009 CTS-V car w/6500 miles....battery dead the next day...called roadside service..... they jumped the car off...ran fine for hours.... dead again the next morning....called roadside assistance again next day .....this time brought new battery. ...installed ... ran fine for hours....dead in 2 days. I love a challenge .... Tested and tested and found this:
    Memory seat settings - Cycle through and turn the "exit recall" and "easy exit setup" features "off" with your left of the steering wheel mounted controls. You can leave everything else on. THEN turn the round dimmer swich all the way to the left (off) before you exit the car for the night/day...This combination is a known problem (TSB) My car started every day...even skipped as long as 7 days .... no problems.

This completely fixed my problem. I understand that there is a software patch (TSB) for this, just haven't had mine done yet
    Read more at http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ktrack=kcplink

jwa999 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 2009 White Diamond, 996TT Silver, G35 Coupe 6mt, M45S

FYI. Just came back from 8-day vacation, charged up the battery, took less than 10 minutes to get it back fully charged with a 6 amp charger.
    OEM battery, has already been drained overnight a few times when my wife left it in the on/acc mode. (and that can take all night to recharge at 6 amp). Never used the auto exit, because it works like crap on '09. Wish GM would update firmware of it's earlier years to '11. Software manufacturers usually force you to their latest versions.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.