Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2011 purchase help

2K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  shade 
#1 ·
Hello making my last payment on my daily driver in oct and got the approval from the wife to get a cts-v. The problem is that I want to get the stick but she insist on the auto. Does anyone know if the traction control system from the corvette will make it into the new cts-v? I believe the auto is speed limited because of the gearing. Yes I know its hard to reach max speed but I do live close to a track in Nj and do want to visit Monticello. Any info would be appreciated. Also I know hennessey's mods usually state for the manual. Does anyone have a auto that did the upgrades? Thanks again

#3 ·
thanks kind of bummed; 122 looks and only 1 reply. eveybod either has a stick or has not done any mods to their auto. To get away with the purchase I have to get a uato because my wife can't drive the stick so its gonna have to do. Will post picks soon; been dealing with a dealership here in jersey.

#4 ·
Most of the people on this forum have automatic Vs including many that have done mods. If you look through the forum, then you'll see that many of the fastest Vs are not manual. Hennessey has moded plenty of Automatic Vs. I'm pretty sure a simple tune can get rid of the speed limiter. You can also do a simple pulley change with tune for $1500-$2000 and you'll have 630hp instead of 556hp. Don't tell the wife and she'll think the car came that way lol....

If you're in NJ, then just call East Coast Supercharging. They do great work and they've worked on plenty of Vs.

#12 ·
Do I miss my 08 Z06? I'll always love that bad to the bone look of a Z06. It just excudes brute force like no other. That is until I get to the Car's and Coffee meet and all I see are rows of similar looking Z's and Camaro's. However the new design might be a different story.

The V's got something unique. It's a real beast, a sleeper, w/bulbous hood, fat substantial front fascia, huge Brembos, Recaro's, you know the rest of the story. These car's are an everyday comfortable and highly useable daily driver. Not a "don't take it out in the rain, driveway jewelry". Unless that's what you want.

To me Vette looks best lowered and that's where it's starts to get dicey. I had PFADT coilovers, sat perfectly and it rode tight and had that "on rails" feel, I loved it. But...You had tip-toe over most everything, driveway entries and everyday terrain got to be a real hassle..

Lower a V and life is still good. Shoe them with just that right wheel/tire combo and man, you've got one very unique whip. Just my opinion.

Check out the Thread entiltled, "WFO's Photo Shoot". Now that's what I'm talking about!

#14 ·
domsz06 thanks so much you rock this info is exactly what I was looking for; also thanks for the ls1 linc will check that out. I did do some research even though many of the people say I have not looked; when i did find henneseey's cts-v's they were all manual. I did not call them (want to have the car first) to bother them. cant wait for purchase. Little bummed about something not sure if others experienced this when I went to the dealership they did not treat me like a real buyer. I had my daughter with me and was in shorts etc but was a little put off by the experience. I may just try to do a vacation road trip to buy mine from Scott

#18 ·
Lol I know how you feel, buying my first jet ski at 21, boat at 23, and z06 at 27 all new I never got the time of day from dealerships, the ones that didn't give me the time didn't get my business, the ones that did got my sale. You should see the dealers that didnt help me when I drive by and say hi, the look on their face realizing they just lost the sale and commision. Priceless!! ;)

#17 ·
I had the same experience at a dealer. They did not treat me as a real buyer and I ended up purchasing an M3 instead. Now I am back looking at a CTS V Wagon and hopefully will get a better purchase experience.

As for the 6 spd vs. manual, sounds like a great teaching opportunity for your wife. Just tell her she has to learn so she can drive a rental car in Europe when you go!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.