Install of Wait4me Heat Exchanger with Custom Bumper Mount - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Install of Wait4me Heat Exchanger with Custom Bumper Mount in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Yep, no problems with mine. I got about 7,000 miles on my H.E. and it has not moved. Works great ...
    cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Install of Wait4me Heat Exchanger with Custom Bumper Mount

Yep, no problems with mine. I got about 7,000 miles on my H.E. and it has not moved. Works great too.

Domsz06 is offline Cadillac Owner
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post
    I still haven't seen pictures of what the bumper looked like on the car that one fell out of. It had to have been missing the WHOLE bottom half. And some power steering lines would have had to be cut off for it to have falled out. Steering lines are kinda important.

The covers and the bumper cover keep it from being able to move at all. We have over 250 i have built now and sold in the past years, and i still dont see a need for the brackets, but they are easy to put on for those that want them. It is just 2 L shapes on the end tanks. But to pull a front bumper just to install one is a pain.
    I guess it's the engineer in myself or the fact that I have ruined so many things by doing it the not smart way. I haven't taked a look to see, and I'm not doubting you Jesse, I'm just saying when I buy one, it will be bolted on because that's just me. To all the others it's your own descision, and I would venture to say it sounds like it will do just find since you only have what appears 1 failure in 250 sample size, pretty good odds IMO.

:thumbs:

arubenstein is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1968 Coupe Deville, 1969 Calais, 2009 CTS-v

I note that people leave the stock H/E in the car. Is there any reason to not pull it out? Is it really adding that much cooling capacity to the much larger, after-market H/E?

zeeboid is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V Wagon, Escalade ESV

Anyone ever get an answer on why you would leave the stock H/E in the car?

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Quote Originally Posted by zeeboid View Post
    Anyone ever get an answer on why you would leave the stock H/E in the car?
    Many guys will run the OEM H/E in tandem with an aftermarket unit: not only does it drastically increase the net effective surface area and fluid volume (ie 2 exchangers vs just one; more fluid = more stable/lower temps); but there are also some perceived advantages to having both. Having one exchanger down low in the bumper is more efficient at speed (cleaner airflow), and having an exchanger higher up near the radiator can theoretically take advantage of the fans when the car is sitting still.

Whether or not this is truly effective I don't know - but there are several discussions on this over on the "other" sight in the "cooling" subforum.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.