Cadillac Owners Forum banner
18K views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  Karch 
#1 ·
Who if anyone has had there tranny built? How is it holding up and who built it? My trans is slippling pretty bad and it's time to build? Who should I use??

#5 ·
Yes it puts down about 620 to the wheels but has been putting down that power for a while now and the tranny is slipping. To answer your question it acts like a slipping tranny in between shifts. It also has a tranny tune from wait4me everything else is stock.

#7 ·
You might want to check the Pontiac G8 boards. They had a LOT of guys adding superchargers and they use the same trans (6L80E), only weaker from the factory. They had a few places that upgraded them, but I can't remember the names.

#11 ·
What are your exact engine mods? Did we do the build? How many miles are on your car?

#14 ·
Heads and cam kook headers and exhaust back to the stock mufflers. Ati underdrive and a 2.55 pulley on the top and ls3 throttle body. Your heat exchanger and trans tune and lpe cold air kit. Car last week ran a 11.07@127 on 20inch street tire. I talked to you about it. I took it to the track friday and the trans was done. The car has about 12k for miles but the trans only about 2500 miles.
This car has already had 2 rpm transmissions with a yank torque converter and they both burnt the clutches real fast. I'm not saying that it was rpm's fault I know the build a good trans so who knows? I bought this car used off a friend of mine after he gave up on it. I'm a little more patient.:yup:

#17 ·
Wow. Great times.

#24 ·
I am wondering if it a problem with the Yank TC's or a problem with using any performance TC in these transmissions? What ECM tuning was your friends using?

These 6 speeds rely highly on TM to allow them to live.
Yank has an excellent reputation in the 4 speed auto world.

peace
Hog

#28 · (Edited)
Lot of weight difference and completely different converter is used in the cars. Wouldn't call it slippage more like engage disengage.

Friend had the yank in his V2 and it was slipping like crazy. He picked up a 110rwtq just putting the stock one back in. Could be isolated of course but I have heard problems with yanks in the V2's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.