Cadillac Owners Forum banner
77K views 213 replies 66 participants last post by  6104696 
#1 ·
A concern was the lack of spare in the trunk and since I am on the road all day long I had to make something work.

I bought lots of parts from the Caddy dealer and made a full bolt on kit. I milled out the back of the wheel and made a proper spacer/adaptor to fit.

Check it out, well once again this forum sucks and I cant upload the photos. Why hasn't this feature been corrected?

#139 ·
I received the adapter a few weeks ago, but have not tried it on the car yet. It does fit properly on the Compact spare wheel, with no interference. I am confident it will fit the car and clear the brake calipers. I will try this weekend to jack the car up and install and confirm.

#143 ·
I installed the spare tire on today using the Adaptit spacer and it worked fine. No issues. Will try to post pictures.

If you have the ability to get the spare tire kit, then all you have to do is order from AdaptitUSA the spacer. 1 and 1/2 inch with 5 X120 lug pattern. ADAPTSM15

#147 ·
Not really. If you have the spare tire kit option that came with the cts the jack works fine. I found it difficult to use the jack handle to turn the extension for the jack. it was a slow process moving the handle back and forth so I could make Full turns as well as It came very close to hitting the door. So I used an adjustable wrench, a large one and it worked perfectly. I am thinking of trying to get another jack handle that will fit the slot of the extension and cut it down so it can turn freely, making it a quicker change.

#148 · (Edited)
So I bought a kit advertised on eBay advertised to fit a CTS-V and it arrived today as a simply stock CTS spare wheel kit, with no spacer and will not clear front caliper. I've written the seller to try to resolve this, I am assuming from prior postings that buying tha spacer from Adaptit USA along with 5 lugs will solve my problem. Any other approach to resolve it?

#154 ·
Yes, it works on the coupe as well.

#155 ·
rodneye said:
Quick question. Does this spare tire kit work on the coupe. I noticed all of you drive sedans or wagons...

Im definately interested if it does.
Yes it does.

It even came with a mounting base, jack, breaker bars and socket.

I need to put Velcro on the bottom so it doesnt slide around. Not much room in the trunk but it will beat a tow if I'm in the middle of nowhere. Got a cheap cover that keeps it tidy.

#159 · (Edited)
Yes, it does. I have this setup, having transferred it from my V sedan. This is an image from my wagon.

#162 ·
You will kick yourself if you get a flat and you are stuck at the side of the road for two hours in a snowstorm waiting for a tow. It happened to me, including the BAD snowstorm part, and was the impetus for my purchase. The money spent is well worth the convenience. Now a flat is at worst, a 15-20-minute inconvenience and not a huge chunk of your day wasted. Car should have come with at least the option for a spare.

#163 ·
Awesome thread!!!

So at that site... (adapt it USA)

I have a selection for 5 X 120 to 5 X 120 Wheel Adapter ($54.75)
I have a field for Adapter Thickness: 1.5 inch (+$5.00)
I have a selection that asks "Does your vehicle take lug bolts?": I believe I answer no, as the V takes lug nuts, not bolts, (is that right?)
(Selections for year/make & phone are intuitive)
I have a selection for Stud upgrade and see the 14x1.50 selection in teh drop down: I select that ($10.00)

(It's non-returnable, so I want to get this right...once.)

Banph, can you verify this & answer the nut/bolt question?

Next, I need to get a jack, wheel/tire & wrench. If I understand the above posts right, I can get a wheel/tire from an '09+ CTS and use it as a spare on all 4 corners on the 2011 V sedan.
Is there an alternate wheel/tire I should consider instead?

Banph, can you verify this & answer the alternate wheel/tire question also?

#184 ·
Is the below 100% verified ?

Awesome thread!!!

So at that site... (adapt it USA)

I have a selection for 5 X 120 to 5 X 120 Wheel Adapter ($54.75)
I have a field for Adapter Thickness: 1.5 inch (+$5.00)
I have a selection that asks "Does your vehicle take lug bolts?": I believe I answer no, as the V takes lug nuts, not bolts, (is that right?)
(Selections for year/make & phone are intuitive)
I have a selection for Stud upgrade and see the 14x1.50 selection in teh drop down: I select that ($10.00)

(It's non-returnable, so I want to get this right...once.)

#164 ·
Sorry for the delay, but I don't watch this forum that much.

I suggest you call them directly, but here is what I have on my Sales receipt:

ADAPTSM15 Wheel Adapter 1.50" QTY 1 $49.75
Vehicle: 5X120
Wheel: 5X120
LG14X150 14mm X1.50 ET Lug Nut QTY 5 No Charge
Lug Nut Discount since 5 come with the purchase of the adapter Credit of $5.00

ST14X150 14mm X150 Lug stud Upgrade (per stud) QTY 5 $3 each = $15.00

SHIP $10.00
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Type

No Sales tax

Total $69.75

Hope this helps. The adapter comes with lug studs (12MMX1.50) but I asked them for the 14Mm upgrade so i could use my original lugs nuts that come with the car.

With regards to the spare tire.. Others have posted the GM kit. You can get it through GM Direct Parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.