Cadillac Owners Forum banner
77K views 213 replies 66 participants last post by  6104696 
#1 ·
A concern was the lack of spare in the trunk and since I am on the road all day long I had to make something work.

I bought lots of parts from the Caddy dealer and made a full bolt on kit. I milled out the back of the wheel and made a proper spacer/adaptor to fit.

Check it out, well once again this forum sucks and I cant upload the photos. Why hasn't this feature been corrected?

#167 ·
I paid $795 about a month ago. They told me I was getting the last one they had in stock. Not sure if they made more or it was more of a selling tool for them. Either way Im really glad I purchased it. Its a great kit and now when I drive out of town I have piece of mind.

#168 ·
Wow. When the kit first came out, it was sold on eBay or via phone calls. When I bought my kit in 2010, I paid around $650 shipped--just looked at my Paypal history to confirm. They are making a nice profit on a niche product. There's capitalism at work for you.

#170 ·
Does the above combo fit onto the front and rear tires? Have you personally tried it and driven on it? Does all the suspension parts clear the wheel when the suspension compresses? Really compresses???

I know my questions sound like I'm being a doubter but and I am not hating on you. I just know that if you put the back wheel on the front, your suspension gets damaged because it won't clear. Eurotek had to machine out the spare tire to make eveything fit for front and back with one wheel. I do not own any spare tire kit yet, but I am looking for one.

#172 · (Edited)
Not trying to be rude, but sometimes CTS-V owners need to open their eyes and use their brains.

Fact:
The rear wheel is larger than the front (19X9), wider by an .5"(19X9.5 sedan) to 1"(19X10 Coupe) allowing a wider tire.
Clearly installing the rear wheel on the front spindle would create interference issues.

Fact:
The spare tire kit is a smaller tire than both the front and rear, creating more clearance in both wheel wells.

Fact:
The brake calipers are the issue for clearance. The front brake being the larger one requires the spare tire kit to have a 1/1/2" spacer. Without the spacer the spare tire wheel hits the brake calipers.

Eurotek does exactly what members on this forum did, without the $500 additional markup. Ever wonder why Eurotek never responds to any of these post other than to provide an opportunity for a sale. So members have two choices, just like JKPS posted. Assemble the parts yourself like other forum
members have suggested at about $300-$350 depending how savvy you are when it comes to GM internet parts shopping or spend the $800 for the
Eurotek kit and have a $500 piece of mind that you think they did it better.

However, just food for thought. I would suggest that any milling of the actual wheel (GM Spare Kit # 19179359) would compromise the integrity and strength of the wheel itself, making it unsafe for vehicle use. The only place to mill the wheel is where it mounts to the lugs bolts. Clearly using a 1 1/2 spacer solves this discussion.

#174 ·
The sedan rear wheel hits the spindle near where it connects to the upper A-Arm. The sedan rear wheel is 9.5-inches wide and has an offset of 56mm (vs. 51mm for the front wheel). That creates an interference.

To mount the rear sedan wheel on the front, you need an 8mm spacer (minimum) to clear the spindle. I have done it. Longer studs and hub-centric spacers are a wise choice if you go that way. D3 sells spacers specifically to mount the sedan rear wheels on the front. I use 9.5-inch wide wheels all around so I can rotate the tires.

If you buy wheels with a 40mm to 45mm offset, you can run 9.5-inch wheels all around with no spacers. Many of us who track our cars do that for track-day wheels/tires.

#178 ·
When I place the Eurotek spare up front it clears the caliper by only a centimeter but I guess that's enough. The only problem I have is keeping the wheel from rotating when torquing the spacer. Should I wedge a screwdriver against the caliper and rotor fins to hold the rotor when tightening?

#179 · (Edited)
I just found the Eurotek kit on ebay. They will NOT let me pick it up in da Bronx. Then I found this :worship:
So to be clear, I'm ordering:
GM part # 19179359, (from my internet parts dealer), $330; and the adaptor for $60
And a breaker bar, with a socket. and I'm done ????

Or I may go to a junk yard, and try to find a CTS, and just yank everything out of the truck.

#182 ·
Here is the website for the adapter that I bought. The Spacer is 1 1/2 thick. I asked them to install 14X150 studs vs the ones that come with them are 12X150. The cost is $3each for the 14X150 studs. This way you can use your original lug nuts when installing the spare tire. They will supply the smaller lug nuts that attach the spacer to your hub.

Go to this website: http://adaptitusa.com/5x120to5x120wheeladapter.aspx

Hope this helps

#186 ·
I just put my kit together. The spacer that everyone loves so much is NOT hub centric. It's lug centric, which can be problematic on long drives. You really need to center it, and torque it down correctly, if ever stranded. Had I known this, I would have called adaptit, and special ordered a hubcentric adaptor.

What did everyone do with the air pumps ? I may go out now, and look for a compact air pump, and hopefully it'll fit under the spare.

#188 ·
So when you have these parts, and you have to install it. What nuts hold the adaptor to the hub, and which ones hold the wheel to the adaptor. I am assuming that the nuts off the car, hold the spare tire to the adaptor. So do you need another oem set of nuts to put the adaptor on the hub?

#193 ·
Hey guys, to confirm, the GM kit #19179359 comes with the tire, rim, base kit, jack, breaker bar, and socket? For some reason I thought the GM setup was only the tire and rim. If so, even better yet. Oh and also, the spacer is this one? http://adaptitusa.com/5x120to5x120wheeladapter.aspx

I want to order both but wanted to make sure both were right and that with that kit and spacer, I get all I need. Thanks in advance.

#196 ·
Am I to assume that you have done this with them?

Some of these places are known for low ball pricing, then adding huge "handling charges" when they run the card. Their website shows $38.00 shipping to me for the tire and wheel. No way is that accurate.

Again, has anyone bought this tire and wheel from them? What did it cost to your door?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.