Full Spare tire kit for anyone interested in seeing. I made it work. - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Full Spare tire kit for anyone interested in seeing. I made it work. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; ^^^^ Yep, me too. Any concerns about change to the fore/aft weight distribution with something like this?...
    IBNR is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V (Silver over Black Recaros)

Re: Full Spare tire kit for anyone interested in seeing. I made it work.

^^^^

Yep, me too.

Any concerns about change to the fore/aft weight distribution with something like this?

Mikevette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2011 CTS-V Coupe, 2012 CTS-V Sedan

Talking Re: Full Spare tire kit for anyone interested in seeing. I made it work.

I would be interested in a spare tire and mounting hardware. I already have the pump, jack and sockets from my previouse Vette's (Zo6's)

Mike

M5DriverNY is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

The kit will be posted on Ebay through my friends shop who does all my work. Should be posted by Monday so keep an eye out.

If 4 or more guys really want this send me a PM and I will set this up I dont have time to follow the board and deal with this myself I will let them handle it all.

Glad lots of you guys like it.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Quote Originally Posted by cbloveday View Post
    The brass should seriously consider designing an OEM spare kit solution and offering it as an after-market accessory. If it was available, it would be in my garage right now!
    100% agree. The GM brass should have offered this in the first place, at minimum, as an option. Their attitude that people don't need a spare tire is completely, totally, WRONG. I don't know what focus group they talked to when developing our V, but it must not have included enough real-world users in markets with awful roads like Cleveland, Chicago, and New York. Heck, I visit Detroit all the time and the roads are as bad or worse than in Cleveland! You'd a thunk that a spare tire was still useful there at least.

(Sorry for the slight upset, I'm still crying over Cleveland's loss of LeBron.)

Club Malibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V, White, Manual, Bone stock, no sun-roof

Quote Originally Posted by MReiland View Post
    Hmmm, Why didn't I do this? j/k I did send this link to the brass though and they liked it.
    The brass should give M5DRIVERNY a lifetime supply of tires for the V and his Camaro!

Again M5DRIVERNY, thank you very much!!!!!!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

I don't think so...

vett1002 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS V, 2006 Z06

im definately interested in this

CTSVeee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2010 Escalade Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by M5DriverNY View Post
    The kit will be posted on Ebay through my friends shop who does all my work. Should be posted by Monday so keep an eye out.

If 4 or more guys really want this send me a PM and I will set this up I dont have time to follow the board and deal with this myself I will let them handle it all.

Glad lots of you guys like it.
    What does this kit include? Is it all the parts or just the parts that you have to mill?

May I suggest you just sell the milled part and let us round up the rest of the parts on our own using the list that you provide.

How much do you want for the kit? How much for just the part you have to mill?

Thanks,
    Ryan

cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by CTSVeee View Post
    What does this kit include? Is it all the parts or just the parts that you have to mill?

May I suggest you just sell the milled part and let us round up the rest of the parts on our own using the list that you provide.

How much do you want for the kit? How much for just the part you have to mill?

Thanks,
    Ryan
    Ryan,

One word, R&D cost.

Frankly, I would prefer NOT to scramble around looking for parts.

I would like to go to 1 place, make 1 decision, pay one invoice.

IBNR is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V (Silver over Black Recaros)

Agree with Curtis entirely. M5, please post a link to the eBay listing when it's up. Thanks!

HEDP-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS-V Thunder Grey,automatic,no recaros

M5, I will buy the tire kit in a heart beat as soon as its available. I totally agree with CBLOVEDAY and ANONFRANk on GM having a spare tire option. All the roads and infrastructure in the U.S are in need of repair, and having a spare tire in the trunk of your V is a valuable asset to have. Especially when you have to go to work on time and can not wait for roadside assistance to show up 2 hours later, and your boss is a jerk who doesn't like you because you have a CTS-V and he doesn't. M5DRIVERNY, please advise us on price,S&H and also if there is a way to pick up directly if you live in the NY/NJ/PA/CONN area. THANX for posting this thread and taking the time for researching and developing the kit. OUTSTANDING INITIATIVE! JOB WELL DONE!

chopmeat is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

That is GREAT!!!!
    M5DriverNY, what is the name it will be under on Ebay???
    Please let us know because I definitely want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mik2718 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V, Red

Quote Originally Posted by M5DriverNY View Post
    Any news? I did not find anything on ebay this morning.

M5DriverNY is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Guys well today the SPARE was a total lifesaver and I got to use it. I recently came back from vacation and noticed on the 5 hour drive home the TPMS of one wheel showing 3 PSI low I assumed it was odd so I tighten the valve stem and the needle in the valve when I arrived home last Tuesday.

Few days passed and everything seems ok. Well today I was with one of my guys from work and we are heading up north about 78 miles. I noticed the car was starting to drift badly to the right after an hour into the drive. I didn't get any vibrations or TPMS warnings at all then Wham the right rear tire just gave out. I was fortunate to have a decent shoulder and help and in 10 minutes flat we were on the way. I had a local service station take a look before the ride home. New tire on order. There was a long nail on the inside of the edge of the shoulder block near the sidewall. The service shop said the tire heated up and caused the sidewall to give way or something

saved my day today with a very important business meeting we could have missed.

Also the guys who will be listing the kit on Ebay said they will get it on by Friday they were just slammed with work and the kid who does the listings has been out sick. hang tight guys. So far this is the 3rd tire nail incident on my CTSV since delivery which is getting annoying. I never had such issues on any other car before. Anyone else have tire issues in the Tri State?

sikohsix is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V/'99 Deville Concours

Hell yes. Had to replace both fronts because of bubbles. Potholes are unavoidable here. Looking forward to this spare tire kit.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.