Full Spare tire kit for anyone interested in seeing. I made it work. - Page 12
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Full Spare tire kit for anyone interested in seeing. I made it work. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Just under $800.00...
    Blakester is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 cts-v wagon
    Just under $800.00

rodneye is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS V Coupe

Re: Full Spare tire kit for anyone interested in seeing. I made it work.

I paid $795 about a month ago. They told me I was getting the last one they had in stock. Not sure if they made more or it was more of a selling tool for them. Either way Im really glad I purchased it. Its a great kit and now when I drive out of town I have piece of mind.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Wow. When the kit first came out, it was sold on eBay or via phone calls. When I bought my kit in 2010, I paid around $650 shipped--just looked at my Paypal history to confirm. They are making a nice profit on a niche product. There's capitalism at work for you.

jpks is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 cts v

eurotek is selling a kit that can be bought for 350dlrs.
    www.gmpartsdirect.com for spare tire kit#19179359 this is a complete kit just have to have tire mounted on rim..
    plus adapter from these guys.. http://adaptitusa.com/5x120to5x120wheeladapter.aspx
    why anyone would pay more i dont understand....
    V2 BRAWN and V2 BRAWN like this.

Club Malibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V, White, Manual, Bone stock, no sun-roof

Quote Originally Posted by jpks View Post
    www.gmpartsdirect.com for spare tire kit#19179359 this is a complete kit just have to have tire mounted on rim..
    plus adapter from these guys.. http://adaptitusa.com/5x120to5x120wheeladapter.aspx
    Does the above combo fit onto the front and rear tires? Have you personally tried it and driven on it? Does all the suspension parts clear the wheel when the suspension compresses? Really compresses???

I know my questions sound like I'm being a doubter but and I am not hating on you. I just know that if you put the back wheel on the front, your suspension gets damaged because it won't clear. Eurotek had to machine out the spare tire to make eveything fit for front and back with one wheel. I do not own any spare tire kit yet, but I am looking for one.

MD-11 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 12 CTS Coupe, 12 CTS-V Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Club Malibu View Post

I just know that if you put the back wheel on the front, your suspension gets damaged because it won't clear.
    Exactly what gets damaged?

banph is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan 6spd, 2008 Z06

Not trying to be rude, but sometimes CTS-V owners need to open their eyes and use their brains.

Fact:
    The rear wheel is larger than the front (19X9), wider by an .5"(19X9.5 sedan) to 1"(19X10 Coupe) allowing a wider tire.
    Clearly installing the rear wheel on the front spindle would create interference issues.

Fact:
    The spare tire kit is a smaller tire than both the front and rear, creating more clearance in both wheel wells.

Fact:
    The brake calipers are the issue for clearance. The front brake being the larger one requires the spare tire kit to have a 1/1/2" spacer. Without the spacer the spare tire wheel hits the brake calipers.

Eurotek does exactly what members on this forum did, without the $500 additional markup. Ever wonder why Eurotek never responds to any of these post other than to provide an opportunity for a sale. So members have two choices, just like JKPS posted. Assemble the parts yourself like other forum
    members have suggested at about $300-$350 depending how savvy you are when it comes to GM internet parts shopping or spend the $800 for the
    Eurotek kit and have a $500 piece of mind that you think they did it better.

However, just food for thought. I would suggest that any milling of the actual wheel (GM Spare Kit # 19179359) would compromise the integrity and strength of the wheel itself, making it unsafe for vehicle use. The only place to mill the wheel is where it mounts to the lugs bolts. Clearly using a 1 1/2 spacer solves this discussion.[COLOR="Silver"]

not try to be rude also, but installing the rear wheel/tire on the front does not "clearly" create rubbing issues and my question was for what suspension damage would be caused since it was posted that it would happen.

Low_ET is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, Thunder Gray, Auto

Quote Originally Posted by MD-11 View Post
    not try to be rude also, but installing the rear wheel/tire on the front does not "clearly" create rubbing issues and my question was for what suspension damage would be caused since it was posted that it would happen.
    The sedan rear wheel hits the spindle near where it connects to the upper A-Arm. The sedan rear wheel is 9.5-inches wide and has an offset of 56mm (vs. 51mm for the front wheel). That creates an interference.

To mount the rear sedan wheel on the front, you need an 8mm spacer (minimum) to clear the spindle. I have done it. Longer studs and hub-centric spacers are a wise choice if you go that way. D3 sells spacers specifically to mount the sedan rear wheels on the front. I use 9.5-inch wide wheels all around so I can rotate the tires.

If you buy wheels with a 40mm to 45mm offset, you can run 9.5-inch wheels all around with no spacers. Many of us who track our cars do that for track-day wheels/tires.

Thank you

phatman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Thanks! I posted this a few pages back, along with the part number and was told I was wrong, so instead of arguing, I just let it go. Figured, if you want to pay $800 instead of $350, it's your money.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Back a couple of years ago when this thread started, this info wasn't easily available. If it had, I'd have probably done this myself instead of spending more.

As I keep posting, GM needs to make the next V available with a spare kit as an option so we don't have to McGyver our own solutions.

vagondr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 CTS-V wagon WD graphite 6MT Corsa Sports

When I place the Eurotek spare up front it clears the caliper by only a centimeter but I guess that's enough. The only problem I have is keeping the wheel from rotating when torquing the spacer. Should I wedge a screwdriver against the caliper and rotor fins to hold the rotor when tightening?

the blur is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I just found the Eurotek kit on ebay. They will NOT let me pick it up in da Bronx. Then I found this
    So to be clear, I'm ordering:
    GM part # 19179359, (from my internet parts dealer), $330; and the adaptor for $60
    And a breaker bar, with a socket. and I'm done ????

Or I may go to a junk yard, and try to find a CTS, and just yank everything out of the truck.

jzchen is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '85 Sedan de Ville, '10 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by the blur View Post
    I just found the Eurotek kit on ebay. They will NOT let me pick it up in da Bronx. Then I found this
    So to be clear, I'm ordering:
    GM part # 19179359, (from my internet parts dealer), $330; and the adaptor for $60
    And a breaker bar, with a socket. and I'm done ????

Or I may go to a junk yard, and try to find a CTS, and just yank everything out of the truck.
    Don't forget the spacer/adapter, (one would assume.)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.