Full Spare tire kit for anyone interested in seeing. I made it work. - Page 10
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Full Spare tire kit for anyone interested in seeing. I made it work. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Side skirts under V are different than std.cts, what are we using to overcome damaging skirt when jacking car? Any ...
    Blakester is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 cts-v wagon
    Side skirts under V are different than std.cts, what are we using to overcome damaging skirt when jacking car? Any pictures?

jzchen is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '85 Sedan de Ville, '10 CTS-V

Re: Full Spare tire kit for anyone interested in seeing. I made it work.

Quote Originally Posted by banph View Post
    I have been reading this forum quite often but this is the first time I thought a needed to reply. My wife just bought a new 2012 CTS-V. She also owned a 2009 CTS and when she bought it we purchased the Compact spare kit as an additional option. When she traded it in, we kept the spare tire kit. After reading all the discussions and looking at the Eurotek kit, I was trying to figure out what was different from my OEM kit and the one for $600.
    Here is what I did today. I pulled the front wheel off the CTS-V, since this has the largest caliper and put three spacers (approx 1.2") on the wheel lug bolts. I then held up the compact spare like it was mounted. I spun the wheel and no rubbing occurred. I believe it will fit with a 1 1/2" spacer. Clearly it is tight on the inside of the front caliber but fits with enough clearance to handle an emergency situation. Adaptit USA makes a wheel spacer just like the one Eurotek sells. Its about $50. Model # 51205120. I plan to call them next week and order one with the right 14X150 lugs. Unless I am crazy, this will allow both the front and rear wheels enough clearance to use my current OEM spare. When you look at the Eurotek product that is what they did, provide a spacer. Not clear why they had to mill the wheel unless it is for clearance of the lug nut bolts that attach the spacer. If you order a 1 1/2 inch spacer it appears this will eliminate this problem.

Again, don't want to come off as an expert here, but maybe there is another cheaper alternative. Eurotek is a good one, but costly. When I emailed them to buy the spacer only, since I had everything else, they told me it was to expensive to build just the spacer and it would cost about $300. They did say that it was a little more complicated since they had to mill the wheel. Not clear why, based on my test fit this morning.

Well, if anyone out there has different info, please share.

In conclusion, I know that Cadillac personnel monitor this forum and they should. Clearly they need to provide a better alternative to CTS-V owners then inflatable compressors with sealant. Remember if you have to use the sealant, you ruin your valve stem monitor and that is costly to replace. I also have a 08 Z06 and it comes with Run Flat tires. I don't understand why the CTS-V doesn't.
    I think the reason for no run-flats was a bumpy ride. Run flats ride harsh, even on my '04 AWD Toyota Sienna with the tall sidewalls. Anyways, people who want runflats, AND don't care whether they are running different tires front and back, (I don't because they are staggered fitment anyways, but won't need new tires anytime soon,) can use these:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

for the front.
    And there are several "99" sevice description runflats to choose from (I don't know if this link really works, tried on another tab but it seems generic.):

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/CompareTires.jsp

for the rear.

oldiemotors is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by banph View Post
    ... Adaptit USA makes a wheel spacer just like the one Eurotek sells. Its about $50. Model # 51205120. I plan to call them next week and order one with the right 14X150 lugs. Unless I am crazy, this will allow both the front and rear wheels enough clearance to use my current OEM spare.
    Has anyone confirmed that the standard CTS spare will work with the 1.5" spacer from Adaptit? Anyone have the part number for the standard CTS spare kit?

banph is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan 6spd, 2008 Z06

I received the adapter a few weeks ago, but have not tried it on the car yet. It does fit properly on the Compact spare wheel, with no interference. I am confident it will fit the car and clear the brake calipers. I will try this weekend to jack the car up and install and confirm.

Does Cadillac sell a kit for the standard CTS. I called my Cadillac dealer and they could not find one.

They did in 09. It was an option on the order list.

Anyone have a GM part number for the kit?

I installed the spare tire on today using the Adaptit spacer and it worked fine. No issues. Will try to post pictures.

If you have the ability to get the spare tire kit, then all you have to do is order from AdaptitUSA the spacer. 1 and 1/2 inch with 5 X120 lug pattern. ADAPTSM15

Here are the pictures of the spare tire with the Adapter on the vehicle. Hope this helps people with another alternative.

The people at Adaptit USA are great to work with. You can look it up on the web if interested.
    Attached Images
    dennych and dennych like this.

Blakester is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 cts-v wagon
    Did you have any trouble lifting car with sizzor jack.(clearing plastic facia?)

Dogbreath is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

So just to make it easy for those of us too lazy to go back through the entire thread, can somebody put together the part numbers and manufacturers for the kit?

Not really. If you have the spare tire kit option that came with the cts the jack works fine. I found it difficult to use the jack handle to turn the extension for the jack. it was a slow process moving the handle back and forth so I could make Full turns as well as It came very close to hitting the door. So I used an adjustable wrench, a large one and it worked perfectly. I am thinking of trying to get another jack handle that will fit the slot of the extension and cut it down so it can turn freely, making it a quicker change.
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

Lenvo65 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan

So I bought a kit advertised on eBay advertised to fit a CTS-V and it arrived today as a simply stock CTS spare wheel kit, with no spacer and will not clear front caliper. I've written the seller to try to resolve this, I am assuming from prior postings that buying tha spacer from Adaptit USA along with 5 lugs will solve my problem. Any other approach to resolve it?

Here is the website for the adapter that I bought. I asked them to install 14X150 studs vs the ones that come with them are 12X150. The cost is $3 each for the 14X150 studs. This way you can use your original lug nuts when installing the spare tire.

Go to this website: http://adaptitusa.com/5x120to5x120wheeladapter.aspx
    dennych and dennych like this.

FinestKind-CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V

Is there a link to purchase the spare tire kit?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.