Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Took delivery of 2010 V...got a question!

919 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  IBNR 
#1 ·
Got my 2010 blk/blk, 6AT, recaro, roof, wood, suead wheel, polish wheels with 10 miles on the clock. Very impressed with Caddy as they have set 'the bar' really high. Anyhow, I have a question:

How many modes does the auto tranny have? For example...is there a 'sport auto' mode that shifts harder/quicker than just putting it in "D"?

Thanks

#2 ·
Well, yeah...3 modes with the AT: Tour, Sport, Manual.

When the shift knob is in "D" (i.e., Tour mode), push it over to the right. You'll see "Transmission Mode Sport" (or something like that) appear in the DIC, and the gear indicator (1, 2, 3, etc.) will come on in the Tach monocle just to the right of the illuminated "D". The tranny is still shifting in auto, but it holds the RPMs longer, shifts are a bit quicker, etc. Also starts off the line in 1st in Sport mode, as opposed to 2nd in Tour.

With the tranny in Sport mode, move the shift knob up or down (or hit either of the shift buttons on the back of the steering wheel) and you'll go into "Manual" mode; the illuminated letter "M" to the right of the "D" in the Tach monocle will turn red and you're now controlling (for the most part) the gear changes.

This is all covered quite extensively in the owners manual...honestly, it's well worth the read. Enjoy the car!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.