Best Deal on GMPP
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Best Deal on GMPP in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I just got a solicitation from GM for GMPP. The "recommended" service contract was for 5 years/100,000 miles with $100 ...
    sefa01 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Best Deal on GMPP

I just got a solicitation from GM for GMPP. The "recommended" service contract was for 5 years/100,000 miles with $100 deductible and the price was $2,145 plus $150.15 sales tax for a total of $2,295.15.

Now, if I wanted to buy it now, I can buy the same plan for $1,570 through a participating GM dealer. And no sales tax (for non-PA residents).

Will I buy it now? No. Because the plan is available at the same price until Oct. 1 and it is effective for vehicles with less than 12,000 miles and less than 12 months old. And the plan starts from the day you buy it, not from the in-service date.

That's what I did with my Corvette Z06. I waited until it was more than 11 months old and had 10,800 miles. I bought a 60 month with 60,000 miles, so I ended up with 71 months and 70,800 miles. If I'd bought it when at the in-service date I would have had 60 months and 60,004 miles.

So before this Oct. 1, I will buy a GMPP contract for my '09 V. But it will be at a large discount and will be effective for more time and more miles.

Here's the link to the current prices for the GMPP. The '09 CTS-V is Category C6, Table A (think it's the same for 2010, but not sure).

http://www.gmoutlet.com/emailserver/quote/mg/10mgc6.htm

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dvandentop is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 09 Silver V 06 Silver Z06

Re: Best Deal on GMPP

Call and ask for Ken at fitchner they are on the corvette forum and give great deals on the gmpp plans

http://www.fichtnerchevrolet.com/

otherwise i am sure lindsay cadillac could offer a good deal too

sefa01 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by dvandentop View Post
    Call and ask for Ken at fitchner they are on the corvette forum and give great deals on the gmpp plans

http://www.fichtnerchevrolet.com/

otherwise i am sure lindsay cadillac could offer a good deal too
    Fichtner doesn't come close to Black. Haven't gotten quotes from Lindsay.

dvandentop is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 09 Silver V 06 Silver Z06

how much price diff between black and fitchner? i will have to get in touch then with black if i consider getting one also

tblack is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, 2008 BMW M3

I could sell you one..... for $50 over dealer cost.... I'm in Canada but it should still be fine

Slick66 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by tblack View Post
    I could sell you one..... for $50 over dealer cost.... I'm in Canada but it should still be fine
    I'm a fellow Albertan, could you hook me up with this deal for my wife's Tahoe?

Krug Ford is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Just give me a call when you are ready and I can get you close to cost on it.

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

how about extending a current one?

tblack is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, 2008 BMW M3

Quote Originally Posted by Slick66 View Post
    I'm a fellow Albertan, could you hook me up with this deal for my wife's Tahoe?
    No sweat. I'll send you a PM.

spiff is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Old thread, but relevant...

I am shopping for a GMPP for a Silverado, I can't believe how much the dealers are asking, there must be 100% markups. Does anybody have a connection to somebody I can trust not to rip me off? I'm in Canada, not sure if I can buy GMPP from USA either, anybody know?

Thanks

shade is offline Cadillac Owner
    Automobile(s): CTSV

Actually there is close to a 110% markup on extended warranties. Its extremely profitable for a dealer.
    Whatever they ask cut it in half and maybe just a tad more then you will be close on cost.

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

I can't seem to get quotes like we used be able to do. Is this an email only thing?

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

OK, why spam in a whole bunch of threads about this? Do you work for James Black?

(Disclaimer: I purchased GMPP from James Black last summer, I guess before the changeover.)

Good info nevertheless.

stabie is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V wagon

Does anyone know what is covered under a bumper-bumper warranty that is not covered by the GMPP/GMEPP top warranty. For example, I am pretty sure that the MR shocks are covered under bumper-bumper. Are they covered under GMPP/GMEPP? Obviously tires, brake pads, lights are not covered under either unless not wear/tear related. I am thinking about getting an extended warranty but want to make sure I understand what it covers. The info online is purposefully vague I think. Thanks.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by stabie
    Does anyone know what is covered under a bumper-bumper warranty that is not covered by the GMPP/GMEPP top warranty. For example, I am pretty sure that the MR shocks are covered under bumper-bumper. Are they covered under GMPP/GMEPP? Obviously tires, brake pads, lights are not covered under either unless not wear/tear related. I am thinking about getting an extended warranty but want to make sure I understand what it covers. The info online is purposefully vague I think. Thanks.
    Shocks are excluded from the extended warranties.

So what does this mean for existing GMPP holders??

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.