Removing converters
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Removing converters in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Has anyone removed the cat. converters on one of these? I wanted to try and just run the stock exhaust ...
    Cub Cadet is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6spd MANUAL

Removing converters

Has anyone removed the cat. converters on one of these? I wanted to try and just run the stock exhaust without the converters. Is there anything out there for this, or is it down to just cutting them out and welding in new pipe? I want to run through the stock exhaust without those for now. I will not have to worry about emissions control in the future.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

v4meinsandiego is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Re: Removing converters

Your O2 sensors will throw a code because they are removed and you will see a check engine light come on. Plus, your car will stink. Save the atmosphere and don't do it. You can buy hi flow cats and satisfy the sound you want but keep it safe for the envirconment.

GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 V Coupe, 2013 Escalade ESV, 2015 Escalade on Order

I kept front cats and removed the rear cats which didn't cause any codes or any Check Engine Lights to come on and the car runs just fine!

Cub Cadet is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6spd MANUAL

How easy is it to remove all 4? I would love to have them off of there. I was planning on getting a tune after so that the codes can be tuned out.
    As for the smell, it isn't that bad. I have run Mustangs for years without them.
    I was not sure if aanyone makes something that would go from the stock manifolds, no converters, through the stock mufflers. I think that the stock exhaust would sound pretty good if it was opened up some.

GMX322V S/C is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i

^^^
    Wait4Me has such an exhaust, although it's a straight-pipe out to the bumper. You'll need to saw off the ends to band-clamp to the stock mufflers.

1-2-N-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Well i don't think one more guy cutting his cats out will matter all that much once the Chinese trade all their bikes in for 4 wheels. That's when the

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.