Body color fender trim.......on 1st Mallett V
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Body color fender trim.......on 1st Mallett V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Painted the chrome fender trim to match the body. I think it makes a world of difference! Not enough time ...
    andrewperez is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS V

Body color fender trim.......on 1st Mallett V

Painted the chrome fender trim to match the body. I think it makes a world of difference!

Not enough time tonight to dish the long story, but this is the first serialized 2nd generation Mallett V

Other than the Mallett bros, want to extend my thank you to many people (including Jesse). This thing is unreal!
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

V-Eight is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1991 Sedan Deville

Re: Body color fender trim.......on 1st Mallett V

Looks amazing, can't wait to see more!

Easy2speed is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 GTR and 2009 CTS-V

What kind of power does it make?

Stumeat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

wow....
    So nice. I also like the rims! Props man, best I have seen so far!

Thinking of blacking out the grill and tinting the windows?

cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Yes, what are your mods? Car looks great!

The car is making over 600 RWHP as it sits now. It's due for one more upgrade, mainly to correct the exhaust note. I'll post power figures/graph right after the new parts are installed.

In the meantime, here is a teaser video of the car running w/o mufflers.

6104696 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I didn't realize that Mallett was back in business. I recall hearing some alleged negative things about their alleged previous bankruptcy. Perhaps none of it was true? Anybody know the real story?

It is true that they were shut down for about nine months (give or take). I do not believe they are operating at full capacity in their current shop at this point. From what I understand, and was told, they want to relocate prior to relaunching.
    During the shut down my car was held captive due to legal injunctions, discrepancies, asset control, etc..as well as other BS. Late last month, I did pick up the car up person.
    I have to admit that the money factor and time lost due to their misfortune (or misappropriation) was REAL sh!?. I am not the only one who suffered. Regardless, after all was said and done, the Mallett guys did get back into their shop and finish my car as promised.
    Moving forward, I think Chuck and Lance Mallett know it will take a lot of time to repair their reputation and regain trust in their customers. I think (and hope) that they will take the humble approach when business resumes. Even though I arrived at their shop quite angered and frustrated with all the crap that I endured, I must admit that I left in good spirits and happily shook their hands good-bye.
    I do not wish to get tied up in a heated debate over this topic or Mallett's behavior and actions towards their other customers. Everyone who suffered has a different story and some not nearly as forgiving as I. In fact, I have become quite close to a few other individuals who have suffered through the same ordeal and personally asked Chuck Mallett to do for them what he did for me. I only wished to disclose a few details of my experience over the last year.
    My story, plainly put, is that I got put out for a long time but eventually corrected by Chuck Mallett in the end.

IBNR is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V (Silver over Black Recaros)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewperez View Post
    In the meantime, here is a teaser video of the car running w/o mufflers.
    That's...um...loud. Very.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.