Finally got the Homelink programmed
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Finally got the Homelink programmed in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Well after two months of time with wasting time at the dealer and myself at home trying to get the ...
    DiamondWhtV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Finally got the Homelink programmed

Well after two months of time with wasting time at the dealer and myself at home trying to get the overhead Homelink programmed...Cadillac Roadside Service came by and got it done. Apparently the middle button won't accept the programming code from my opener...but the two outside ones worked...so no big deal. They don't have a clue why the middle button won't program and the dealer won't replace it, but I can live with it the way it is now. Oh and the front wheel clicking was finally fixed as well. (Had to tell them about the service bulletin that was mentioned here...good job guys)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

thatcoder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Re: Finally got the Homelink programmed

Cadillac Roadside Service at your house to program a remote? How much did you tip em? Cos that was ABOVE and BEYOND their call of duty.

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoder View Post
    Cadillac Roadside Service at your house to program a remote? How much did you tip em? Cos that was ABOVE and BEYOND their call of duty.
    I alway tip for good service. Oh and the bill was paid by the dealer. So that is top service from the dealer as well. They get my 5 stars on their CSI score from me.

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

So the 10's have the wheel clicking too? I thought that was fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadonny View Post
    So the 10's have the wheel clicking too? I thought that was fixed.
    Appearently not....got around 2000 miles and it gradually got louder and louder. I also started getting a vibration in the steering wheel at around 50 mph about the same time. Dealer did the TSB and checked the balance and found one front and one rear out by .5 oz...not much but after the repairs it was fine. No noise and no vibration.

garfin is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;

I was able to program 1 of my garage doors in about 10 seconds, but the other one (different model) refused to cooperate. In the car's manual, it says to take off the cover of the opener in the garage and press a "learn" button... this did the trick for me!

Best regards,

Elie

Quote Originally Posted by garfin View Post
    I was able to program 1 of my garage doors in about 10 seconds, but the other one (different model) refused to cooperate. In the car's manual, it says to take off the cover of the opener in the garage and press a "learn" button... this did the trick for me!

Best regards,

Elie
    Well the problem...unknowningly was the center button wouldn't accept the code so pushing the learn button on the garage unit was to no avail. If I had tried either button on the side, that would have worked. Believe me...even the roadside tech couldn't understand why the center button wouldn't program. He called in the tech support while there and tried everything they suggested, but still couldn't get it to program. He finally gave up and tried the end buttons and that did it.

Guess the point is, if for some reason you can't program one button, give up and move to the next button. It just didn't cross my mind to try the others after the center button wouldn't program. I just figured there was a problem with the overhead unit. And when the dealer couldn't get it to program they called Roadside to come out to the house to get it programmed for me.

When the roadside tech was having problems as well....I wanted to call the dealer and say "See...I told you the overhead wouldn't work" Glad I didn't I would have had to eat my words.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.