Tuan_CTSV *NEW* 360 forged 21's - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Tuan_CTSV *NEW* 360 forged 21's in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Those wheels are hawt!!!!!!...
    Titaniumseeker is offline Performance Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS, 2009 CTS-V, 2012 CLS550

Re: Tuan_CTSV *NEW* 360 forged 21's

Those wheels are hawt!!!!!!

Tuan_CTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by IRONDOG View Post
    Wheels are looking good, Tuan_CTSV. Any problems with stabiltrack or traction control?
    Everything still works just like normal. Sometimes when I have passengers in the back, the back does rub on top of the tires. So I will stiffen up the suspension by putting it in sports mode. Other than that, I'm happy with it.

Thanks for all the compliments everyone.

Tony407 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None

I always thought the V looks good with 21" wheels. A very long time ago I saw a CTS with 22s and they looked surprisingly good.

Tony

wfo
    wfo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Tuner car fanatic..there all good!

Tuan...Yes, the 21's are the way to go. I've been really thinking on that one either 20 or 21's...after seeing these I am definelty am in the game for the 21's.

On another note. My D3 springs are the prince of springs, they bring theses cars down a bit lower and just right and had 3 people ,in the car in touring mode and no rub. That maybe the difference too. D3 went to great lengths to get this spring product up and running with a good number of Beta test vehicles before actually coming to market with the final product. Check them out.

Also, what bothers me is, I didn't think Eibach had a lowering spring specifically designed for the "09/10" V's yet?

IMHO, your car needs to come down just a bit to be perfect. But it's your ride and if you're good with that, it's very cool.

I'm out here in North Richland Hills where are you Tuan?

Tuan_CTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by wfo View Post
    Tuan...Yes, the 21's are the way to go. I've been really thinking on that one either 20 or 21's...after seeing these I am definelty am in the game for the 21's.

On another note. My D3 springs are the prince of springs, they bring theses cars down a bit lower and just right and had 3 people ,in the car in touring mode and no rub. That maybe the difference too. D3 went to great lengths to get this spring product up and running with a good number of Beta test vehicles before actually coming to market with the final product. Check them out.

Also, what bothers me is, I didn't think Eibach had a lowering spring specifically designed for the "09/10" V's yet?

IMHO, your car needs to come down just a bit to be perfect. But it's your ride and if you're good with that, it's very cool.

I'm out here in North Richland Hills where are you Tuan?
    Actually I could go lower in the back with the Eibach springs, but that just means more rubbing in the rear. I really hate that noise. But maybe upgrading to the D3 springs will make it a bit stiffer back there. I probably will get them and we will see how it comes out.

I'm from Oklahoma City.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Oh, and for the record, these wheels show why big lips suck.

wait, wut?

surgin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): cts v

the wheels look great. i was surprised to hear that they are heavy. since the manufacturers always show these wheels on fast cars, i had always assumed they offered some performance advantage(instead of just a cosmetic advantage). can someone enlighten me? are these beautiful and expensive rims just for looks? and while i am jacking this thread, what are the pros and cons of one piece,three piece etc.
    enjoy the great looking wheels!

wfo

Ok...And why do big lips suck thebigjimsho?

GMX322V S/C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i

Quote Originally Posted by surgin View Post
    the wheels look great. i was surprised to hear that they are heavy. since the manufacturers always show these wheels on fast cars, i had always assumed they offered some performance advantage(instead of just a cosmetic advantage). can someone enlighten me? are these beautiful and expensive rims just for looks? and while i am jacking this thread, what are the pros and cons of one piece,three piece etc.
    enjoy the great looking wheels!
    For a given material or manufacturing method, bigger means heavier. The wheels just need to be big enough to clear the brakes and mount a tire that can deliver the desired performance safely; anything bigger is, well, heavier than it needs to be. 3-piece wheels can be stronger yet lighter than 1-piece wheels when each component (wheel centers, inner and outer rims) is optimized for what it needs to do, while one-piece wheels are generally less expensive (an exception is one-piece billet wheels--wheels that are basically carved out of a single billet of solid f'in metal).

surgin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): cts v

great explanation. thanks.

Ok...And why do big lips suck thebigjimsho?
    It's a nice look...for an 80s Camaro...

wfo

Opinions we all have them.

80's Camaro's rock!

It's not until recently we're seeing more monoblok/concave and flush to the surface wheel designs showing up on rides...but, deep lip design will always be desireable.

This year's 24hr Rolex series and 12hrs at Sebring had the M3 and M6 series behemoths outfitted with deep lip designs. The Cadillac CTS-V is a marvel of American muscle. I expect to see this car being raced soon in such a series. It's already being tweaked by tuners using dep lip design and they look very sweet too.

Anyway it's dissected...Tuan's car and wheels rock!! That's a fact.

Opinions we all have them.

80's Camaro's rock!

It's not until recently we're seeing more monoblok/concave and flush to the surface wheel designs showing up on rides...but, deep lip design will always be desireable.

This year's 24hr Rolex series and 12hrs at Sebring had the M3 and M6 series behemoths outfitted with deep lip designs. The Cadillac CTS-V is a marvel of American muscle. I expect to see this car being raced soon in such a series. It's already being tweaked by tuners using dep lip design and they look very sweet too.

Anyway it's dissected...Tuan's car and wheels rock!! That's a fact.
    Yawn. I'm not talking about track wheels...

Nasty93 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

This only makes me want a 2v even more.

higher voltage, please.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.