Installed Backup Camera (pics) - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Installed Backup Camera (pics) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Nice mod. How does it perform at night? Night vision? I always wanted something cleaner looking for the tailgate similar ...
    thatcoder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Re: Installed Backup Camera (pics)

Nice mod. How does it perform at night? Night vision?

I always wanted something cleaner looking for the tailgate similar to this.

http://www.lightinthebox.com/Car-Rea...1-_p67028.html

Vlakaz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSv & 2006 STSv + 1991 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by allklr View Post
    Now that is a great mod! Before my V I had a Lexus LS460L that was lowered and I would have loved having a camera in the front. I have the same problem pulling in. I'm hoping their is an OEM solution to since I think the coupe is supposed to have the back up camera.
    I heard the coupe has one also... so now I'm just waiting until someone (like WFM) puts together a package that includes the camera and a patch for our nav screen. I have a feeling that if someone figure out how ot use our nav screen for backup camera they will have a ton or requests for it.

Tony407 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoder View Post
    Nice mod. How does it perform at night? Night vision?

I always wanted something cleaner looking for the tailgate similar to this.

http://www.lightinthebox.com/Car-Rea...1-_p67028.html
    Night vision is "okay" to the rear because of our decent reverse lights. I haven't tried the front camera at night yet. I suspect it won't be that great, but I'll post the results when I find out.

Tony

RogersV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V, Crystal Red, Auto

Quote Originally Posted by Vlakaz View Post
    so now I'm just waiting until someone (like WFM) puts together a package that includes the camera and a patch for our nav screen. I have a feeling that if someone figure out how ot use our nav screen for backup camera they will have a ton or requests for it.
    A while back wait4me touched on something that would allow us to use our nav for a rear camera, but it seemed incomplete. When asking the tread to be more specific nothing ever came back.

I'm fairly certain someone already makes an interface that would allow us to use our nav screens for the camera input. I just chose to go a different route.

Tony

CTSV4now is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Tony407 View Post
    I'm fairly certain someone already makes an interface that would allow us to use our nav screens for the camera input. I just chose to go a different route.

Tony
    That is a great idea since some 2009 Vs came without a nav screen.

Vlakaz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSv & 2006 STSv + 1991 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by RogersV View Post
    A while back wait4me touched on something that would allow us to use our nav for a rear camera, but it seemed incomplete. When asking the tread to be more specific nothing ever came back.
    Yep I remember reading that thread... I guess nothing came of it. Hopefully once W4M gets his hands on a Coupe he can figure out how to unock it and hopefully put together some idiot proof package for people like me

RogersV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V, Crystal Red, Auto

Quote Originally Posted by Vlakaz View Post
    and hopefully put together some idiot proof package for people like me
    Same here

taken is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS V

I just wanted to post to thank you for doing the research on the back up camera. Like most, I can't fathom why GM didn't put a camera into a 65+k vehicle! Anyways, I was going to buy an interface to have the back up cam image pop up on the NAV screen. However, the interface was VERY expensive and I didn't like the idea of having to raise the NAV screen every time I wanted to view the camera. In searching I came across your post and did some research. I called Mito and in talking to them realized that my local car audio place that I was going to have do the install anyway was their local authorized retailer. So, next week the car goes in for the camera. My local place actually had a camera supplier who makes a direct fit OEM style camera for the CTS. It replaces the license plate lamp for a completely integrated look. (There is still a lamp, just part of the camera mount.) I'm going to have them install a lockpick at the same time and also install some audio gear I pulled from my trade before it went in. Anyways, I just really wanted to thank you for pointing out the mirror option!

Awesome!! Glad I could help!

Tony

ClovisQ is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS-V

Taken: How'd the install end up going? Sounds like a trick option for the camera - would be interested in finding a part like that for my ride...

Worked out very well. Night vision is excellent. Screen is a decent size. Better than the factory one on my Ford pickup. The camera in the plate light as well as the onstar mirror both look completely factory. I would recommend this setup to anyone. Mito sells them direct or will direct you their local distributor in your area. Not sure where the camera comes from but you could call Long Radio in MA to find out....

BigJoeD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Thunder Gray Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

i like the setup, but man I really want mine integrated into the popup infotainment.

They could have done that to mine for a couple hundred more. I preferred the mirror though....

elevated is offline Cadillac Owners Member

How much does this cost to install?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.