no ambient lighting in footwells because...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, no ambient lighting in footwells because... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; ...the recaro seats option deletes the LEDs? can anyone else with recaros confirm this?...
    ecorpuz12 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, White Diamond, Auto, all optons, Corsa Pipes

no ambient lighting in footwells because...

...the recaro seats option deletes the LEDs? can anyone else with recaros confirm this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jwa999 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 2009 White Diamond, 996TT Silver, G35 Coupe 6mt, M45S

Re: no ambient lighting in footwells because...

There is ambient light in the footwells in my 2009 automatic with recaros when i open the door...

vade_R is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09' Diamond white cts-v 3-pedals

my car is a 2/09 build date, white, loaded 6-speed, with recaros and there is ambient lighting in both footwells, and underneath all four doors

tedcmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

The lighting in the footwells when the door is open and underneath the doors is not ambient lighting. The ambient lighting only appears in the footwells after the doors are closed. and is a very soft light. I do not have Recaro seats so I can't confirm that their presence eliminates ambient lighting in the footwells, but I am confident that the lighting described by the other posters that is present when the door are open or underneath the doors is not ambient lighting.

cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I have the recaros and have the lighting under the doors and the lighting under the dash just above my feet and the passengers feet as well.

build date 4/09

tbss08 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE!!!!

Mine has a build date of 3/09 with Recaro's and it has the ambient lighting in the footwells.

just to follow up, YES...after the doors close and the car is moving there is ambient lighting (very dim) on both footwells and the dash trim and all 4 interior open handles.....again my car has the recaros

how interesting...ok, thanks guys....i guess it's back to the dealer to have that checked out. is the LED actually attached to the seat or on the floorboard? i looked under there but didn't see anything. Apr 09 build date.

cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I too needed to clarify exacly what the ambient lighting in the Vs are.

I checked my window sticker and it has ambient lighting on the list of features. It is not an option. It is listed under the standard equipment section.

My build date is 4/09. I found this thread under the 2008+ CTS forum, complete with pictures.

I am assuming that the ambient lighting is the same for the CTS and the V.

They reference a kit and part number. Could someone clarify if the hookup is the same for the V as the CTS? If so, it is a $50 item assuming you have juice going to the connectors.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...footwells.html

GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 V Coupe, 2013 Escalade ESV, 2015 Escalade on Order

Quote Originally Posted by ecorpuz12 View Post
    how interesting...ok, thanks guys....i guess it's back to the dealer to have that checked out. is the LED actually attached to the seat or on the floorboard? i looked under there but didn't see anything. Apr 09 build date.
    The ambient lighting comes from either the knee bolster area or underneath the actual dash area. If you are looking for it, look towards the firewall of the car as if you are sticking your head above the brake pedal.

Hope this helps.

SG

6DN69 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by CTS-V-TWIN View Post
    The ambient lighting comes from either the knee bolster area or underneath the actual dash area. If you are looking for it, look towards the firewall of the car as if you are sticking your head above the brake pedal.

Hope this helps.

SG
    I have a 2010 with recaro and do not have the ambient light. It's located underneath so there will be two lights for those who have it and one light and a hole (missing light) for those who don't. I ordered the kit awhile back and went to install it today but to my surprise the two wire connector is missing so I can't even install one if I wanted to...bummer.

i looked underneath both sides of the dash and found similar holes in both sides...is this where the LEDs should stick out of? this is crazy, it's like an ambient light lottery or something....some winners, some losers.

for orientation purposes, this pic is the driver's side...the seat is towards the top and the firewall at the bottom.

also, if this is supposed to be standard equipment on 09's, i'm assuming dealer will remedy at no cost.
    Attached Images

nevermind...there are pics which clarify that the hole shown is where the LED sticks out on the thread that cbloveday linked in his post. still dumb that some of us got em and some didn't....wtf. the plug is there too, just missing the LEDs for each side.

They are not LED's, they are regular 194 style filament bulbs, I replaced all of the lights with LED's, and I believe these are standard in all 09's
    of course I mean both the dome lights, under the doors and the bright lights on the footwells when you first open the doors. Not sure what kind of bulbs
    are the ambient lights in the footwells because I can tell that these are not the same ones that light up when you first open the doors

tbss08 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE!!!!

I drove mine last night and confirmed both front and back footwells have the ambient lighting. This is with the Recaro seats. My build date is 03/09 not sure if this makes a difference or not. This could be something they deleted along the line to save a little cash. On the Corvette GM deleted the interior ambient lighting which came from above the passenger side to light the shifter and center console in mid year 08.
    It is all about saving a few cents on each car to make more of a profit.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.