no ambient lighting in footwells because... - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, no ambient lighting in footwells because... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; mines is 2/09 build, recaros, only front footwells have the ambient lights...
    vade_R is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09' Diamond white cts-v 3-pedals

Re: no ambient lighting in footwells because...

mines is 2/09 build, recaros, only front footwells have the ambient lights

cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Thanks HMMM, makes me wonder if there is a spot on the recaros where the light can even be mounted. Has anyone done this?

If not, I may tell Dealership to cancle rear order. No sense in having them pull the interior apart only to realize they cannot mount them.

Anyobody?

RapidRob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual

My build date is 02/09 - loaded except for no Recaros, and manual tranny, and I have ambient lighting in both front foot-wells.

Rob

rocketeer is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Build Date of 12/08

Recaros and 6 speed lighting in front wells only.

Playing with the dimmer control last night I found it doesn't have to be dimmed a great deal before the foot well lighting goes out

Doct is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cts-V

Build Date of 06/09

Recaros with auto no front or rear lighting. I did pull front drivers panel down and I do have the plug there so I am going to order the parts and do it myself.

tbss08 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE!!!!

I took some shots under the seat and could not really see anyplace to put the light. I'll try to clean up the photo's and get a better idea. The light I noticed in the rear was from the door handles, when glancing over the shoulder while driving it alluded to the rear lights.

Thanks tbss08

4gear70 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (MG9)

Quote Originally Posted by cbloveday View Post
    No problem, It happens. Thanks for letting us know. Anyone have rear ambient lighting on an 09 V and could post pictures? Also please advise of build date and if recaro or not. 4gear70, you got rear ambient lights on your recaros?
    I just checked and I have accent lighting in the front (driver and passenger) foot wells as well as all the door handles and under trim pieces on dash and front doors. I do not have accent lighting under the Recaro seats for the rear foot wells.
    If you'll note there should also be an accent light coming from the center of the overhead console (between the reading lights). It shines down very subtly on the shifter area.

Quote Originally Posted by 4gear70 View Post
    I just checked and I have accent lighting in the front (driver and passenger) foot wells as well as all the door handles and under trim pieces on dash and front doors. I do not have accent lighting under the Recaro seats for the rear foot wells.
    If you'll note there should also be an accent light coming from the center of the overhead console (between the reading lights). It shines down very subtly on the shifter area.

I just about sh**t myself when I went outside and started my car and did not see the light.

Then I raised my hand up to the center overhead console and saw the light shine on my hand.

I fret now that someone is gonna post that they have accent lighting in their fuse box or something.

tedcmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I personally do not believe there is any footwell ambient lighting in the rear footwells. Only one person has indicated that this existed (tbss08), and he has since recanted that observation by saying that what he thought was rear footwell ambient lighting was actually from the rear door handle ambient lights. I agree with him that his original observation was an error and there is no rear footwell ambient lighting. I too, at first, thought the light cast by the rear door handle ambient lights was footwell light, but it is not. I do not have Recaro seats, but I do have ambient lighting in the front footwells.

I also should note that there is a difference between ambient light (the amount of light outside the car) and interior ambient lighting as it is referred to on my option list.

I think it is a given with all the replys (thanks) that earlier build dates have the front ambient but not rears. The late builds may or may not even have the connectors for the front. So, I thought I would post a pic of my rear recaros and compare the CTS wiring and seat structure to the CTS-V recaros to dwrwemine if I should let the dealership tackle installation of rear ambient on my recaros. What do you all think?

Recaro in V

CTS with rear ambient

I don't think the rears are a possibility uless the module is relocated somehow

tedcmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

The CTS/CTS-V factory service manual (four books) from Helm does not show any wiring for rear ambient (or accent, as they call it) lights in the rear compartment footwells. The only wiring shown for the rear compartment is for the ambient lights on the rear door handles. Also, the ambient light in the front footwells on my car, with no Recaros, comes from under the dash panel, not from the under the front seat.

ecorpuz12 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, White Diamond, Auto, all optons, Corsa Pipes

doesn't look like rear foot wells will work with recaros. i received my front LEDs today and put the driver's side in and it works great. i'll do the passenger in a bit when my daughter is encased in the high chair eating dinner. easy install, took about 2 mins.

on a side note, my driver's side door isn't aligned properly...you can tell because the chrome trim sticks out about 1/8 higher on the driver's door where it meets the rear door. going to get it fixed at the body shop on friday...should be an easy fix, probably just have to adjust the door latch.

Well I thought about my options and I plan to ask the tech to see the rear light and see how we can mount it before he tears the car down. If all else fails, at least they can do the fronts. I requested that I pick up the fronts and I will install, but they insisted on ordering and installing for me NC, so I reluctantly agreed. It was then that I requested the rears be done as well.
    They said "no problem", we'll take care of it. I will post up on my findings

Z06ified is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Thunder Grey, Manual, Ultraview, Recaros, Wood

Well, I just got my 2010 CTS-V (11/09 build) and it does not have ambient lighting in the footwells I do love the ambient lighting on the dash though

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.