no ambient lighting in footwells because... - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, no ambient lighting in footwells because... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by cbloveday HMMM, Interesting. Do you also have the recaros? Yes, I have Recaros....
    4gear70 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (MG9)

Re: no ambient lighting in footwells because...

Quote Originally Posted by cbloveday View Post
    HMMM, Interesting.
    Do you also have the recaros?
    Yes, I have Recaros.

cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I spoke to my Cadillac dealership this am and explained the situation. They are ordering all 4 foot well ambient lights and doing the install for me. All will be done at no cost to me. Other members may want to do the same and see what the delaership will do.

Z06ified is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Thunder Grey, Manual, Ultraview, Recaros, Wood

That's pretty cheezy if they discontinued the ambient lighting, especially since they still advertise it as a feature. Does anyone have a 2010 model that has the ambient lighting? I was looking forward to this feature. I don't have my car yet to check - will in a few days!

GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 V Coupe, 2013 Escalade ESV, 2015 Escalade on Order

Looks like my 2010 CTS-V being built either the week of 12/7 or 12/14 (not sure yet, but will be built for sure one of the weeks coming up) won't have the ambient lighting.

Looks like I will be accessing this thread for the part numbers and giving them to the delivering dealership so they can order it when I pick the car up. I will have to check to see if the factory installed them or not though before I go to them with this info.

SG

GMX322V S/C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i

I spoke to my Cadillac dealership this am and explained the situation. They are ordering all 4 foot well ambient lights and doing the install for me. All will be done at no cost to me. Other members may want to do the same and see what the delaership will do.
    Hey, that's great--glad to hear your dealer is stepping up. You've looked at the installation instructions for the CTS non-V--any idea how the rears will be mounted on the Recaros?

No, I took a look under there and could not determine mounting without the
    light module in my hand. I would appreciate if someone has a photo of the light module mounted on the recaro's, they'd post it so I can get a better feel for how it should be mounted. This is all I've seen on the cts

Calling tbss08...

Quote Originally Posted by tbss08 View Post
    03/09 build date with accent lighting on window sticker. Recaro's with ambient lighting in both the front and back.

No, I took a look under there and could not determine mounting without the
    light module in my hand. I would appreciate if someone has a photo of the light module mounted on the recaro's, they'd post it so I can get a better feel for how it should be mounted. This is all I've seen on the cts...
    After reading the instructions and looking at my seat frames again, I can see there is a rectangular hole right below where you see the light in the picture mounted; the light assembly snaps into this hole. There are two holes in each rail under each seat; the lights are mounted to the "inner" holes, closest to the center console.

ecorpuz12 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, White Diamond, Auto, all optons, Corsa Pipes

after looking at the installation manual for the rear lights, i'm not so sure i want my service guys tearing apart the inside to install those. after having them fix a couple of things in my old SRX, some of the paneling no longer fit properly. i'll probably just see if i can get the front ones done since they are an easy fix. please let us know what the aftermath of the rear install is CBLOVE. i'm thinking your service guys are probably more careful than the guys at my small town NC dealer.

tbss08 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GMX322V S/C View Post
    Calling tbss08...
    Hello,
    What do we want a picture of?? Just got home and saw this thread. How can I assist with pictures?
    Leo

I'm with you.

I plan to meet the tech who is performing the work and then say something to the effect, "I know you guys are very careful regardless, but, please be very careful with the cars trim as I noticed it scratches extremely easy".
    I will then give him $50 dollars (I mean it is being done NC and the holidays are here) and thank him in advance for taking extra care with my baby.

When I had the dealership do the teardown and then install of my LPE SC upgrade, I asked where my car would be parked while the parts are in transit and they agreed to park it all alone in the Used Car show room away from
    all the other cars. People cannot enter without a representative, so I did not have to worry about people trying to open the door handle and get in etc.

At this point they know how I am, as this is the 4th car I have bought from them and they know I am discriminating and very careful with my vehicles.

I just had the oil changed at $3,000 miles under Cadillac maint program purchased (Smart Care).

That being said, I will still worry the whole time the car is not in my care.

Quote Originally Posted by tbss08 View Post
    Hello,
    What do we want a picture of?? Just got home and saw this thread. How can I assist with pictures?
    Leo
    Leo, we are looking for a pic of the rear ambient light mounting on the recaro's

Thanks in advance

Okay,
    Let me see if I can get a shot of the lights.

Okay,
    I went out and took a few shots under the seat then just for curiosity sake I turned on the lights too see the glow. There was no glow in the back like I saw the other morning. I must have been seeing things when I looked in the back seat the other morning. Sorry about that I only have the ambient lighting in the front and not the back.

No problem, It happens. Thanks for letting us know. Anyone have rear ambient lighting on an 09 V and could post pictures? Also please advise of build date and if recaro or not. 4gear70, you got rear ambient lights on your recaros?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.