Nav System Data Update
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Nav System Data Update in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Has any Florida owner with a 2009 CTS-V updated the nav system database? If so do you notice any improvements ...
    JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)

Nav System Data Update

Has any Florida owner with a 2009 CTS-V updated the nav system database? If so do you notice any improvements in the I-4 voice prompts around Orlando? There was a new DVD available for $199.99 (part# 15226455), but it now appears that we may get a postcard from GM on our one year anniversary entitling us to a free update. See: https://www.gmnavdisc.com/.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GMX322V S/C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i

Re: Nav System Data Update

I received a notification email from the gmnavdisc website about a month ago but I couldn't find any revision or what's new information there. If we're supposed to get a freebie on our anniversary, guess I'll wait a month...

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)

I thought that GM made a mistake when the notice said that only 2007 cars were included. It seemed strange and counterintuitive for a company that is in the business of selling cars to offer this only for the 2007 model year, but when I called to clarify, I was told that just 2007 model year cars are inculded at this time. So unless this offer is expanded, no second generation CTS-V's will get the free update.

ericpd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V Black Raven M6-speed

I was told back in April that they would automatically send new discs out annually straight to your mailbox,... or they could be picked up free of charge at the dealer. Based on the way I understood it, it all depended on your purchase date. Am I missing something?

MReiland is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 13 Volt, 2008 Outlook XR (05 CTS Blk/Blk Traded-in)

I know at one point there was a deal for 2 free Nav updates, then I thought they dropped the program. I will ask the question around.

tedcmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I never heard of any free Navigation system updates for my 2009 CTS-V either from the dealer or from GM. I have received nothing in the mail or otherwise on this matter. I think that free updates for 2009 or later CTS-V Nav maps is just wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by tedcmiller View Post
    I never heard of any free Navigation system updates for my 2009 CTS-V either from the dealer or from GM. I have received nothing in the mail or otherwise on this matter. I think that free updates for 2009 or later CTS-V Nav maps is just wishful thinking.
    Wow,... you guys are starting to scare me. My dealership absolutely did mentioned automatic updates for the CTS-V's. Part of his pitch on how flexible DVD based nav units are. Think I'll call for some clarification,... or maybe even stop by on the way home from work.

I'll post what I find out.

GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 V Coupe, 2013 Escalade ESV, 2015 Escalade on Order

How does the CTS-V get updates if there is no NAV CD?

The CTS-V's NAV system is hard drive based.

SG

Quote Originally Posted by CTS-V-TWIN View Post

SG
    You know what,... I think you're right! So what is it exactly they're saying they will be sending after the 1st day of ownership? Man,... I gotta find out what's really up here!

mpouls1 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '09 V 11.99@118mph, '11 Tahoe LTZ, '03 Silverado, '00 Jetta

Quote Originally Posted by ericpd View Post
    You know what,... I think you're right! So what is it exactly they're saying they will be sending after the 1st day of ownership? Man,... I gotta find out what's really up here!
    I'm going to have to go see the salesman and tell him shame on him (me too for believing him). He said it automatically updates through these little orbiting machines in geosynchronous orbit called satellites. I'm not making this up although it was his 2nd day. I made him look so good he got promoted (maybe demototed?) to the other side selling Porsches. I'm curious to know the answer.

mik2718 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V, Red

Quote Originally Posted by CTS-V-TWIN View Post

SG
    The configuration menu allows loading new data (nav updates and/or GraceNotes updates) after inserting an update DVD. The information is overwritten on the HDD.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Quote Originally Posted by tedcmiller View Post
    I have also never heard about this program from any dealer or in the mail. I assume that I'll have to pay $199 for a new disc when it is finally released. If there is a program for a free navi update, sign me up!

nynd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 M5. SOLD:11 BD CTS-V, 6M, Loaded - SOLD:09 CTS-V (Auto)

I sent an email to them and got the response that it was only applicable for 2007 and stopped after that. So - it does not apply to us.

tedcmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Dealers will tell you anything to keep you happy. Most car salesmen are masters at determining what the customer wants to hear and then telling him that. I say this even though I am very happy with my dealer, and I think they are one of the best. However, if you suspect that something the dealer has told you is not true, then it probably isn't. Also, most salesmen are very ignorant when it comes to operation of the car optiions - especially if there are many, as is the case with Cadillacs.

surgin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): cts v

Quote Originally Posted by mpouls1 View Post
    I'm going to have to go see the salesman and tell him shame on him (me too for believing him). He said it automatically updates through these little orbiting machines in geosynchronous orbit called satellites.
    thats what my salesperson told me also

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.