Nav System Data Update - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Nav System Data Update in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; i've owned several GM vehicles, and I've never got a free update EVER....
    thatcoder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Re: Nav System Data Update

i've owned several GM vehicles, and I've never got a free update EVER.

tedcmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I got one free update. But, it was for the Navigation system OS, not the maps. Like thatcoder, I have never received a free update from GM for anything for which that they thought they could charge the customer.

backup is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV, silver, manual

I received a postcard and later the free nav update DVD for my 2007 Avalanche. It updated not only the nav data, but the OS/firmware on the nav system itself. In fact it updated some of the radio functions as well. GM promoted that benefit (the free update) as a reason to buy the nav system and GM vehicle as other brands charges $199+ for the update. Guess they stopped that program!

I overheard a conversation in an elevator once that said you can occasionally find the nav update DVDs on P2P networks....

mpouls1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '09 V 11.99@118mph, '11 Tahoe LTZ, '03 Silverado, '00 Jetta

Quote Originally Posted by backup View Post
    I overheard a conversation in an elevator once that said you can occasionally find the nav update DVDs on P2P networks....
    Yep. If you aren't familiar with them be careful. Tons of viruses. Douches are always putting viruses in that stuff.

backup, I would be willing to bet that your "free" update did not update the navigation system maps.

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)

I originally started this thread to determine if the DVD database update was worth the money, not as a discussion of whether or not we get free updates. Has anyone updated their database and noticed improvements from the prior database?

mik2718 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V, Red

The "update" currently being offered by the GM Nav Disc Center, for $199, is the same nav database already loaded in 2009 CTS-Vs.

Quote Originally Posted by mik2718 View Post
    The "update" currently being offered by the GM Nav Disc Center, for $199, is the same nav database already loaded in 2009 CTS-Vs.
    To your knowledge do all 2009 CTS-V's come with the same database DVD? Mine was built in 12/08.

MReiland is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 13 Volt, 2008 Outlook XR (05 CTS Blk/Blk Traded-in)

Quote Originally Posted by tedcmiller View Post
    backup, I would be willing to bet that your "free" update did not update the navigation system maps.
    tedcmiller, there was actually a program for 2 free Nav database updates back in 2007, you were supposed to get an update at no charge. This program was cancelled after 2007 to the best of my knowledge. I can remember looking at the Nav Update for my '05 CTS and at the time they wanted something like $600, people were getting creative and found it was the same disc as some Infinity vehicles for less money for that particular nav unit.

Now back on to the discussion of whether this update is better or has much in the way of new POI's or roads....

mik2718 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V, Red

Quote Originally Posted by JFJr View Post
    To your knowledge do all 2009 CTS-V's come with the same database DVD? Mine was built in 12/08.
    AFAIK, Yes. Mine was built in 10/08 and has that same database.

Quote Originally Posted by mik2718 View Post
    AFAIK, Yes. Mine was built in 10/08 and has that same database.
    Thanks, I guess that I'll wait until the next version.

MReiland,
    As I indicated, I did receive notification and sent it in to receive one free update for the Navigation system. I don't remember exactly when this update was provided (it might have been early 2007), but it only updated the underlying OS software - not the maps themselves.

OldRoadDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by JFJr View Post
    I originally started this thread to determine if the DVD database update was worth the money, not as a discussion of whether or not we get free updates. Has anyone updated their database and noticed improvements from the prior database?
    I revived this thread from a few months ago because I was wondering if any of you that have had their V2 for a year or so have done an update to the Nav... or if there even is an update available.

I got thinking about this today while driving down a section of Interstate 99 highway that was completed 2 years ago, but my Nav shows me out in 'No man's land'.

If there is an update for the 2009 CTS-V nav system, I have not been informed of it. I have had my car for about 15 months. It is a 2009 received in Jan. of 2009.

RemoWilliams is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

OldRoadDawg - No wonder the nav is not working well for you. Looks like your out on the lake sailing from your pic. Nav for roads no wata.

..... sorry its late and I am working on Database junk.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.