How do you format/erase the radio hard disk drive?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, How do you format/erase the radio hard disk drive? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; A nice feature of the hard disk drive logic is that if you plug a thumb drive in and record ...
    rdonato is offline Cadillac Owners Member

How do you format/erase the radio hard disk drive?

A nice feature of the hard disk drive logic is that if you plug a thumb drive in and record all tracks it will duplicate and triplicate all the tracks onto the hard drive even though they already exist! I now have 1600+ tracks when I should only have a quarter of that.

I've tried to delete by album, artist, and genre but it will only delete the current track. I can't sit there and delete 1200 songs indiviually

Anyone have any ideas other than taking it to the dealer?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Prof is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: How do you format/erase the radio hard disk drive?

If the dealer has a solution let us know!

Caroutisine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS V8

I had a sililar situation putting CD's on the hard drive. I couldn't get it to record individual songs off the CD. Only the entire CD, then I had to remove the other songs one at a time. I didn't get it either?

tedcmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Try this. Play your CD and select the song you want to hear. While it is playing record only that song. This should take somewhat less time than is needed to listen to the whole song. Then go to next song on the CD that youwant to record. Again record only that song. In this way, you only put the songs you want on the hardfile. If you record something you don't want, erasing one or two mistakes is a lot easier than erasing all the songs you don't want.

lavaman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V, White, Auto, all options (Traded for a Tahoe)

Quote Originally Posted by rdonato View Post
    A nice feature of the hard disk drive logic is that if you plug a thumb drive in and record all tracks it will duplicate and triplicate all the tracks onto the hard drive even though they already exist! I now have 1600+ tracks when I should only have a quarter of that.

I've tried to delete by album, artist, and genre but it will only delete the current track. I can't sit there and delete 1200 songs indiviually

Anyone have any ideas other than taking it to the dealer?

Thanks
    It is not necessary to delete each song individually. While I did not find a way to wipe clean the entire song list, it is possible to delete entire genre's or albums.

For instance... from the main menu select (using either the touch screen or center knob) "Albums" or "Genre". The system will generate a list for you. At this point using the... CENTER KNOB ONLY ... rotate until the desired item (Genre or album) is highlighted in LIGHT BLUE (there are 2 shades of blue used to identify cursor positioning). It is important not to select the highlighted item by depressing the button in the center knob or by touching the screen. Simply press the DEL button once highlighted and you'll be given a Y/N option to delete the entire group of songs.

Deleting by genre is the quickest way to wipe clean the HDD.
    kklein50 and kklein50 like this.

Zungodra is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS

Thanks! This is exactly the info i needed:

chopmeat is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

How do you delete individual songs?
    I just recorded CD's but I am stuck with stuff I don't want!

nynd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 M5. SOLD:11 BD CTS-V, 6M, Loaded - SOLD:09 CTS-V (Auto)

When the song is playing - hit the DEL button and confirm deletion on the screen.

wait4me is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma

The dealer can delete the whole music library in one click with the tech 2. It is the radio module under a menu.

sharpermd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V

On my stereo, if I press HDD, then Config, I have an option (last button on the right of the popup screen) that offers "CLR HDD."

When I push that it asks for confirmation that I want to clear the hard drive.

Hope this helps!
    kklein50 and kklein50 like this.

dvandentop is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 09 Silver V 06 Silver Z06

wonder if the HDD can be upgraded due to i read only 10gb for musuc being able to be used outta the 40gb if nav is optioned on the car.

vseries is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2013 ATS Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by sharpermd View Post
    On my stereo, if I press HDD, then Config, I have an option (last button on the right of the popup screen) that offers "CLR HDD."

When I push that it asks for confirmation that I want to clear the hard drive.

Hope this helps!
    I dont have this ?? As someone mentioned the only way I have been able to clear songs the fastest is by deleting complete genre's.

Anyone else have this clear HDD option?

tedcmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I tried what shapermd said to do (press HDD followed by Config) and it did not work. I never saw anything saying "CLR HDD." Repeated depressions of the Config button produced various choices, but none of them were "CLR HDD." You'll notice that he referred to his "stereo" (what is that?), so maybe he saw this on another piece of equipment.

sharpermd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V

Ok, now we call it something different than stereo? Radio? "Infotainment center?"
    Come on guys. I'm sorry if it doesn't work for your cars, I was just trying to help with how it works on mine.

Anyway, here are some pics...
    Attached Images

vseries is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2013 ATS Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by sharpermd View Post
    Ok, now we call it something different than stereo? Radio? "Infotainment center?"
    Come on guys. I'm sorry if it doesn't work for your cars, I was just trying to help with how it works on mine.

Anyway, here are some pics...
    Thank you for the pics, I see the problem is I have Nav and the menu's appear to be slightly different.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.