How do you format/erase the radio hard disk drive? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, How do you format/erase the radio hard disk drive? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Yep, that is the problem. Strange that the systems are so completely different, and sorry for the confusion. They (the ...
    sharpermd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V

Re: How do you format/erase the radio hard disk drive?

Yep, that is the problem. Strange that the systems are so completely different, and sorry for the confusion. They (the brains at GM) probably eliminated that option so "confused" customers couldn't erase the navigation part of the hard drive!)

Come on. Give the customer some credit! (although I am still wondering what tedcmiller meant by 'you'll notice he referred to "his stereo." What is that!'

Hey Ted, bud, I am confused. What do YOU call that "thing" in the middle of your console that controls the harddrive, the volume, the FM station, etc?

tedcmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I have the Navigation system also. sharpermd did not mention that he did not have the Navigation system. As far as "stereo" is concerned, with the introduction of 5.1 surround sound, Dolby, Satellite radio, etc. stereo is almost an antequated term. Maybe the AM/FM system without anything else, will only do stereophonic sound.

Regarding another poster's question regarding the allocation of HDD space, it should be noted that if you have the navigation system, 30 GB of the total of 40 GB is devoted to the navigation system, leaving only 10 GB for music, etc. As far as I know, there is nothing that can be done to change that unless someone figures out a way to put a larger hard drive in place of the one that comes in the car.

My cell phone rang while I was in the process of composing my last entry into this thread, so I didn't see sharpermd's question until after I posted. In answer to your question, sharpermd, I call that "thing" in the middle of my console the system since it goes far beyond just being a stereo radio.

sharpermd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V

Point taken...I guess.

Ok, while I think referring to "the system" as such is a bit much, I'll agree. It is a lot more powerful than a "stereo radio!"

Sorry I didn't mention I don't have nav (actually, really wish I did have it. I was a bit mislead when I purchased the car sight unseen. Was told it had navigation, but didn't realize this referred to the Onstar. My fault. But after taking my first drive, I didn't miss the navigation "system" that much.)

Up until the last few posts, nobody specified they had the nav system.

V-Eight is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1991 Sedan Deville

I thought all V's came with the nav? Guess that was just first gens.

mik2718 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V, Red

Elsewhere on the forum it's been reported that 90% of 2009 Vs included the nav option. Nav became standard for 2010 Vs.

I think that the Navigation system has always been an option on all CTS-Vs, including the 2004-2007 Vs.

While on the subject of Navigation, it should be pointed out that the CTS-V Navigation system does a lot of things that the cheap Garmin units (Is there such a thing as a $100 Garmin? See the thread "CTSV Audio system, is it any good?" post #8) don't do. Not the least of which is the fact that is built-in and very difficult steal. In addition to five Cadillacs, all with built-in Navigation systems, I have had four carry-around-with-you Garmin units, so I am fairly familiar with the capabilities of both types.

V-Eight is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1991 Sedan Deville

I'm pretty sure the only option on the first gens was the sunroof. Actually there might have been something else, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't the nav. Maybe we should ask in the first gen area.

wtjack17 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Thunder Gray

[QUOTE=sharpermd;2210049]Ok, now we call it something different than stereo? Radio? "Infotainment center?"
    Come on guys. I'm sorry if it doesn't work for your cars, I was just trying to help with how it works on mine.

No, your write-up helped. I to have the Nav system, after reading your post I re-tried mine, but this time after going to the HDD menu, I turned the select knob to what I wanted to delete, works best if turn the knob up and down first before going to what I wanted to delete, in my case Artists. I then selected an artist and hit delete, it then asked do you want to delete all songs from this artist. I found out that the name of the artist must be the same, or it will see it as another artist, and you will need to delete it.

This made it a lot easier to cleanup the HDD.

Thanks for the help.

Wtjack17

V locity is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan A6, 730 RWHP Stock airbox & stock exst

So, on the 2011's, the "technicolor" screen only allows me to record the entire CD or Thumb Drive. When the record button is depressed, it only gives one option. So, I spend allot of time "figuring" if I want to individually delete songs from the library. Other than the fact this has become a driving distraction during rush hour, I find the new tasking to be quite a fuel saver

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

I cleared mine that way when I got my car since it was used. It had some older way points on it.

jgrobert is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS4 3.6 DI

Thanks for the tip gentlemen, I just deleted all the gangster rap from the previous owner on the HDD in my 09 CTS4.

Tri-SS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2010 CTS 3.6DI FE3, 2011 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by V-Eight
    I'm pretty sure the only option on the first gens was the sunroof. Actually there might have been something else, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't the nav. Maybe we should ask in the first gen area.
    ......block heater and dealer installed FG2 shocks.

anxiouz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V sedan A6, Airaid, Borla

Quote Originally Posted by jgrobert View Post
    Thanks for the tip gentlemen, I just deleted all the gangster rap from the previous owner on the HDD in my 09 CTS4.
    Mine came loaded with tons of Russian pop music. Very little of the titles were in english so the only thing I was able to figure out to bulk-delete was to do so by Genre.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.