No-lift shift rocks!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, No-lift shift rocks! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I finally had the guts to override my instincts and not lift my foot off the accelerator when shifting from ...
    pmsteinm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (Blue Diamond Manual/Recaros/Nav/Suede/Polished)

No-lift shift rocks!

I finally had the guts to override my instincts and not lift my foot off the accelerator when shifting from 1st to 2nd. The no lift shift is pretty awesome. You get a bit of jolt (not unlike the M5's SMG shifts) and some tire spin. Much faster since the boost doesn't slack off as much. It actually is smoother too, but that could just be I'm not all that great at shifting.

Sounds pretty cool too...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

Re: No-lift shift rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by pmsteinm View Post
    I finally had the guts to override my instincts and not lift my foot off the accelerator when shifting from 1st to 2nd. The no lift shift is pretty awesome. You get a bit of jolt (not unlike the M5's SMG shifts) and some tire spin. Much faster since the boost doesn't slack off as much. It actually is smoother too, but that could just be I'm not all that great at shifting.

Sounds pretty cool too...
    Good to hear. I haven't yet had the balls to try that yet, but I will soon, as you are the 2nd person to speak highly of it.

SoJersey05V is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

seems like it would be pretty cool. when i shift in my v1 during spirited driving i hardly lift...

gravedigger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

I have no lift shifted a couple cars but in the V2 it seems smoother since the rpms do not keep rising as you engage the clutch.. Nice feature

V-Eight is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1991 Sedan Deville

This probably makes driving a manual easier eh?

Caroutisine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS V8

But just mashing the gas pedal with the auto is even easier. No offense to M6 owners. Sounds like fun

zevee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts v09

no lift at first counterintuitive, but works great, no chance to get the same rush from auto.

commander112 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan White/Recaro/Manual/Polished

Quote Originally Posted by zevee View Post
    no lift at first counterintuitive, but works great, no chance to get the same rush from auto.
    Agreed. Takes some getting used to but a no lift into second is as close to what hitting the afterburners must feel like.

jwa999 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 2009 White Diamond, 996TT Silver, G35 Coupe 6mt, M45S

I'm still waiting for Jesse to adjust the auto's manual shifting, so that it shifts up at the red line and does not hit the rev limiter. That will give better control in an auto, in that, if you let go of the gas, or are just not accelerating hard enough, the car won't upshift by it self.

For instance, if you want to take off from a stop, you have to feather the throttle in 1st and 2nd. But in auto mode, if you don't have enough throttle it will go to 2nd too early. But manual shifting in the auto at redline from 1st to 2nd is very hard, it comes really fast, quicker than the 6mt.
    With auto manual shift, you will stay in 1st till the maximum optimal point. In any gear for that matter. You can also quickly downshift without ending up in a situation where you're going to hit the rev limiter immediately. It will give the auto the upper hand in all situations!

And it will be a thrill going WOT 1st through 5th gear and actually see what gear you're in!

Hans.

NormV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Kooks,MOMO seats,C5 hubs,3489#

Just think when MT guys get rid of the dual mass clutch!

Norm

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.