Ran the Autocross at Car Craft Summer Nationals
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Ran the Autocross at Car Craft Summer Nationals in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Yesterday, we were at Car Craft Summer Nationals (we show a 600HP Chevy Powered 928 with a 6-71 Blower setup) ...
    Malibu310 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Ran the Autocross at Car Craft Summer Nationals

Yesterday, we were at Car Craft Summer Nationals (we show a 600HP Chevy Powered 928 with a 6-71 Blower setup) and used the CTS-V to get there and back. So we thought, why not show these street rods and muscle cars what the V can do at the Autocross event. Most of the runs with a variety of vehicles were in the mid 12's to the upper 13's, with only a few in the 11 second range and those were Corvettes and Vipers set up for road racing. My son and I have very little track experience. We both took the Aston Martin performance course, and he (Adam) learned Autocross in his brother-in-laws BMW. Both of us never drove the CTS-V hard, and we have an auto-slop transmission. With the car setup only on Sport Suspension mode Adam ran 12.1 second times. He just left the car in drive.
    Spectators were commenting on how impressive it was that a Caddy ran that quick. The odd thing is that all the other cars seemed faster because they made noise. The silence of the V made it almost a non-event. Had we some practice, I know we could have gotten much closer to the low 11's the pro's were getting.

Rick H

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Re: Ran the Autocross at Car Craft Summer Nationals

autocross or drag strip???

Prof is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I am looking for a local autocross...I have a feeling that the CTS V will be a real standout.

I think the best setup would be to have the transmission in sport mode. Moved to the right, but not selecting gears with the lever or the paddles...

Nice post...interesting how versatile our Caddy's are!

Tony407 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None

I believe the original poster was talking about a 1/4 mile strip, not autocross.

And speaking of autocross, I had a chance to run my V at the Portland International Raceway autocross a couple of weekends ago. I have to say that the stars of the show were a heavily modified turbo Miata (a friend of mine) and an older heavily modified M3. But the V stood out very well as the ONLY sedan ran on the course both Saturday and Sunday. I left the auto transmission in second gear only and she performed VERY well. After quite a bit of practice, I was able to get a within a few seconds of the Miata - which was much better than many of the cars running that day. I suspect that after I added the Wait4Me tune the other day, I would have been able to shave another second or two off my time. This was also my first year doing autocross so next year I expect to do better.

Tony

Prof is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Tony407 View Post
    I believe the original poster was talking about a 1/4 mile strip, not autocross.

And speaking of autocross, I had a chance to run my V at the Portland International Raceway autocross a couple of weekends ago. I have to say that the stars of the show were a heavily modified turbo Miata (a friend of mine) and an older heavily modified M3. But the V stood out very well as the ONLY sedan ran on the course both Saturday and Sunday. I left the auto transmission in second gear only and she performed VERY well. After quite a bit of practice, I was able to get a within a few seconds of the Miata - which was much better than many of the cars running that day. I suspect that after I added the Wait4Me tune the other day, I would have been able to shave another second or two off my time. This was also my first year doing autocross so next year I expect to do better.

Tony
    Second gear only...interesting...and probably really fun!

If the First poster was hitting 12.1 in "D" they have a very, very quick CTS V! Low 11's is very rare air for any street vehicle...I have a 685 hp Ram SRT 10 that will not get into the low 11's.

Malibu310 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

It was an Autocross, not a drag strip...

Last year they had a braking contest 60 to 0, but a 16 year old girl (can you believe they let her drive) in her fathers old souped-up Mustang lost control and went head on into a tree, so this year just the AutoCross and burn-out contests.

Rick H

Tony407 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by Malibu310 View Post
    It was an Autocross, not a drag strip...

Last year they had a braking contest 60 to 0, but a 16 year old girl (can you believe they let her drive) in her fathers old souped-up Mustang lost control and went head on into a tree, so this year just the AutoCross and burn-out contests.

Rick H
    Oh. Okay. I think we got a little confused when you were talking about 12 and 13 second runs. That's a pretty short autocross course!!

Tony

AZstar is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, '09 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Tony407 View Post
    Oh. Okay. I think we got a little confused when you were talking about 12 and 13 second runs. That's a pretty short autocross course!!

Tony
    He must mean 1 minute and 12 seconds. Otherwise that course would only be about a tenth of a mile long.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Start, turn left, turn right, brake, turn right, stop. tada!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.