Newbie Checking In
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Newbie Checking In in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Greetings Y'all, My wife Kat just got a 2009 CTS-V for her birthday, so I'm going to hang out here ...
    McRat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Newbie Checking In

Greetings Y'all,

My wife Kat just got a 2009 CTS-V for her birthday, so I'm going to hang out here to learn about it.

I'm not new to enthusiast internet forums, nor GM performance. I am a member of a large variety of car/truck sites, and we run our site for Duramax diesel pickups, oddly enough called DuramaxDiesels.

I've been racing and hotrodding as a hobby since I was 16, just now I'm older but just as foolish.

The CTS-V is our third LSx powered performance vehicle. First came our 2000 Camaro SS, which I foolishly sold. It was a great "bang-for-the-buck" musclecar, and I used to AutoX it and dragrace it. It's best time was 12.52@111 in nearly stock trim at Famoso Raceway. Next was our 2002 Z06 Corvette which we still have. It has AutoX'd and dragraced, with a best ET of 11.36? with wifey at the wheel. We still have it and love it.

Now the CTS-V. We bought it because it is an excellent value for the money and seats 4. Since we have two small kids (Tom and Allison, 8 & 10) the Z06 doesn't get much action except racing. So the CTS-V was intended to be a "Kidmobile Z06", and so far lives up to the goal.

We also have a bizarre addiction to Duramaxes. We have 4 of them:

2004.5 GMC 3500 SRW 4x4, 13.10 @ 103, tow and sled puller. 502rwhp.
    2005 GMC 2500HD 4x4, 10.59@129, sled puller, drag racer, and Land Speed Record Holder with a top clocking of 174.586 mph at Bonneville. HP is classified.
    2006 GMC 2500HD 4x4, 12.50 @ 107. Sled Puller, and Kidmobile. 542 rwhp.
    2007 Kodiak 5500 Motorhome. 330HP and Kat won't let me dragrace it.

Kat says she wants to leave the CTS-V stock, but I'm getting prepared for when she changes her mind. It's a woman's perogative.

We use EFILive tuning on all our stuff, except the motorhome. Uh, and the CTS-V since it is only a couple days old.

Pat

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

KatMcRat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2002 Z06

Re: Newbie Checking In

Quote Originally Posted by McRat View Post
    Kat says she wants to leave the CTS-V stock, but I'm getting prepared for when she changes her mind. It's a woman's prerogative.

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

^ lol welcome guys.....so the question is what was more expensive ? the Duramax or s.o. mod ?

kencav is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver/Ebony Auto

I believe one of you McRats gave me Va drag strip advice, so I will thank both- don't want to get the wrong McRat

rp161 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts-v

Welcome McRats

ripmf666 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Just a fast GM diesel

Kat you will be racing the car soon lol

KatMcRat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2002 Z06

Quote Originally Posted by ripmf666 View Post
    Kat you will be racing the car soon lol
    After we get back from Bonneville

Hawkeye2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Ordered CTS V - ordered 03/13 delivered 06/24!

Welcome to the V family!

Gary Wells is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

Pat:
    Welcome to the world of CTS-V's. I haven't seen you or Kat for a few years, maybe about 4 or 5 of them since they were running the Friday Alternative Motoring drags at Fontana. I think that you guys beat me to getting a '09 CTS-V by a few weeks. Good luck at Bonneville.

Prof is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

My wife was told not to bring the V to work anymore...too much production time lost, everyone was in the parking lot scoping it out!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.