Cadillac Owners Forum banner

It's Going to be a Lonng 464 Miles...

4K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  thebigjimsho 
#1 ·
Hey folks -

The sales manager at Lindsay Cadillac in Alexandria called me up at work today and said, "Hey... your car fell off the truck..." I knew he was jerking me around, so I finished his sentence, "and it landed on its 4 tires right in front of your shop, right?"

I won't bore you with the details, but, suffice it to say the sales manager and the GM at Lindsay worked with me to make the right deal. They gave me enough for my Z06 (first time I've been Vette-less in.. ages) and accepted my GSU cert. After getting all the paperwork straightened out, visiting Luke in the parts dept. to sign up for the "V Day" at Summit Point, I headed on home.

Details:

Thunder Gray
Black interior
Recaros w/Suede surfaces
6-speed Manual
Navigation System

And that's it.

The drive home was torturous, as I really wanted to hammer it. But, too much traffic, and, I'm only at 36 miles so far. I've got some miles to put on it before June 29th arrives.

I'll get some snaps of it posted soon. But, you've seen Gray Vs already, so there's not much new to see here. :)

jas

See less See more
#9 ·
Congratulations! :)

I'm at just over 850 miles now, took me one week to get to 500 miles. Unfortunately, we have a winter storm going on right now and I can't play...so play for those of us in snow territory when you can!

#13 ·
Congrats jvp. As of Friday mine was supposed to be here tomorrow. I bet they were on the same truck :)

So tell me more about "V-Day" at Summit Point and this list of track mods. I just finished ordering some new track pads for my Z so I don't know that I'm ready to start buying parts for the V...

#19 ·
Is that something specific to the V2, due to it's sizeable mass, or is that just a general precaution that the V1s could benefit from, as well?
Really, it's something any car with rotors near the factory tie-rod ends can benefit. It never hurts to be too careful. Getting tie-rod ends replaced because of heat exposure from track use probably wouldn't be covered under warranty. Thus it's wise to protect them...

jas

#20 ·
How easy is that to do? I have ten thumbs when it comes to cars.

I ask because I'm thinking about making the trip to Summit Point for V Days this year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.