Front License Plate - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Front License Plate in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; No problem with mine - I don't use it in the winter! My driveway has a slope, and I rub ...
    Hawkeye2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Ordered CTS V - ordered 03/13 delivered 06/24!

Re: Front License Plate

No problem with mine - I don't use it in the winter! My driveway has a slope, and I rub the chin spoiler on the Z06 and the V when I
    go up and down the drive, but the plate does not hit at all.

aballeh is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I mounted the motorized hideaway plate, it lasted one week. The first ground strike broke it and now it doesn't work at all.This is a very cheap kit. The first two i bought arrived broken. I just saw the suction cup idea glued to the back of the plate or bracket and am going that route.

dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Rather than deal with the fix-it tickets I think i'm gonna buy the motorized hideaway plate similar to hawkeye. How difficult is the install? I'm assuming a jack up is required?
    Also what's the best place to buy it. Looks like it's being sold in various places but there's no single mfr.

Rule12b is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Sedan

D3 makes a mount that goes into the tow hook slot. I actually like the way the plate looks on the car as crazy as it sounds. And, its a quick swap out when I need a tow hoook for the track.

Quote Originally Posted by Rule12b View Post
    D3 makes a mount that goes into the tow hook slot. I actually like the way the plate looks on the car as crazy as it sounds. And, its a quick swap out when I need a tow hoook for the track.
    I pondered that solution. Do you have a shot of it from the side? My brother has a similar setup on his m3 and it looks kind of odd since the steel arm sticks out a bit.

Va72mlibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by KatMcRat
    I will put the plate and bracket in my trunk and tell the nice officer I have it in there and was going to see if the dealer could install it for me when I brought it for an oil change next week.
    I am absolutely going to do this.

Rule12b is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by dennych View Post
    I pondered that solution. Do you have a shot of it from the side? My brother has a similar setup on his m3 and it looks kind of odd since the steel arm sticks out a bit.
    I'll look around. I know I don't have one from the side but maybe the front. It doesn't stick out very far at all maybe an inch, but I like that it appears to "float" away from the bumper and it doesn't block any grills or intakes. And it is rock solid.

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Va72mlibu
    I am absolutely going to do this.
    It's what I've done in MA for the last 8 1/2 years on both of my Vs...

6104696 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

after 8 years of no front plate in VA on two cars, I got a ticket last week, in Washington DC. I am disputing it (online) on the grounds that DC has no jurisdiction to enforce VA registration rules. From what I have been told by others who have had the same problem, DC will take the position that they do, in fact, have the right to do that. For the $50 I am not about to go to court to make a constitutional defense, so I will likely pay up.

I am told that the feds and the times are putting pressure on all states to require and enforce rules for two license plates. Photo enforcement, ETC, and everyones favorite, anti-terrorism reasons (so anti-crime street cams are twice as likely to see a license plate) are driving it......

Quote Originally Posted by 6104696
    after 8 years of no front plate in VA on two cars, I got a ticket last week, in Washington DC. I am disputing it (online) on the grounds that DC has no jurisdiction to enforce VA registration rules. From what I have been told by others who have had the same problem, DC will take the position that they do, in fact, have the right to do that. For the $50 I am not about to go to court to make a constitutional defense, so I will likely pay up.

I am told that the feds and the times are putting pressure on all states to require and enforce rules for two license plates. Photo enforcement, ETC, and everyones favorite, anti-terrorism reasons (so anti-crime street cams are twice as likely to see a license plate) are driving it......
    Yeah, that's crap...

Just found this old thread
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-2009-a-3.html

Looks like a great alternative to the D3 one. It's much cheaper! $60 vs $129.
    Any thoughts from people who own either or?

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Here are a few images from our website:

http://www.d3cadillac.com/products/c...mount-tow-hook

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Design View Post
    Here are a few images from our website:

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac
    Hey, do you guys have these in stock at your location? I live in the southbay so I'm nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by dennych
    Just found this old thread
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-2009-a-3.html

Looks like a great alternative to the D3 one. It's much cheaper! $60 vs $129.
    Any thoughts from people who own either or?
    I only use it when heading into inspection. But it works well...

Tampa2Dubai is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '12 CTS-V Sedan

The RHO plate is better than the D3 imho, its way cheaper and can be angled so the plate runs flush with the front of the car whereas the D3 is fixed and sticks further out.

I have to mount mine all the time; unfortunately here in Dubai its the law ... fixed speed cameras urrh

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.