Have some DVD/Navigation bypass boxes in stock. - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Have some DVD/Navigation bypass boxes in stock. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; yes everything works all the time....
    wait4me is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma

Re: Have some DVD/Navigation bypass boxes in stock.

yes everything works all the time.

rbanshee1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post
    It is very small and fits behind the metal silver box of the radio.
    Need a DVD unlocker for my 09 v,do you still have them? Please pm me thank you

taken is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS V

I've been buying Coastal Tech Lockpicks for all my vehicles for years. Always plenty in stock and work flawlessly. Here is the CTS unit, but they have them for all the other cars people have been inquiring about too. http://www.coastaletech.com/CTS_LOCKPICK.htm NAVTV makes one too that's also 300 bucks. I usually install these myself since it's super simple. However on my last V, a 2010, I was having a back up cam installed and some audio work done. The shop that was doing it carried NAVTV products and put it in for free since the dash was going to be open anyways. When I sold the car, I pulled it to find that a splice has to be made in the harness for the NAVTV unit. No big deal, but on my new V, I will be going back to Coastal Tech for true plug and play. Oh, and they answer their phone too. I like that in a company....

rbanshee1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taken
    I've been buying Coastal Tech Lockpicks for all my vehicles for years. Always plenty in stock and work flawlessly. Here is the CTS unit, but they have them for all the other cars people have been inquiring about too. http://www.coastaletech.com/CTS_LOCKPICK.htm NAVTV makes one too that's also 300 bucks. I usually install these myself since it's super simple. However on my last V, a 2010, I was having a back up cam installed and some audio work done. The shop that was doing it carried NAVTV products and put it in for free since the dash was going to be open anyways. When I sold the car, I pulled it to find that a splice has to be made in the harness for the NAVTV unit. No big deal, but on my new V, I will be going back to Coastal Tech for true plug and play. Oh, and they answer their phone too. I like that in a company....
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by rbanshee1 View Post
    Thank you
    Glad to help!

bsk997 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Anybody know if the costal tech lockpick works on the 2011/2012 CTS-Vs?
    Their website says its for 08-10.

Are there any other lockpics that work since it seems like wait4me doesn't sell his any more?

Yes, the Coastal Tech will work. They just haven't updated their site. I called them on it when I ordered my 2013 and they confirmed. You can call too before ordering, but I'm sure you'll be fine....

Almondted is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Crystal Red, cts-v, fully loaded

Here is the reply I got last week from them.

Support support@coastaletech.com

Jun 25 (6 days ago)

to me

Hello,

Thank you so much for your inquiry. Unfortunately at this time your 2011 CTS is not on the approved list of vehicles that work with the LockPick product. However, we are always adding new makes and models to the lineup. I would recommend checking back with us within a couple of months to ensure compatibility with your particular vehicle. Thanks again and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

That's funny they would say that. They told me it would be fine. I'm thinking they just haven't tested it yet so they were playing it safe with a printed reply. Since the radio is identical, I would bet money it will be fine. In fact, in a month when my car comes in, I'll be buying one and installing....

Almondted is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Crystal Red, cts-v, fully loaded

Quote Originally Posted by taken View Post
    That's funny they would say that. They told me it would be fine. I'm thinking they just haven't tested it yet so they were playing it safe with a printed reply. Since the radio is identical, I would bet money it will be fine. In fact, in a month when my car comes in, I'll be buying one and installing....
    You are probably right. Let us know if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Almondted View Post
    You are probably right. Let us know if it works.
    Will do!

xmaciek82x is offline Cadillac Owners Member

So I'm a little confused, the costal tech lockpick unit always needs you to press the mute botton 4 times to unlock the full functionality of DVD and Navi, but Jesse's unit has no botton pressing requirement? Can the costal tech lockpick one also be setup that no extra bottons are required and it just works all the time?

I think that's the norm with Cadillac. My navtv was the same but with the mirror button.

So, I was having a sub and amp put in anyway, so I just had them do another NAVTV unit. Lazy I guess. So, I can't answer the question about Coastal and 2013's. I do like that with the NAVTV you only press a button once to activate the destination in motion. What you do is make sure neither left or right mirrors are selected. Then the left mirror adjustment is destination in motion. The right is video in motion. The down button is to turn on your back up camera at any time. The up button can activate an aftermarket forward facing camera at any time. I'm thinking I will add one to keep an eye on curbs while parking. I guess there is always something else to spend on!!

pank is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

nevermind, I found my answer.....lol I was wondering if I had to splice for the NAV TV

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.