V1 Hardwire with BlendMount and Invisicord - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, V1 Hardwire with BlendMount and Invisicord in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by Johnsteph10 Ok, I seem to be dumb! I cannot figure out how to install this invisicord thing ...
    cdog533 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Re: V1 Hardwire with BlendMount and Invisicord

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsteph10 View Post
    Ok, I seem to be dumb!

I cannot figure out how to install this invisicord thing -- are people plugging it directly into the mirror and how so? I can't find a plug on the back of the mirror.

I took off the 2 piece plastic cover covering the cord that goes into the headliner and down to the mirror. I figured out how to unplug it from the harness....but I don't see where people are plugging it in!

It looks like people are somehow plugging it directly into the back of the mirror but I just don't see how that is possible...

Can someone post some closeup pics with some VERY detail step-by-step instructions?
    If you take the cover off that plug, you should see like 10 wires running into a white plastic block. You simply JAM the little invisicord metal prongs down next to the correct wires. It's shown at the top of the thread.

Then bend em 90 degrees, slap the cover back on, and it's good.

bbott is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS Sport Sedan (3.6L)

Has anyone installed the invisicord for a 2011 CTS sedan? There is no exposed cable, I believe it's all running through the metal mirror post.

creed2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

bbott & johnsteph10..... I also have asked about being able to install the invisicord on a 2011 V sedan. Have you or has anyone been able to complete the install for a 2011? Ive not had any response or luck. Im trying to switch out my Valetine One from my ZO6 into my 2011 V Sedan. The problem /difference is the the 2011 V does not have a simple plug that just goes into the back of the mirror, I think this may be because of the OnStar Application for cellphones. Its connection runs through a metal post down from the headliner into a black plug that connects into the mirror, the invisicord plug doesnt seem to wanna fit into the pink ( postive ) or the black ( negative ). Can someone please offer there $.2 about this install?.................................. THANKS

markrn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 11 V Sedan / 06 TBSS

I ran into the same problem with my 11 sedan, I went with this stealth cord in the 12 inch version. Gives you enough length up the mirror post to mount it to just to the left of the mirror. Get the one for the g37/g35 as they have thinner, rounder spades. Works like a charm just have to use a little pressure getting them to fit snugly. The spades on the invisicord are way to wide. Received the cord promptly via usps. http://www.stealthcords.com/shop/pro...cat=280&page=1

Tom_E is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE - Picked up a 2014 C7

Quote Originally Posted by markrn View Post
    I ran into the same problem with my 11 sedan, I went with this stealth cord in the 12 inch version. Gives you enough length up the mirror post to mount it to just to the left of the mirror. Get the one for the g37/g35 as they have thinner, rounder spades. Works like a charm just have to use a little pressure getting them to fit snugly. The spades on the invisicord are way to wide. Received the cord promptly via usps. http://www.stealthcords.com/shop/pro...cat=280&page=1
    I installed one in my Coupe using the mirror connection, so yes it can be done easily. Well pretty easily..

Just ordered the one for G37 as you recommended. It looks like it will work since it has the smaller connecting probes.....Thanks very much for your help!!!

Red face Re: V1 Hardwire with BlendMount and Invisicord

NP glad I could help

e6t
    e6t is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): V2 CTSV

Is the v1 still the way to go?

It comes down to personal choice, i've had my V1 for close to 8 yrs, service is excellent not that its needed much like new bezels and an recalibration. I like that it has a huge KA range in distance out on the road. I'm a traveling nurse on the road alot and have also found that K band is also good as the north dakota patrol uses it as well. But there are others just as good. I use this site alot for info http://www.radardetector.net/forums/. :-)

Gonzales25 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe, 2007 Mercedes ML63 AMG

FYI for people with the coupe, i just tried to put in the invisicord and the ends were to wide to slide into the connectors. I tried to trim them down still didn't work. So I got frustrated cut the the ends off and exposed the ends, then I took a razor blade shaved off enough of the wire cover to expose the wires on the harness hanging down (pink + ..black w/ white strip -), Then I wrapped the invisicord around the wires put a little electrical tape to cover everything up. Connected my detector and everything works perfect.

Sorry I started rambling.............

e6t
    e6t is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): V2 CTSV

Quote Originally Posted by markrn View Post
    It comes down to personal choice, i've had my V1 for close to 8 yrs, service is excellent not that its needed much like new bezels and an recalibration. I like that it has a huge KA range in distance out on the road. I'm a traveling nurse on the road alot and have also found that K band is also good as the north dakota patrol uses it as well. But there are others just as good. I use this site alot for info http://www.radardetector.net/forums/. :-)
    I've done some time on there... There are many fans of each and they just seem to yell at each other.

I bought a V1 two years ago and it seemed to false a lot, but that may be because i pass 3 hospitals on the way to work.

I may try a redline just for shigiggles.

Yup it does at times, just need to tweak the settings alittle. Whats weird is to get laser falses but with the newer vehicles and the way stop lamps are placed just something to get used to. When my v1 finally dies will look at the ones with gps logging especially with the newer automated radar stations.

bbott is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS Sport Sedan (3.6L)

Quote Originally Posted by creed2 View Post
    Just ordered the one for G37 as you recommended. It looks like it will work since it has the smaller connecting probes.....Thanks very much for your help!!!
    Ditto, I just did the same. When I tried to install with the invisicord this weekend, I realized the prongs were too large and did not fit. Hopefully this stealth cord works better!!

On a side note, for 2011 sedan is it still the pink (2nd row) and black/white (1st row) wire to connect to?

Yes I think so

majdewey is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V Coupe

This past weekend I hardwired my V1 in my 2011 CTS-V Coupe. I just completed the write up with pictures for the forum, but my post was not allowed because I'm new and can't post links to photos until I have 5 post. Guess I should of read the rules. I'll post my required post tonight and redo the write up.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.