I Closed the Deal on My V
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, I Closed the Deal on My V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I just got back from the dealer and I finalized my deal on a black V. Car should be here ...
    readyact is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

I Closed the Deal on My V

I just got back from the dealer and I finalized my deal on a black V. Car should be here early next week.

Here are the details of my personal deal:

- Dealer showed me Invoice, MSRP, GMS (which is not available) and Supplier.
    - Dealer gave me the Supplier price
    - Dealer gave me the $2000 cash back regional incentive which is available on the 2009 CTS-V. Go to the Cadillac website and see if you are in a qualifying state/county.

- Dealer allowed me to us the GM Reward Points off the GM credit card. On The 2009 CTS-V you can redeem up to $1000 worth of points toward the purchase of the vehicle.

- Finally I haggled to get an additional $1000 off on the vehicle.

So overall I think I did fine and I will happily take delivery on the vehicle early next week.

TIPS for you:

- Make sure you check the Regional Incentives for your area. The $2000 Cash Back on the 2009 CTS-V IS AVAILABLE in certain areas.

- If you or someone you know has a GM Card with the reward points the points can be used toward the purchase of your new V. If the GM Card is not yours, you either must live at the address of the cardholder or be an authorized user of the card to use the reward points.

My experience at the dealer was not bad at all and I hope this information will help you guys. Happy Ving….

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

330toSRT8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: I Closed the Deal on My V

That sounds excellent. If you don't mind sharing, what was the MSRP and how much did you pay? Thanks.

The car has every option except for the engine block heater. MSRP is $68540 and with all of the discounts and stuff I got close to the GMS price before any other discounts are applied.

Funny thing is I called my insurance which is GMAC and they don't have my VIN # or do they have the 2009 CTS-V listed listed at all. Thus, I could not get a quote. I guess I am one of the first to call requesting a quote for insurance on a 2009 CTS-V from GMAC. They are supposed to update their system with the 2009 CTS-V information over the weekend and give me a quote on Monday. We'll see.

Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

what dealer are you using in OH?

F

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    what dealer are you using in OH?

F
    Voss Village Cadillac Centerville

HPCC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by readyact View Post
    I just got back from the dealer and I finalized my deal on a black V. Car should be here early next week.

Here are the details of my personal deal:

- Dealer showed me Invoice, MSRP, GMS (which is not available) and Supplier.
    - Dealer gave me the Supplier price
    - Dealer gave me the $2000 cash back regional incentive which is available on the 2009 CTS-V. Go to the Cadillac website and see if you are in a qualifying state/county.

- Dealer allowed me to us the GM Reward Points off the GM credit card. On The 2009 CTS-V you can redeem up to $1000 worth of points toward the purchase of the vehicle.

- Finally I haggled to get an additional $1000 off on the vehicle.

So overall I think I did fine and I will happily take delivery on the vehicle early next week.

TIPS for you:

- Make sure you check the Regional Incentives for your area. The $2000 Cash Back on the 2009 CTS-V IS AVAILABLE in certain areas.

- If you or someone you know has a GM Card with the reward points the points can be used toward the purchase of your new V. If the GM Card is not yours, you either must live at the address of the cardholder or be an authorized user of the card to use the reward points.

My experience at the dealer was not bad at all and I hope this information will help you guys. Happy Ving….
    Congratulations. My dealer is also willing to give me the supplier discount and stack the regional incentive, but I thought an authorization code is needed for the supplier discount. The CTS-V isn't listed as a model on the GM Supplier Discount site (although you can "build one" and it shows what the discount would be); is your dealer just extending the discount on their own?

Quote Originally Posted by HPCC View Post
    Congratulations. My dealer is also willing to give me the supplier discount and stack the regional incentive, but I thought an authorization code is needed for the supplier discount. The CTS-V isn't listed as a model on the GM Supplier Discount site (although you can "build one" and it shows what the discount would be); is your dealer just extending the discount on their own?
    Yes the dealer just gave me the Supplier price. I think the Sales Manager felt bad after telling me for months that they would honor GMS, but after the car was built GM sad no to GMS. The dealer gave me the Supplier discount without me asking. I work for a GM Supplier, but I never mentioned it.

AZstar is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, '09 CTS-V

I guess there is some advantage to a poor economy and a car maker on the brink of bankruptcy. I asked my dealer if he would honor supplier pricing and he said he could do better than that. He offered invoice price. Tough times make for lower prices. I don't think I'd like to be a car salesman right now.

Good deal--way to work it. In my case, they've been promising me Supplier for months instead of GMS. I also work for a GM Supplier, so I thought I needed the code...

CASEY122457 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

What is the difference between Supplier price and dealer invoice?

Flyboy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Good Job on the negotiations......What do you think the dealership actually netted when the deal was done? Just curious.

AZstar is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, '09 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by CASEY122457 View Post
    What is the difference between Supplier price and dealer invoice?
    I think generally, Supplier Price, is 1-2% higher than dealer invoice. It's not huge, but its $600 -$1200. That's worth the effort if you can get it. I just wish I could take delivery before January 5th so I could take advantage of the $2000 cash back. Who knows, though, the cash back may be higher in the coming months.

OldDrummer55 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V Black/black, Auto, Recaros, Sun Roof...

Excellent! Thanks for the insight on what is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
    Good Job on the negotiations......What do you think the dealership actually netted when the deal was done? Just curious.
    I have no idea what the dealer made of the deal. I'm sure they are not hurting. I read an article online that once the car is sold the manufacture actually gives the dealership money back for various things. So the Invoice is not the final cost of the car to the dealer.

Also I forgot to say I also got money off on the extended GMPP warranty. I read online that you can negotiate the final cost of the extended warranty. The article I read said that once you negotiate the final cost of the car, throw in that you want the extended warranty and if you don't get a discount it's a deal breaker. Well I didn't go that far I just mentioned I wanted the GMPP warranty and I asked for a discount. Once it was discounted I asked if that’s all of a discount I can get and they gave me more of a discount. I never said it would be a deal break they just gave me an additional discount.

With a 5-year/100k powertrain and 4-year/50,000 B-to-B warranties standard, what are the typical extensions to?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.