Caddiedrummer's 1st Black CTS-V Pics! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Caddiedrummer's 1st Black CTS-V Pics! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by Short-Throw The CTS-V will allow you to scare three people at once, 3 separate rides would be ...
    caddiedrummer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Caddiedrummer's 1st Black CTS-V Pics!

Quote Originally Posted by Short-Throw View Post
    The CTS-V will allow you to scare three people at once, 3 separate rides would be required in the Viper.

It's nice to have such a dilemna, which one to drive!

Mike
    Put my wife in the Honda minivan and she will scare the hell out of 8 people.

After less than 200 miles it is hard to do much of a comparison. It is easier to compare sedans (forget the Viper--the front end torque and neck jerk is ridiculous but also tiring)

XLR--V vs CTS-V--the X was a funny car. Beautiful and IMO better looking than anything the Germans made in a 2 seater--a real head turner. But the car did not really handle very well which was maddening with 440HP. It also was noisy inside and becuase of the lack of space under the hood they put what looked like a lawn mower battery in it--I went through 3 of them. Great looking but nothing you would track

M5 vs CTS--V--too early to say much. The SMG tranny on the M is sheer genius allowing clutchless stick shifting, paddles, and automatic. The problem was it tried to do too much. If you were in auto it was very clunky and you would swear something was wrong with the car. The paddles were large==so much so I would often hit the wipers by mistake --the V easier. The M was 7 speed. The M also had 2 modes you could switch on wheel--400 HP or 510. It also had neat auto seat inflaters that would support your body in turns---not a car you wanted to own out of warranty. One of the most maddening things on the M was electronic oil register instead of a simple dipstick. The I Drive could make you nutty if you did not take time to learn it. American cars do a much better job of making simpler controls. It takes me 20 minutes to adjust the heat in my kids' Hondas.

As I said yesterday, the V seems faster off the off the line than the M and after that fairly even.I suspect the M gets more attention cause more folks take notice of that M badge but who knows. Attention not always good. In that regard Va is very strict on front plate law and for the life of me I don't know where you would put it on this car.

Short-Throw is offline CadillacOwners First 09 CTS-V Owner
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V, 08 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by caddiedrummer View Post
    Put my wife in the Honda minivan and she will scare the hell out of 8 people.

CopperSunburstCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by blue07cts View Post
    is that interior color combo available with the recardo's?
    No it's not, yet ANOTHER significant error on Caddys 360 view on their official website. It is written on the ordering guide and other written material that it is not avaliable in Recaros. The rear seats on also show the tabs for the pull down rear seats, which is also not available on the V version

caddiedrummer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

BTW, the exhaust note on this car continues to impress and should only get better over time. I told my friends at Corsa (I put Corsas on all my cars) they have their work cut out for them. The V is not loud but very throaty--much more so than a Viper or Vette out of the factory.

For me an exhaust change (usually the first thing I do) will be made as much on apprearance as sound. Caddy did a nice job on this aspect.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.