So Close....
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, So Close.... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; ...but no V for me. I've had feelers out for a decent deal on the new V, both with dealers ...
    jvp
    jvp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

So Close....

...but no V for me.

I've had feelers out for a decent deal on the new V, both with dealers around me (northern VA) and dealers elsewhere. My deal is pretty stiff: Supplier discount on the V (which I qualify for) and fair trade-in value on my 2007 Corvette Z06. I figured I'd have a rough time finding the right dealer, and so far, I've been right on the money.

Lindsay Cadillac, which folks here are familiar with for running the events at Summit Point Raceway. They contacted me last week and said, "Yes, we'll honor GM Supplier on the V. No sweat. And, we have a buyer for your Z06, so we'll offer you $52K for it!" Edmunds, NADA, and KBB all say the car is worth about $54 in trade-in, so I figured that was damn close enough.

This amount was repeated to me over the phone several times by two different Lindsay employees. I figured I could give them the Z06 now and use it as a large deposit on a new V for whenever they could order it (Recaros and manual transmission are required, not optional. I'll wait). They agreed to that over the phone, and even started the ordering process on the new car for me, before I could even get to the showroom.

Keep in mind, the showroom is about 30 minutes of hellacious highway driving from me. I dislike Alexandria, VA, with a passion. I try to stay as far from the cities (Alexandria, WashDC, Arlington, et al) as I can. But, I made an exception for this one. I promised the person over the phone that as soon as I got back from my Thanksgiving trip this morning (Saturday) I'd bring the car down to them. And I did.

Now, apparently the two employees (who will remain nameless) hadn't chatted with the GM about this deal. At least, that's the story the GM gave me. He seemed very apologetic and upset, but I wasn't exactly buying it. Needless to say, the figure they quoted me over the phone was pulled out of their rear ends, and the exact figure was nowhere near it. The GM promised me he'd keep looking for me, but I'm not holding my breath. So I grabbed the car's keys and title, and drove back home.

Unfortunate. They seemed like a fairly upstanding dealer from what I've seen from them. But that experience just left a very sour taste in my mouth.

Ah well. So close. But all is right with the world. I still have my Corvette.

jas

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: So Close....

Aw, what a bummer. I know that Lindsay service/parts are the BEST, but I've no experience with their sales department. (And if I had to "settle" for keeping a 'Vette...I think I'd be ok!!! )

Short-Throw is offline CadillacOwners First 09 CTS-V Owner
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V, 08 Escalade

Jason,

Having gone through this just recently I can tell you that the NADA and KBB values are not representative of what's been going on at the actual auctions. At some point they will get back in line. Also, typically the Corvette market goes into dormancy from October until about March.

This does not dismiss the dealer's unscroupolous antics.

Good luck, something will pop up for you.

Mike

jvp

Quote Originally Posted by Short-Throw View Post
    At some point they will get back in line. Also, typically the Corvette market goes into dormancy from October until about March.
    Yep, I expect things to pick back up in the spring. It's definitely a bad time to be selling a sports car, though there ARE places where it's sunny and beautiful all year 'round...

This does not dismiss the dealer's unscrupulous antics.
    Right. After having dealt with them at Summit Point back in May when GM bought some of the pre-prod Vs for us to see, I was reasonably impressed with how they ran things. I've also heard very good things about them from others (both on forum and off). Needless to say, my experience left a bit to be desired.

Good luck, something will pop up for you.
    Thanks buddy. Enjoy your new toy. And, I'm still interested in helmet clearances with the sunroof.

jas

caddiedrummer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Did you try Moore?

ExtraV is offline Cadillac Owners Member

What were they offering you for the z06 the second time around?

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I don't have any experience with Lindsay's Sales staff either, but Luke (parts) and James (service) are the model for a perfect Dealership.

I knew where this story was headed as soon as I saw $52k for an 07 Z. We looked at a 2008 Z with the 3LT package and 800 miles yesterday, and they're bringing between $51k and $53k at the Florida auctions with anywhere from 500 to 2,000 miles on them.

They probably offered you around $45-48k the second time, right?
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

jvp

Quote Originally Posted by caddiedrummer View Post
    Did you try Moore?
    Yes. They were much worse.

jas

jvp

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    They probably offered you around $45-48k the second time, right?
    That's pretty close, yep.

jas

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I know it's not what KBB says, but it's a pretty fair call based on what they're bringing wholesale right now. Unfortunately, cars like the 'Vette are only selling to the real enthusiasts right now in light of all the talk of the economy, gas, being green, blah blah blah. We used to always keep a Corvette on the lot for the "impulse" buyers, but there's not a lot of those around right now, and the market is reflecting that in how much (or little) they're bringing at the block.

There's always a chance you can get more on eBay or Autotrader, but keep in mind that you'll lose about $2,800 in tax savings by not trading the car. Add 6% sales tax to the trade offer, and that's what you're really getting by trading.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

jvp

There's always a chance you can get more on eBay or Autotrader
    Yep, I know that option is open to me, but I'm not really interested in pursuing a private sale at the moment. It's too much of a pain in the ass.

In the end, it's OK. I'll have to do some work on my car to soften the dampers up a bit when I'm not tearing up Summit Point Raceway. There are some other luxury items the V offers that my car just can't ever have. But, I'll live with it.

jas

caddiedrummer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Market for fun cars is awful. I won't even go into what my dealer is allowing me on my 06 M5.

My 06 Viper which had a $92k list is worth about $56k. I have had a bunch of Vettes and had dealer friends offer me brand new Z06s (which a year or so ago were way over sticker) for high $50s and new coupes as low as $39K.

Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

Ill trade ya straight up for my STSv....for your Z.

F

jvp

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    Ill trade ya straight up for my STSv....for your Z.
    Uhhhhh.....

No.

jas

afterdigital is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS 05

I know it's not what KBB says, but it's a pretty fair call based on what they're bringing wholesale right now. Unfortunately, cars like the 'Vette are only selling to the real enthusiasts right now in light of all the talk of the economy, gas, being green, blah blah blah. We used to always keep a Corvette on the lot for the "impulse" buyers, but there's not a lot of those around right now, and the market is reflecting that in how much (or little) they're bringing at the block.

There's always a chance you can get more on eBay or Autotrader, but keep in mind that you'll lose about $2,800 in tax savings by not trading the car. Add 6% sales tax to the trade offer, and that's what you're really getting by trading.
    Tony, i lost you. Are you saying that trade-in is more bang for your buck as far as taxes? If so, good to know...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.