So Close.... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, So Close.... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I stopped into the dealer where I bought my V to see when they were expecting their first arrival. Turns ...
    MauiV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Tis Gone :(

Re: So Close....

I stopped into the dealer where I bought my V to see when they were expecting their first arrival. Turns out the 1st arrival actually has my name on it. Seems I ordered a black on black manual with all options except the suede steering wheel. Since my name is on it at least I get to be the 1st to give it a whirl when it arrives before I decide to not accept the car. The sales manager says the car has been built but is on hold with QC and she is expecting the car to be shipped prior to the Dec plant shutdowns, so looks like about 3 weeks or so in her opinion. They are waiting on 5 to arrive and 4 are manuals, 3 black, 1 red and 1 blue.

I cant wait to get my hands on one and see how my Maggie compares.

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by afterdigital View Post
    Tony, i lost you. Are you saying that trade-in is more bang for your buck as far as taxes? If so, good to know...
    You're only taxed on the net sale price. Price of car minus trade or, price of car w/no trade. (Assumption being that you already paid sales tax on the trade-in.)

Nutz is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V a tuxedo with a jetpack!

Hang in there jvp. Time is on your side. Heck, the first V's built are still on delivery trucks. Plus, hey, there's cool car in your garage while waiting.

You should see what I've been dealt here in Cleveland, I just left a dealer an hour ago that promised us a 09 cts4 for 4 years lease at 370.00/mo. Now I figured that was almost too good to be true but took the bait for fun expecting 400-450. It turns out the best was 550.00 after we sat down. I walked, darn I would love to have put the wife in a white diamond cts "fur coat". My nad's still hurt from that kick... By the way, I won't mention the dealer's full name, but ironically it begins with Spit___...

It's true what they say about the Lindsay Service and Parts here, they're worth it. Give them another shot after the new V's get a chance to age.

jvp
    jvp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by Nutz View Post
    It's true what they say about the Lindsay Service and Parts here, they're worth it. Give them another shot after the new V's get a chance to age.
    Nah. The longer I wait, the more worthless my Z06 will become as far as trade-in values are concerned. Though it may pick up a tiny bit in the spring, I don't expect it to pick up enough where I can justify and afford the difference in money for the V.

It was a fun little day-dream. Now back to reality. :-)

jas

IRONDOG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

For the working guy its going to be real difficult to manage financing the CTS-V in any manner. That's what I'm discovering and it's very discouraging!

ExtraV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Which package does your Z have? How decent are the tires? Which color? All those things come into play too when talking values. A silver, base model 1LZ with 20,000 miles and bald tires will command a lot less than say a black, with 5,000 miles, and new rubber. etc. Just saying.

I have an 07 Z too with 2LZ package and was offered $50k trade in right off the bat in writing. Probably could have gotten a little more, but the car is mint.

Caddyscat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V, Radiant silver, Loaded, Auto

For the working guy its going to be real difficult to manage financing the CTS-V in any manner. That's what I'm discovering and it's very discouraging!
    Example?

jvp
    jvp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraV View Post
    Which package does your Z have? How decent are the tires? Which color? All those things come into play too when talking values. A silver, base model 1LZ with 20,000 miles and bald tires will command a lot less than say a black, with 5,000 miles, and new rubber.
    In this particular case, it had nothing to do with the condition of the car. Moreso that they didn't actually have a buyer, like they originally led me to believe. The GM just wasn't ready to purchase my car for the agreed (over the phone) upon price. It wouldn't have mattered if it was brand new or beaten to hell.

But since you asked: Velocity Yellow w/Black interior, 2LZ, nav, chrome wheels, OnStar (optional in '07). The car has 15000 miles on it, and I just put new tires on it last week. Heck, the paint stripe is still on them. :-)

jas

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.