No CTS-V for me - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, No CTS-V for me in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by parttimer I do however fit in the STS with no problem, no XLR either for us. We ...
    whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor

Re: No CTS-V for me

Quote Originally Posted by parttimer View Post
    I do however fit in the STS with no problem, no XLR either for us. We checked out a few other cars and have now been able to narrow it down to three, the STS, a Jag XF supercharged
    STS-V for sure. Jag XF is cool but lacks the power of the V. M35/45 is a joke if power is an concern. Best of luck with your choice.

Have you test drove the XF Supercharged and the STS-V?

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by RightTurn View Post
    I can't believe I posted my weight.

errrr, what I meant was, 5'6" and 115 pounds. Yeah. That's it.
    Doesn't matter.

parttimer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I have not driven either, we are waiting until we are actually ready to purchase, the jag has 420 hp and I found a few sites with parts such as ecm and pulleys, its an eaton m112 blower which is the same as the mustang cobra so pulley swap should be easy. I think I could get it into the mid 500's but I am still leaning towards the V simply because there are no jag shops in my area and should I need a repair I don't want to drive an hour and a half!

JEM
    JEM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by parttimer View Post
    the STS, a Jag XF supercharged and an Infiniti M35
    ...and you fit in the Jag? I'm kinda surprised at that.

CSX
    CSX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V....coming soon

Unfortunate for sure, but I'm sure the STS-V will be able to put a smile on your face and be much more comfortable as well. I wonder if GM plans on making a V version of the next STS, or whatever ends up becoming Cadillac's flagship sedan?

parttimer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Motor Trend has a blurb about the new flagship due out in a few years, not waiting for that!! I was very comfortable in the Jag, but 20" winter tires will be tough to find! I think I'm just about sold on the Caddie, performance parts are out of this world for them, well over 300 for a pulley? Used to cost me $70 for my grand prix, stang pulleys are $100!!

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

With GM being in the state that it's in I would not be looking for any new V designs for quite some time, if ever. We'll be lucky if the V Coupe makes it to market now.

Vrocks is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Thumbs up Re: No CTS-V for me

If they cancel the V coupe (I heard everything planned for '09 wasn't being canceled) that'll suck, I was hoping to lease one around this time next year.

I'm looking forward to the fuel cell cars that'll be out in abour 10 years. Several consumer products are supposed to be available next year (some use butane). The first models will be inefficient compared to what fuel cells are capable of, but they're saying they'll have around 4x the power of a Li-Ion battery (of same volume / mass?). Later versions based on hydrogen can offer 10x the power... Imagine a 2020 Chevy Volt with around a 600 - 800 mile range on a tank of Hydrogen - no emissions and no gas. Or, there will be a 2020 CTS-V with 600+ HP and a range comparable or better than today's gas version, with zero emissions.

The only pieces missing are: refueling infrastructure and efficient way of generating enough Hydrogen.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.