Pics of *delivered* CTS-Vs here - Page 58
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 LastLast
Results 856 to 870 of 906
Like Tree176Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Pics of *delivered* CTS-Vs here in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by IBMike GLad you got the one you wanted. First recommended mod: Hardwiring the radar detector! lol +1...
  1. #856
    cadillaxe's Avatar
    cadillaxe is offline Author "Bouncing off Guardrails"
    Automobile(s): '13ctsvcp,'10bmwS1KRR,'13YCCchopper
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    san antonio, tx
    Posts
    338

    Re: Pics of *delivered* CTS-Vs here

    Quote Originally Posted by IBMike View Post
    GLad you got the one you wanted. First recommended mod: Hardwiring the radar detector! lol
    +1

  2. #857
    sandman3211 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V Coupe
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, Fl
    Posts
    15

    Re: Pics of *delivered* CTS-Vs here

    Quote Originally Posted by IBMike View Post
    GLad you got the one you wanted. First recommended mod: Hardwiring the radar detector! lol
    Definitely gonna look into it in this car. Embarrassingly enough, in my past cars, I've just let it dangle haha
    fee5fofum likes this.

  3. #858
    BritV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 V-wagon
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    21

    Re: Pics of *delivered* CTS-Vs here

    We picked up our CTS-V yesterday.

    CTS-V-upload.jpg
    BreakThrough likes this.

  4. #859
    Random84's Avatar
    Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    562

    Re: Pics of *delivered* CTS-Vs here

    Loving all the Wagons! You guys save yours for Mecum, I'm planning a few road trips...

    The more I drive, the more positive comments I get. "Is that a Cadillac?" "Is that a CTSV?" "I didn't know they made those!" all followed by sly grins, sauntering over to see the car a little closer and make automotive small talk...
    Gman1023 likes this.

  5. #860
    IBMike's Avatar
    IBMike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Black Diamond Coupe
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Falcon CO
    Posts
    203

    Re: Pics of *delivered* CTS-Vs here

    So happy to FINALLY officially contribute to this thread!! My V's first Colorado sunrise!



    She's off to the tint shop this morning!
    BreakThrough likes this.

  6. #861
    Gman1023 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA suburbs
    Age
    24
    Posts
    186

    Re: Pics of *delivered* CTS-Vs here

    Quote Originally Posted by Random84 View Post
    Loving all the Wagons! You guys save yours for Mecum, I'm planning a few road trips...

    The more I drive, the more positive comments I get. "Is that a Cadillac?" "Is that a CTSV?" "I didn't know they made those!" all followed by sly grins, sauntering over to see the car a little closer and make automotive small talk...
    From people who have at least some awareness of cars I get one of two comments:

    1) I didn't know they made the CTS-V in a wagon! That's awesome!!
    2) That's my dream car! (Often accompanied by) I wish my significant other would let me get one!

    Everyone else just thinks it's a sweet looking car. "What do they call that shade of blue?" "Wow, Cadillac has really come a long way!"

    I'm loving it! I've never had a car that starts conversations before.
    rob376 likes this.

  7. #862
    sandman3211 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V Coupe
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, Fl
    Posts
    15

    Re: Pics of *delivered* CTS-Vs here

    Quote Originally Posted by IBMike View Post
    So happy to FINALLY officially contribute to this thread!! My V's first Colorado sunrise!



    She's off to the tint shop this morning!
    Gorgeous car, gorgeous color, gorgeous setting
    FLTRI and IBMike like this.

  8. #863
    agp's Avatar
    agp
    agp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 3.6L Sport | R1 drilled/slotted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    1,254

    Re: Pics of *delivered* CTS-Vs here

    Gorgeous! Want!

    Quote Originally Posted by NonGoggleGuy View Post
    Took delivery on 04/26/2013.
    Opulent blue metallic | 6-speed | sunroof | Recaros | sepele wood trim | suede package | yellow calipers | bright polished wheels










    BreakThrough likes this.

  9. #864
    Kyle_B is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS-V Sedan
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Age
    42
    Posts
    29

    Re: Pics of *delivered* 09 Vs here

    I finally picked up my new 2014 CTS-V a couple weeks ago and am just now getting around to posting a few pics. I wanted to get some of the chrome blacked out first to complete the look that I was going for. I had a Red 2009 with chrome wheels that really looked sharp, but I wanted this one to look a little different. Here are a few pic's:








  10. #865
    thebigjimsho's Avatar
    thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In the barrel of a gun...
    Posts
    49,449

    Re: Pics of *delivered* CTS-Vs here

    Better either wrap the gray plastic in 3M Di-noc or Plasti-dip it. The gray stands out, but even moreso since you blacked out the chrome...

  11. #866
    Bcfd113 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Age
    37
    Posts
    17

    Re: Pics of *delivered* 09 Vs here

    Got it today! Looove it.


  12. #867
    cadillaxe's Avatar
    cadillaxe is offline Author "Bouncing off Guardrails"
    Automobile(s): '13ctsvcp,'10bmwS1KRR,'13YCCchopper
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    san antonio, tx
    Posts
    338

    Re: Pics of *delivered* CTS-Vs here

    congrats, you think you love it today, wait until you drive it.

    (opposite of the family truckster in in Vacation, "you think you hate it now, wait until you drive it."

    family-truckster1.jpg

  13. #868
    rodinoma is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade; 2009 XLR; 2008 STS-V; 2013 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    London, UK
    Age
    52
    Posts
    81

    Re: Pics of *delivered* CTS-Vs here

    I have attached photos of my 2013 CTS-V - you won't see many of these on the pages of this website because this version is the European homologation. These photos of my car were taken at the Paris Autoshow just before I picked it up from the dealer in Germany. The other two photos are of the car in its garage in Rome where it keeps company with its siblings - a 2008 STS-V and a 2009 XLR. It has the following options on it:

    - Opulent Blue - which I compare to French racing blue
    - Sunroof - in hindsight a mistake to order it - removes some torsional rigidity from the chassis. This is important in Europe because I already touched 303 kmh (I believe that is 188 in funny money) on a highway somewhere south of Munchen and the car is driven to its intended engineering limits
    - Yellow calipers (love those)
    - Graphite wheels
    - 6 speed auto
    - Ebony interior (the only one in my mind worth having since all the other colors get noticeably dirty too quickly)
    - Recaro seats (standard on the European version anyway)

    Differences to the US Homologation version - There are literally hundreds of differences because global car manufacturers have to make 3 versions of each vehicle that they sell around the world: (1) FMVSS - cars that meet Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards for the US, Canada and Mexico and then a EUNECE RHD and LHD versions for the rest of the world. Unfortunately US standards lag substantially behind global standards in passenger protection and active and passive safety devices. So the noticeable upgrades on this example are:

    -clear tail lenses with amber turn signals and red brake lights. In the US there is no regulation on this feature so we have both which creates some confusion on the road. A bit like our confused approach to the metric system. We use it for somethings but not for everything. NHTSA tests have proven that amber turn signals reduce rear end collisions
    - standard high intensity rear fog lights. You can see these under the grey lower fascia in the rear picture. These are very powerful fog piercing lights and are used by motorists whenever there is extremely heavy rain and fog. Tends to reduce serial collisions on the highway of which we have seen are deadly back home. Another question for the regulators in the USA
    - All cars around the world have standard headlamp washers for halogen, xenon and led headlights. Already standard in the US so no different here
    - Lights - Have you ever noticed how many drivers, especially the elderly, complain about being blinded by oncoming headlights in the US? Does not happen in Europe because all cars come equipped with a switch on the instrument panel that regulates the height of the headlamps so if you start getting flashed you just toggle your headlamps down a notch and voila, problem solved
    - Sidemarker lights - this is another safety feature that should be required in the US. In Europe you need to be able to see either a car's front/side/rear turn signal flashing from 180º. Europeans, unlike many American drivers, are assiduous users of their turn signals and take great comfort in knowing when someone is turning a corner or changing lane. Amber turn signal visbility is essential. Also Europeans rarely have 4-way deadly intersections - almost everything here is a roundabout/traffic circle which is much safer but you need to see where other drivers are going around the circle and so that sidemarker light is critical
    - GPS/Radio - the GPS contains European maps and does not have Onstar and the radio is tuned to European frequencies. The US frequencies go from 103.1 to 103.3 whereas European frequencies don't skip - 103.1 -> 103.2 -> 103.3
    - As highlighted above by having reached 303 km/h (and not maxed out) the European version does not have the electronic tether on the autobox because these speeds are achievable in Europe
    - On the IP, the international icon for handbrake is used rather than "BRAKE". We use icons for everything else from ESP to ABS not sure why we continue to use BRAKE!
    - On the IP, the international icon for second passenger airbag is used (same as in Canada) and not "PASSENGER AIR BAG IN USE/NOT" that we use!
    - The speedometer reads to 330 and can toggle between kmh and MPH. The problem with the US version is that if you drive to Canada or Mexico you dont know how fast you are going above 200 kmh unless you look at the digital speed on the IP
    - There is a steering column lock standard which is not on the US version
    - There is a motion sensor detector feature on the alarm which is not used on the US version - but please correct me if I am wrong on this one

    I have tried to load up 4 photos but it tells me my sizes are many millimeters too large - how do I size them down manually?

  14. #869
    Gman1023 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA suburbs
    Age
    24
    Posts
    186

    Re: Pics of *delivered* CTS-Vs here

    Quote Originally Posted by rodinoma View Post
    I have attached photos of my 2013 CTS-V - you won't see many of these on the pages of this website because this version is the European homologation. These photos of my car were taken at the Paris Autoshow just before I picked it up from the dealer in Germany. The other two photos are of the car in its garage in Rome where it keeps company with its siblings - a 2008 STS-V and a 2009 XLR. It has the following options on it:

    - Opulent Blue - which I compare to French racing blue
    - Sunroof - in hindsight a mistake to order it - removes some torsional rigidity from the chassis. This is important in Europe because I already touched 303 kmh (I believe that is 188 in funny money) on a highway somewhere south of Munchen and the car is driven to its intended engineering limits
    - Yellow calipers (love those)
    - Graphite wheels
    - 6 speed auto
    - Ebony interior (the only one in my mind worth having since all the other colors get noticeably dirty too quickly)
    - Recaro seats (standard on the European version anyway)

    Differences to the US Homologation version - There are literally hundreds of differences because global car manufacturers have to make 3 versions of each vehicle that they sell around the world: (1) FMVSS - cars that meet Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards for the US, Canada and Mexico and then a EUNECE RHD and LHD versions for the rest of the world. Unfortunately US standards lag substantially behind global standards in passenger protection and active and passive safety devices. So the noticeable upgrades on this example are:

    -clear tail lenses with amber turn signals and red brake lights. In the US there is no regulation on this feature so we have both which creates some confusion on the road. A bit like our confused approach to the metric system. We use it for somethings but not for everything. NHTSA tests have proven that amber turn signals reduce rear end collisions
    - standard high intensity rear fog lights. You can see these under the grey lower fascia in the rear picture. These are very powerful fog piercing lights and are used by motorists whenever there is extremely heavy rain and fog. Tends to reduce serial collisions on the highway of which we have seen are deadly back home. Another question for the regulators in the USA
    - All cars around the world have standard headlamp washers for halogen, xenon and led headlights. Already standard in the US so no different here
    - Lights - Have you ever noticed how many drivers, especially the elderly, complain about being blinded by oncoming headlights in the US? Does not happen in Europe because all cars come equipped with a switch on the instrument panel that regulates the height of the headlamps so if you start getting flashed you just toggle your headlamps down a notch and voila, problem solved
    - Sidemarker lights - this is another safety feature that should be required in the US. In Europe you need to be able to see either a car's front/side/rear turn signal flashing from 180º. Europeans, unlike many American drivers, are assiduous users of their turn signals and take great comfort in knowing when someone is turning a corner or changing lane. Amber turn signal visbility is essential. Also Europeans rarely have 4-way deadly intersections - almost everything here is a roundabout/traffic circle which is much safer but you need to see where other drivers are going around the circle and so that sidemarker light is critical
    - GPS/Radio - the GPS contains European maps and does not have Onstar and the radio is tuned to European frequencies. The US frequencies go from 103.1 to 103.3 whereas European frequencies don't skip - 103.1 -> 103.2 -> 103.3
    - As highlighted above by having reached 303 km/h (and not maxed out) the European version does not have the electronic tether on the autobox because these speeds are achievable in Europe
    - On the IP, the international icon for handbrake is used rather than "BRAKE". We use icons for everything else from ESP to ABS not sure why we continue to use BRAKE!
    - On the IP, the international icon for second passenger airbag is used (same as in Canada) and not "PASSENGER AIR BAG IN USE/NOT" that we use!
    - The speedometer reads to 330 and can toggle between kmh and MPH. The problem with the US version is that if you drive to Canada or Mexico you dont know how fast you are going above 200 kmh unless you look at the digital speed on the IP
    - There is a steering column lock standard which is not on the US version
    - There is a motion sensor detector feature on the alarm which is not used on the US version - but please correct me if I am wrong on this one

    I have tried to load up 4 photos but it tells me my sizes are many millimeters too large - how do I size them down manually?
    I put my pictures into MS Paint & resize them there then save as a separate file. It's a pain but I guess they want to limit the memory used on the site.

    Can't wait to see your pictures! Maybe I missed it, but which body style do you have? My Vagon is equipped the same as yours but with grey calipers and no Ultraview. Cheers!

  15. #870
    rodinoma is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade; 2009 XLR; 2008 STS-V; 2013 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    London, UK
    Age
    52
    Posts
    81

    Re: Pics of *delivered* CTS-Vs here

    I have attached photos of my 2013 CTS-V - you won't see many of these on the pages of this website because this version is the European homologation. These photos of my car were taken at the Salon de l’Auto in Paris just before I picked it up from a dealer in Germany. The other photos are of the car in its garage in Rome where it keeps company with its siblings - a 2008 STS-V and a 2009 XLR. It has the following options on it:

    - Opulent Blue - which I compare to French racing blue
    - Sunroof - in hindsight a mistake to order it - removes some torsional rigidity from the chassis. This is important in Europe because I already touched 303 kmh (I believe that is 188 in funny money) on a highway somewhere south of München. I am fortunate enough to be able to drive the car at its intended engineering limits
    - Yellow calipers (love those)
    - Graphite wheels
    - 6 speed auto
    - Ebony interior (the only one in my mind worth having since all the other colors get noticeably dirty too quickly)
    - Recaro seats (standard on the European version anyway)

    Differences to the US Homologation version - There are literally hundreds of differences because global car manufacturers have to make 3 versions of each vehicle that they sell around the world: (1) FMVSS - cars that meet Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards for the US, Canada and Mexico and then a (2) EUNECE RHD and (3) LHD versions for the rest of the world. Unfortunately US standards lag substantially behind global standards in passenger protection and active and passive safety. If you compare road safety in the EU to the US, we Americans die at a rate 30-60% more than in Europe. Sad but true and ironic since average highway speeds are so much higher than in the US.

    So the visible upgrades and differences to the US version of the CTS-V are:

    -Clear tail lenses with amber turn signals and red brake lights. In the US there is no regulation on this feature so we have both which creates confusion on the road. I suppose it is a bit like our confused approach to the metric system. We use it for some things but not for everything. NHTSA tests have proven that amber turn signals reduce rear end collisions but it is yet to become the law of the land
    - Standard high intensity rear fog lights. You can see these under the grey lower fascia in the rear picture. These are very powerful fog piercing lights and are used by motorists whenever there is extremely heavy rain and fog. Tends to reduce serial collisions on the highway of which we have seen can be deadly back home. In the US manufacturers only talk about front fog lights as if they are some panacea but I find them to be useless. Another question for the regulators in the USA
    - All cars around the world have standard headlamp washers for halogen, xenon and led headlights. Not a US requirement although standard on this car even in the US because it is considered a “luxury” option but not a safety option
    - Lights - Have you ever noticed how many drivers, especially the elderly, complain about being blinded by oncoming headlights in the US? Does not happen in Europe because all cars come equipped with a switch on the instrument panel that regulates the height of the headlamps so if you start getting flashed you just toggle your headlamps down a notch and voila, problem solved
    - Sidemarker lights - this is another safety feature that should be required in the US. In Europe you need to be able to see either a car's front/side/rear turn signal flashing from 180º. Europeans, unlike many American drivers, are assiduous users of their turn signals and take great comfort in knowing when someone is turning a corner or changing lane. Amber turn signal visbility is essential. Also Europeans rarely have 4-way deadly intersections - almost everything here is a roundabout/traffic circle which is much safer but you need to see where other drivers are going around the circle and so that sidemarker light is critical
    - GPS/Radio - the GPS contains European maps and does not have Onstar and the radio is tuned to European frequencies. The US frequencies go from 103.1 to 103.3 whereas European frequencies don't skip - 103.1 -> 103.2 -> 103.3
    - As highlighted above by having reached 303 km/h (and not maxed out) the European version does not have the electronic tether on the auto box because these speeds are achievable in Europe
    - On the IP, the international icon for handbrake is used rather than "BRAKE". We use icons for everything else from ESP to ABS not sure why we continue to use BRAKE!
    - On the IP, the international icon for second passenger airbag is used (same as in Canada) and not "PASSENGER AIR BAG IN USE/NOT" that we use!
    - The speedometer reads to 330 and can toggle between kmh and MPH. The problem with the US version is that if you drive to Canada or Mexico you dont know how fast you are going above 200 kmh unless you look at the digital speed on the IP
    - There is a steering column lock standard which is not on the US version
    - There is a motion sensor detector feature on the alarm which is not used on the US version - but please correct me if I am wrong on this one
    Attached Images

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting