Pics of *delivered* CTS-Vs here - Page 56
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 LastLast
Like Tree176Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Pics of *delivered* CTS-Vs here in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I made my own thread, but dammit I want to belong !...
    Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Re: Pics of *delivered* CTS-Vs here

I made my own thread, but dammit I want to belong!

r_calif is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon

After a wait of over three months, my new V wagon arrived this week. To make up for a two-month post-production delay, Cadillac shipped the car straight to the dealer in California in an enclosed transporter. Specs:

Black Diamond/ebony
    Satin graphite wheels
    Recaros
    Sunroof
    Manual trans

If you see this car in the San Francisco Bay Area, that's probably me. Very excited to join the club!

20130430_071555.jpg20130502_184658.jpg
    BreakThrough likes this.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by Random84 View Post
    I made my own thread, but dammit I want to belong!

With that look on your dog's face, I'd check the tires for urine streams...

Zhariak is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade ESV Platinum, 2013 CTS-V Coupe 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Veritable View Post
    I was given a choice of delivery dates and was watching the route forecasts pretty closely. Picked those couple of days to make the trip because the weather was going to be clear and (mostly) above freezing. Going to Calgary got a bit dicey because I ended up going through Banff in the dead of night and the temperature got down to -6C, but my M3 was shod with Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires, one of the best high-performance all-season tires in the cold, so I got through ok.

Taking the V back with the Pilot Sport PS2s, I was able to get through all the passes in the daytime, then avoided the notorious Coquihalla Pass (which was the most direct route) at night. Ended up having to drive in the Fraser Canyons at night with the adaptive headlights getting a workout, but made it through alright in the end.

I do feel the same. The V is very light when steering from the center, so much so that I find it easy to steer too much around corners. The steering feel does tighten up when you go faster and turn more from center though. I took the same route going to Calgary with the M3 and then back with the V, and at no times did I feel I can make it through a corner with the M3 but not with the V.

Speaking of the steering, I must complain about the V's steering wheel, which is just a regular CTS's steering wheel albeit wrapped in suede in my case. The 3 spokes are kind of flimsy and I find the wheel to be too thin. I much prefer BMW M's philosophy of putting in smaller but thicker wheels into their sports sedans.

However, lest I sound like I don't like the V, let me say that as mentioned above, for my needs the V is just as agile as my old M3, and then there's the mid-range torque... Oh. My. God. That. Fat. Torque. Curve.

Finally, and my favorite thing.... The V is a lot more rare in my town, which is filled with young kids driving BMW M3s. Once I've walked out to the mall parking lot, and spotted 7 (yes, SEVEN) V8 M3s in the lot, not including my own. Whereas the last time I spotted a V on the road was about 6 months ago. Yep, this one is a keeper!
    Bwa, wow!

Well glad you made the safe trek! The PS2s are nuts in dicey weather... Even mid summer, the torrential rain going from Vancouver to Calgary made me slow down to ~65km/h, since anything above 70 made me hydroplane! lol

Those tires and this car isn't anything to mess with in winter.

Dry roads, even in -30 temperatures are do-able as long as you drive normally, but the second theres any type of precipitation, STOP IMMEDIATELY lmao... I did about 4,500km in my new 2013 in Calgary's winter on the days there was no snow and road was dry. One day it started twinkling snow, scariest drive home of my life... (Won't be doing that again).

NonGoggleGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V Coupe - Manual, Opulent Blue, Sunroof, Recaros

Took delivery on 04/26/2013.
    Opulent blue metallic | 6-speed | sunroof | Recaros | sepele wood trim | suede package | yellow calipers | bright polished wheels

VMoose is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Stealth Blue Metallic CTS-V Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by NonGoggleGuy View Post
    Took delivery on 04/26/2013.
    Opulent blue metallic | 6-speed | sunroof | Recaros | sepele wood trim | suede package | yellow calipers | bright polished wheels
    Great pics, and so many! Awesome post, and awesome car. Congrats!

MPNX2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Should have posted this several weeks ago.. but better late then never

2013 Black Raven Sedan, Recaros, Auto, Ultraview, Polished Wheels, Yellow Calipers

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

My 2013 Glacier Blue CTS-V manual wagon arrived two nights ago. I was waffling about the color as this is the only manual wagon I could find in the country with every option box ticked. After purchasing sight unseen, I'm actually liking the color. Edgy with the wheels and calipers but still a sleeper. Window tint and clear bra going on this week.

Manual, Glacier Blue, Recaros, sunroof, suede, red calipers, satin black wheels

cadillaxe is offline Author "Bouncing off Guardrails"
    Automobile(s): '13ctsvcp,'10bmwS1KRR,'13YCCchopper

just saw this thread looking for other stuff, but here's my '13 CTS-V coupe, 6 spd manual, black rims, black interior, wood trim, suede wheel/shifter, no sunroof, just as it came from the factory in mid April. only took 6 weeks or so to arrive ordered new to order from factory.

it already looks a little different, but this was upon arrival. McLovin it!

547461_517508124951767_1817185264_n.jpg

dr damon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
    My 2013 Glacier Blue CTS-V manual wagon arrived two nights ago. I was waffling about the color as this is the only manual wagon I could find in the country with every option box ticked. After purchasing sight unseen, I'm actually liking the color. Edgy with the wheels and calipers but still a sleeper. Window tint and clear bra going on this week.

Manual, Glacier Blue, Recaros, sunroof, suede, red calipers, satin black wheels
    Nice color, its def different and rare. will look great with the tint.

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

Quote Originally Posted by dr damon View Post
    Nice color, its def different and rare. will look great with the tint.
    Thanks. Tint gets done Friday so I'll post another pic once it's done.

hakalugi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon

Hi All,

Just got it today: 2012 CTS-V Wagon:: Crystal Red/Light Titanium, auto, sunroof, Recaros, suede, Midnight Sapele Wood, 19" graphite wheels. I'm getting the grilled black-tinted, too much bling up front for my taste stock.

Wow, there are a lot of cops out this weekend. Amazing handling. The lack of body roll while keeping a supple ride is just fantastic. Engine is a monster. I'll miss my Outback XT Ltd. wagon in some ways (AWD) but man, I definitely traded-up in wagons. As my wife said when she saw me get home in it: "happy early fathers day!"
    Attached Images
    93DevilleUSMC likes this.

RapidRob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual

Congrats! Beautiful Vagon! And welcome to the forum. Auto or manual tranny??

Rob

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

I guess auto means automobile...

hakalugi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RapidRob View Post
    Congrats! Beautiful Vagon! And welcome to the forum. Auto or manual tranny??

Rob
    Auto. I'm in traffic more than I'd like, so an Auto with paddle/steering wheel shifting was what I needed (the no-lift equipped MT does sound fun, but not for me right now).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.