Pics of *delivered* CTS-Vs here - Page 55
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 61 FirstFirst ... 5 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 LastLast
Like Tree187Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Pics of *delivered* CTS-Vs here in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by BBD Hi everyone it has been a long time since I have posted on the forum. I ...
    thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Re: Pics of *delivered* CTS-Vs here

Quote Originally Posted by BBD View Post
    Hi everyone it has been a long time since I have posted on the forum.
    I just picked up my new 2012 V yesterday. This will be my third V I have owned.
    Only have one PIC of it at this time.

Attachment 104074
    Nope, no clue who you are...

thefox1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Soon

Just came in on Friday !!

_DSC4447.jpg
    _DSC4497.jpg

Better pics this summer

triks86 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

BBD
    BBD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Nope, no clue who you are...
    We met a few times at the V-Days, but like I said I don't post often.

GentaniV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

No more thunder grey? It's not an option on the 2013 build your own site...was my favorite color.

>>> found it, they ran out of toner and discontinued, that sucks. Back to the drawing board...

KlrV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS V OBM SD A6 744rw/729trq Vengeance Racing

Here's a pic of mine, arrived Jan, 14 now has 2247mi, 2013 opulent blue, recaros, A6, airaid cai, green filter, SW exhaust, ST2 paddle shifters, weld RTS black face drag pack, MT dr's, M&H front runners, headed to Vengeance racing on march 25 for lots more powaaaaa image.jpg

marcusp23 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan

Love the opulent blue with the black wheels
    KlrV and KlrV like this.

marcusp23 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by KlrV View Post
    Here's a pic of mine, arrived Jan, 14 now has 2247mi, 2013 opulent blue, recaros, A6, airaid cai, green filter, SW exhaust, ST2 paddle shifters, weld RTS black face drag pack, MT dr's, M&H front runners, headed to Vengeance racing on march 25 for lots more powaaaaa Attachment 105321
    KlrV, do you mind posting a picture of your ST2 paddle shifters?
    KlrV and KlrV like this.

jwbhole is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon ThunderGray, Six Speed

My new CTS-V Wagon: I think the last M6 speed built in Thunder Gray Chromaflair. Love it. Nice forum too. Happyday.JPG

Veritable is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Drove 1000km to Calgary on Sunday:

Stayed overnight, then completed the trade-in on Monday morning:

Then drove 1000km back home!

Loaded, 6MT, Black Diamond / Satin Graphite / Red calipers.
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

Nice. How do you like it? I am surprised Cadillac let's you take it with High Performance Summer rubber in the winter. Wouldn't happen in Germany. Anyhow I love my V-Wagon. I have used the sport suspension (for the 130 miles I have not the car now) but not competition mode. The one difference between this car and my E39 M5 is that the steering is pretty light and doesn't feel as connected to the road. Perhaps competition mode changes this? How do you like the feel compared to the M3?

Veritable is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwbhole View Post
    I am surprised Cadillac let's you take it with High Performance Summer rubber in the winter.
    I was given a choice of delivery dates and was watching the route forecasts pretty closely. Picked those couple of days to make the trip because the weather was going to be clear and (mostly) above freezing. Going to Calgary got a bit dicey because I ended up going through Banff in the dead of night and the temperature got down to -6C, but my M3 was shod with Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires, one of the best high-performance all-season tires in the cold, so I got through ok.

Taking the V back with the Pilot Sport PS2s, I was able to get through all the passes in the daytime, then avoided the notorious Coquihalla Pass (which was the most direct route) at night. Ended up having to drive in the Fraser Canyons at night with the adaptive headlights getting a workout, but made it through alright in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by jwbhole View Post
    The one difference between this car and my E39 M5 is that the steering is pretty light and doesn't feel as connected to the road. Perhaps competition mode changes this? How do you like the feel compared to the M3?
    I do feel the same. The V is very light when steering from the center, so much so that I find it easy to steer too much around corners. The steering feel does tighten up when you go faster and turn more from center though. I took the same route going to Calgary with the M3 and then back with the V, and at no times did I feel I can make it through a corner with the M3 but not with the V.

Speaking of the steering, I must complain about the V's steering wheel, which is just a regular CTS's steering wheel albeit wrapped in suede in my case. The 3 spokes are kind of flimsy and I find the wheel to be too thin. I much prefer BMW M's philosophy of putting in smaller but thicker wheels into their sports sedans.

However, lest I sound like I don't like the V, let me say that as mentioned above, for my needs the V is just as agile as my old M3, and then there's the mid-range torque... Oh. My. God. That. Fat. Torque. Curve.

Finally, and my favorite thing.... The V is a lot more rare in my town, which is filled with young kids driving BMW M3s. Once I've walked out to the mall parking lot, and spotted 7 (yes, SEVEN) V8 M3s in the lot, not including my own. Whereas the last time I spotted a V on the road was about 6 months ago. Yep, this one is a keeper!

You are spot on. It's a cool car. They are pretty rare, and the Vagon that I have is really rare. You are correct on the steering wheel. Why didn't they add another half inch of stuffing to match BMW. Have fun with it!

KlrV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS V OBM SD A6 744rw/729trq Vengeance Racing

@ Marcusp23-The pic I have on my phone is too large it says, ant I am waiting on Internet to get setup at our house(just moved to Pensacola) anyways I am very happy with the paddles, they are matte black aluminum, look factory.

oneman42 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan, Black, 6MT, no mods, LED int bulb swap

Quote Originally Posted by Veritable View Post
    Drove 1000km to Calgary on Sunday:

Loaded, 6MT, Black Diamond / Satin Graphite / Red calipers.
    Congratulations! You should have said something and we could have had a drink or something on Sunday night. I was at Jack Carter maybe two weeks ago and while I was looking at your car on the floor an old and oversized salesman came up to me and he was being smart like: Should I get that ready for you Sir? I replied: No, I already own the one parked in the front, and he left.
    George

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.