Pics of *delivered* CTS-Vs here - Page 14
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree187Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Pics of *delivered* CTS-Vs here in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I have NOT noticed any paint problems on my Radiant Silver. I looked it over pretty carefully. The reason that ...
    abbas is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Re: Pics of *delivered* 09 Vs here

I have NOT noticed any paint problems on my Radiant Silver. I looked it over pretty carefully.

The reason that I got it in Silver was that I didnt really care for that shiny plastic grill and it seems to be less noticeable with the Silver exterior paint.

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

NYND, there is only ONE silver available on the CTS and V, and that is Radiant Silver. For some reason, it seems to be pretty variable in appearance, with some looking great, and others looking dull as dirt. I had an '09 loaner in Radiant, and it was unfortunately the latter. My '08 CTS was Lt. Platinum, which has a hint more brown than Radiant. It had a lot of shimmer and depth and really looked like molten platinum, and I liked it a lot. It held up well when it was dirty, too.

Radiant has an advantage of being one the the two colors that is no extra charge, but with it's variability I wouldn't accept one unless I saw it first.

wfo
    wfo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Tuner car fanatic..there all good!

Warchild I live in Noth Texas..and yes it's the law regarding a front plate. But, to date "knock on wood" after 2.5 years with my 08 Z06 (no front plate) and now my 09 CTS-V Caddy (no front plate) I'm holding my breathe...again ,"knock on wood".

I just don't like the look of a plate out front. I do keep it in the trunk of my car and I'll mount it if I have to. I have driven, many times coming down the street(s) towards me, local L.E.O's and had no issues. I'm quite sure if they wanted to they would pull me over. I try not give reason to. Time will tell.

Gary Wells is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

Quicksilver was a color name designation for the corvettes along in the C5 genre, at least on the '02 Z06's & standard vettes, I believe.

Liking the hue, tint, or shade of a particular color, or any color for that matter, is a matter of personal preference or taste.
    Poor paint quality, such as the base coat showing through on the >Diamond whites< that I have seen on mainly the >passenger< side of the CTS-V's, CST's, & >Escalades<, and i don't know what other models, well that's poor paint quality control and basically shame of GM for that. That's just the thinking process of a major corporation thinking that we are so much in love with the CTS-V's that we will buy the >car< with a poor paint job, that's BS. I didn't, you may or decline as you see fit.

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

I am the process of possibly getting a V2 ine either a new/used '09 or a new '10 ordered to my specs.
    I have a Quicksilver '06 GTO which has a pretty evenly applied metallics and looks great waxed up.
    Lt. Platinum appears to be darker than Radiant Silver and also appears to have more depth. I wonder if Radiant Silver is too light and doesn't have enough body or color to it?
    GM has a problem painting certain colors ,Silver is one of them and Pearl White is REALLY one of them. Almost always splotchy with color and metallics in clumps then areas with less metallics in them.

My concern is that if I order a '10 V2 in radiant silver and it doesn't come in with a properly applied paint job the only relief that factory will probably give is that they will repaint that area. I don't want paintwork on my new car. Silver is hard to match and it will devalue it later on.

pontiac repainted the gas cap on my '06 and it sticks out like a sore thumb.

It's funny. I never hear or see improperly applied paint on a Lexus. Their Pearls are perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by b4z View Post
    I am the process of possibly getting a V2 ine either a new/used '09 or a new '10 ordered to my specs.
    I have a Quicksilver '06 GTO which has a pretty evenly applied metallics and looks great waxed up.
    Lt. Platinum appears to be darker than Radiant Silver and also appears to have more depth. I wonder if Radiant Silver is too light and doesn't have enough body or color to it?
    GM has a problem painting certain colors ,Silver is one of them and Pearl White is REALLY one of them. Almost always splotchy with color and metallics in clumps then areas with less metallics in them.

My concern is that if I order a '10 V2 in radiant silver and it doesn't come in with a properly applied paint job the only relief that factory will probably give is that they will repaint that area. I don't want paintwork on my new car. Silver is hard to match and it will devalue it later on.

pontiac repainted the gas cap on my '06 and it sticks out like a sore thumb.

It's funny. I never hear or see improperly applied paint on a Lexus. Their Pearls are perfect.
    Actually, your problem with the paint matching would be worse than that. GM would not do anything other than authorize a dealer to re-paint the local area, and if you think that your chances were bad the first time with an all GM paint job, wait till you try the second time with a dealer paint rework.

What you are thinking possible is exactly what drove me to choose a '09 showroom fresh solid roof, thunder grey >car< rather than order a >diamond white< '10 model of my choice. Good luck in your decision.

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

I looked at regular CTS in Thunder Grey yesterday and that color is actually growing on me. But I seem to remember an upcharge of $995 on that color.
    Sorry to hijack this thread.

I believe that they charge about $ 950 over on all of the metallic paints which is anything other than silver and black, and i am only guessing on the silver not being a metallic. Not to make light of someone else's unfortunate experience with exactly what you are considering, but this might help in your decision process.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...xperience.html

Again, good luck with your decision.

Radiant Silver is metallic, but no extra charge. Thunder Gray, White Diamond, Crystal Red, and Blue Ice are $995 extra. Black Ice, a 2009 only color is $495. New for '10 on regular CTSs is Tuscan Bronze Chromaflair, which is also $995. Gold Mist is also a free metallic on CTSs, as is Black Cherry.

wfo

Quote Originally Posted by marktanner View Post
    Radiant Silver is metallic, but no extra charge. Thunder Gray, White Diamond, Crystal Red, and Blue Ice are $995 extra. Black Ice, a 2009 only color is $495. New for '10 on regular CTSs is Tuscan Bronze Chromaflair, which is also $995. Gold Mist is also a free metallic on CTSs, as is Black Cherry.
    Black Ice on an 09 CTS-V? Never heard of that color option.

Black Raven yes, at no charge.

RogersV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V, Crystal Red, Auto

My brochure for 2009 says; Black Ice not available on the CTS-"V".

wfo

Hmmm, I didin't think they offered a Quicksilver in the 09 V..just on the C5 Vettes. For 09 the Radiant silver is the color.

I posted all the extra-cost CTS colors, which are many more than what's available on the V. I personally think that there ought to be some V only colors, like Jag has with the XFR and BMW has with the M cars. Anyone else agree?

Barry626 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Has this thread turned into paint & colors of CTS-V?
    I thought it was suppose to be showing photos of our delivered rides?

cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Just got the 09 CTS-v
    Radiant Silver

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.