Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Pics of *delivered* CTS-Vs here

623K views 960 replies 396 participants last post by  Eric N. Spear 
#1 ·
#359 ·
Re: Pics of *delivered* V2s here

Nice car short throw. Nice pics too ! I just found out the other day that you could op for the 6 speed auto tranny. I thought they came exclusively standard. Thats awesome. I would have to have to auto for myself. You other guys have some nice rides too ! Thanks for sharing the pics !

#362 · (Edited)

WFO's ride

09 Black Raven:

Recaro's, Nav, D3 lowering springs (love the spings w/over 3k miles no issues), K&N filter, Spectre Werkes rear deck spoiler, 21" Modulare forged wheels in satin black w/polished lip, 30% tint, auto trans

Attachments

#369 ·

Still doing break-in driving miles. Tried the Sport and Tour suspension settings. I like the firm controlled ride; not excessively stiff. Nice road feel but no jarring or joltin, even on rough pot-hole covered roads.
I had not kept up with the various Forum Threads. The last I can recall, the concensus was that the Fold-Down rear seats would not be in the V Coupe. Well........:bigroll:
http://gallery.me.com/carolnstephe#100157

#372 ·

Stephen, it`s beautiful and you know how to take pictures.
6 speed stick, that`s great!!!! Thank you. Harry
I just retired (3 weeks now) from a job taking pictures of Power Plant equipment for development of training. Thank you, indeed.
If you would like certain equipment pictures, just point me in that direction.
The close-ratio short shifting 6-speed is very nice to drive. Precise.
I will be taking some more pictures, having found better perspectives that show the black wood grain much better. More beautiful when viewed in the right light.

#373 ·

I wish you a happy retirement Stephen!!!!
It`s nice to meet other car-crazy-guys and I know your favorite color is BLACK...lol...lol

my XLR is gone and I replaced it in April with a brand new CTS 3.6 but that was because no V was available here at this time. I`ll go for a V coupe by end of the year when they arrive here in Germany.

Harry

#397 ·

I wish you a happy retirement Stephen!!!!
It`s nice to meet other car-crazy-guys and I know your favorite color is BLACK...lol...lol

my XLR is gone and I replaced it in April with a brand new CTS 3.6 but that was because no V was available here at this time. I`ll go for a V coupe by end of the year when they arrive here in Germany.

Harry
Hey Harry WELCOME!! We've chatted a few times or at ***********. I hate to see the XLR gone, but you'll love the new V when you get one. I picked up a 2010 Black 6MT about 5 months ago. I absolutely love it. WAY better than my 06 V :)

#379 ·

Sybersport,
congratulations, it`s beautiful. Do you have 6 speed auto or manual? I know you have the kph speedo in Canada as our export models here in Germany and you also go for Liters per 100 km so could you tell me the fuel economy of your V during your brake in?
I had the chance to drive the press-test car here and I really love the power of this 6.2 liter SC engine, had it up to 335 kph on a short Autobahn run. (was 6 speed manual)

Thanky you
Harry

#380 ·

Sybersport,
congratulations, it`s beautiful. Do you have 6 speed auto or manual? I know you have the kph speedo in Canada as our export models here in Germany and you also go for Liters per 100 km so could you tell me the fuel economy of your V during your brake in?
I had the chance to drive the press-test car here and I really love the power of this 6.2 liter SC engine, had it up to 335 kph on a short Autobahn run. (was 6 speed manual)

Thanky you
Harry
Hi Harry,

I have a 6 speed manual tranny, yes. I will have to look into my average liters per 100km, but on the highway in 6th gear at 120km/hour I was seeing ~11 liters / 100km (this was on the "Instant" screen)

I haven't payed close attention to my fuel usage in the city - will keep you posted.

And 335kph! Wow. If we go 50km's over the posted speed limit here in Ontario (Limit is ~60km in the city, and 100km on the highway) we get slapped with a huge fine (up to $10,000), get a roadside license suspension, and the car gets towed / impounded.

#381 ·

I know the speed limits in the US and Canada and I`m glad we still have here in Germany unlimited Autobahn parts.
The avg of my STS V is 14/15 Ltrs/100 km but on driving the range of 180 kph - 260 kph it goes up to 20 Ltrs./100km
My CTS 3.6DI gets on combined driving 11/12 Ltrs/100 km and that`s very good for a 311 hp (german rating - US is 304 hp) car.

Just called my dealer and the first 2011 V`s - Sedan and Coupe will be here by Oct./Nov.

Thank you

Harry

#385 ·

Stephen,

the top speed of this tester I drove was a real 310 kph (193 mph) it was tested at the Nardo-Racetrack in Italy. As you know, any speedometer has an +error from 5 - 10% so I guess my 335 kph was around 185-190 mph.
I love to drive fast when traffic and no speed limits allow it and Germany is the only country in the world without a generally speed limit. Do you think a 400 500 or 600 hp car is made for doing 70 mph on the highway? Doing 170 or 190 mph for a short time in a Vette or a V makes me feel good.

Stephen, I`ll bet if you had your V Coupe here on the Autobahn you couldn`t resist very long to see the 150+ on your speedo.

Harry

#387 ·

Hi,
you talk about the Magnetic Ride Control, it`s a great system! Yes, these new Cadillacs are made to let them run where it`s allowed. I usually drive my STS V between 100 - 160 mph on the Autobahn unless it`s too heavy traffic and on some long trips I`ll get an average speed from 120 mph.(in Germany)
If I would feel bad by driving fast I guess I wouldn`t do it.
BTW I`m 57 and the last 35 years without any accident - I allways had US cars with mostly V8`s just in the late 80`s some V6`s - my starter was a new 350 Camaro with 4 on the floor in 1971.

Harry

#388 ·

harrysstsv Driving the Autobahn is on our "bucket list" for sure. My wife wishes to visit Germany and Austria to study music. While she exchanges knowledge with the Master's Classes, I will be renting a high-speed capable car and take advantage of your wonderful highway systems. Thanks so much for the response. I was raised by German descendent immegrants to America; spoke Deutch when very young. Taking language classes to rebuild my skills for German communication. I just need to be able to say: "Autobahn".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.