Mine is on the train to Arlington
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Mine is on the train to Arlington in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Dealer told me today mine is on the train to Arlington, arrives November 28th. Hopefully to my dealer by the ...
    dysert is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Mine is on the train to Arlington

Dealer told me today mine is on the train to Arlington, arrives November 28th. Hopefully to my dealer by the end of next week. Looking forward to seeing it. Black/black with recaro seats.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

tblack is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, 2008 BMW M3

Re: Mine is on the train to Arlington

Congrats!

(I want you to know that my jealousy is causing me to say this through clenched teeth)

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

is yours auto or stick ? - I know the recaros have had spotty production but my dealer said the stick was still off a couple months.

dysert is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Auto, recaro seats, sunroof ultraview, steering wheel shift knob sueded, 19" polished wheels, nav with Bose

SRT8/BMW is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by dysert View Post
    Dealer told me today mine is on the train to Arlington, arrives November 28th. Hopefully to my dealer by the end of next week. Looking forward to seeing it. Black/black with recaro seats.
    congratulations!!!! Your car is exact of the one I ordered--Black on Black, Recaros, Auto, loaded. I hope your dealer is gettting accurate info though..there is where the problem seems to be. I put a deposit down on mine in January of 08. Put my specific order in in September.

Dealer was told by the factory cars would start production October 21. They were told my car would be delivered within two weeks since it wias up in the que early. The following week they said it was built, waiting to pass QC. The week after that they said--ooops,, our bad..it wasn't built yet--short of Recaros. The week after that they said it was built, and shipped. This week they are saying yes--it was built, but is not through the inspection process which takes up to 4 weeks-so don't expect to see the car anytime soon. This is all info the dealer was getting from the factory?? I am not complaining mind you--just passing along the events. It was a big decsionf or me to go ahead on this car now versus in April, when the Michigan winters clear. I went with yes when they said you will get the car in late October/early November-because I thought I will at least get a little time with it before it is garaged. I went ahead and sold a car to get ready for it. Kinda frustrating..

Now the thing I find weird is the only production cars delevered are in Cananda??? None in the US? Is that a regualtion "thing", are they trying to have the books closed at year end with cash shortfall? Are they wanting that cash flow in January?? There is something..don't know what???

Anyway--I hope your dealer is right and you get your V next week!! can't wait to see pics.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Arlington, VA ?

Silver -V- is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 Cadillac CTS V

If it is Arlington Texas, I have had little to no information from my dealer on my car. I'll buy you lunch if I can see your car after you get it in!

Albertan is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac CTS REDLINE 2006 CTS-V Infared

What, these cars are actually being shipped to Canada first???
    That would be a surprise.

luxilon is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by SRT8/BMW View Post
    Now the thing I find weird is the only production cars delevered are in Cananda??? None in the US? Is that a regualtion "thing", are they trying to have the books closed at year end with cash shortfall? Are they wanting that cash flow in January?? There is something..don't know what???
    I've now followed the new release of the Z06, ZR1 and CTS-V on the different forums and there is a common thread here. There are always delays when the first new cars come out. Each time there has been a quality assurance hold on the first batch of cars to double check everything. Nothing new.

Another thing that holds true, the arrival of the first set of cars to customers usually is out of sync with the order in which they were produced. Some of the early ones need minor fixes, some don't. Sometimes they need to retrofit the complete first batch of cars to fix a part (however minor it might be) which means that the 2nd batch of cars is shipped before the first one.

For all of you who have all sorts of conspiracy theories about what is going on and why GM isn't shipping perfectly good cars when they need the money, I have two comments:
    1. Even though doom and gloom is predicted for GM, they still have to think long term and want it to be a perfectly great car, instead of a perfectly good car. It's better to have a few early adopters complaining about not getting their car on time than ship the cars to them and then have them complain about the car not working perfectly. Believe me, there is a ton of internal pressure to get these cars to their customers as well, but they won't sacrifice their renewed QA standards.
    2. Go talk to the Z06 forum member allanlaw and ask him about the randomness of the early delivery process. Once you've done that all of you will feel good about how the early delivery process of the CTS-V is going.

Just enjoy this wonderful car once it gets there. I'm still hoping (however little) that we might see a V wagon. If not, it'll be a 2010 V sedan.

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

^^^excellent post

Quote Originally Posted by Silver -V- View Post
    If it is Arlington Texas, I have had little to no information from my dealer on my car. I'll buy you lunch if I can see your car after you get it in!
    Who is your dealer ?

Silver -V- is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 Cadillac CTS V

Sewell Grapevine.

My original Salesman was very knowledgeable, but he left the dealership for another opportunity. I was handed over to a nice guy, but his communication style is not good for what I had been used to for this dealership.

mfrazstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V, 2009 Escalade ESV

Got my '06 STS-V at Sewell-Lemmon Ave last Christmas but like many am interested in the CTS-V. Just did a new vehicle search on the Sewell website, was surprised to see the CTS-V as a model choice, then found 29 cars listed. Only the first had a price - $65,140, so maybe this is the only one they have the window sticker for. No detail available, other than exterior color on all, and transmission on some.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver -V- View Post
    Sewell Grapevine.

My original Salesman was very knowledgeable, but he left the dealership for another opportunity. I was handed over to a nice guy, but his communication style is not good for what I had been used to for this dealership.
    Did you ever get the info you were looking for ? What was it you ordered (color scheme, options) ?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.