How many of you are holding out for the V2 coupe?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, How many of you are holding out for the V2 coupe? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; While I'm sure the coupe will be the better performing of the two models (coupe and sedan), as much as ...
    CSX
    CSX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V....coming soon

How many of you are holding out for the V2 coupe?

While I'm sure the coupe will be the better performing of the two models (coupe and sedan), as much as I've looked at the CTS coupe concept from all angles, I simply cannot get excited about the design. To me, the rear end looks high and somewhat stodgy. In contrast, I think the sedan's lines are close to perfect. Thus, despite the fact that I don't have a family, nor do I have a particular need to haul people around, I plan on springing for the sedan.

Of course, now that I've said this, when official V2 coupe pictures are released, they'll probably be remarkable and I'll have to eat crow for posting this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

tblack is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, 2008 BMW M3

Re: How many of you are holding out for the V2 coupe?

I agree.

For the coupe to be perfect they have to do somethig with that rear end styling. It just doesn't look right. I'm pretty torn with waiting for the coupe or getting the sedan

jasaero is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 BLK Cadillac CTS-V

V wagon ALL THE WAY!! Still have my fingers crossed anyhow and ain't buying nothing until the V Wagon is confirmed one way or another.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

CSX, dont judge the car based on pictures. Like any car, you have to see it in person to get an idea for proportions. I thought it looked goofy in pictures from car shows, but I know that most of the photographers at car shows are using wide angle lenses, which means from up close, the lines will be completely thrown off. I wanted the sedan, until I saw the coupe in person at a car show.

Id bet the performance should be almost identical...coupes based off sedans generally are not that much lighter. That being said, a fully loaded sedan with panoramic roof and 6spdauto will probably be about 300+ lbs heavier then a CoupeV with manual and normal roof.

JEM
    JEM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I wouldn't want the coupe even if it looked like a Lotus Elise. Not enough doors, not enough usable space.

If you're going to buy something that's nominally a two-seater, or a two-plus-two, you might as well buy something designed for that role from scratch.

The wagon would be a nice idea, but what I've seen of the CTS wagon thus far doesn't look very promising for general utility.

xwing1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I want the Coupe JUST like it is--but with 556hp!!!
    It is PERFECT... saw it at Chicago Auto show and...INCREDIBLY beautiful tough class car!
    EXACTLY the right number of doors, plenty of usable space (for more, my 13 second GMC 2500HD Duramax Extended Cab Longbed is great).

I am holding out for the 2 door coupe. It will be a little lighter in weight, faster, handle a bit better than the also great 4 door CTS-V, but I just do NOT want the stigma of "4 door family car older guy" yet

Woody_MI is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Black Raven CTS-V

Insider news told me they built a few coupes, but with the current state of the General it has been shelved for now...

Jon
    Jon is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS Premium 6 Speed, 04 CTS 3.6L, 2014 ATS 2.0T

When I get one, it'll be the sedan. I like it better than the coupe.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

No V wagon, too much alteration to make it worth the cost. V Coupe was supposed to be coming, but with the state of GM right now, it's in serious doubt. Standard coupe is delayed / on hold.

The 09 V sedan may be it folks.

Quote Originally Posted by JEM View Post
    I wouldn't want the coupe even if it looked like a Lotus Elise. Not enough doors, not enough usable space.

If you're going to buy something that's nominally a two-seater, or a two-plus-two, you might as well buy something designed for that role from scratch.

The wagon would be a nice idea, but what I've seen of the CTS wagon thus far doesn't look very promising for general utility.
    The wagon should be way better for general utility than the sedan, JUST by being a wagon. Know what you mean though.

Quote Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
    No V wagon, too much alteration to make it worth the cost. V Coupe was supposed to be coming, but with the state of GM right now, it's in serious doubt. Standard coupe is delayed / on hold.

The 09 V sedan may be it folks.
    Doesn't have to happen right away for me. Even if it comes from some chinese owned version of Cadillac!

LITTLEELVISDAN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 09 Escalade, 2011 Corvette conv GS LT4, 2005 EXT

Coupe for me please..... already have a 4 door V I need a 2 door as well in the driveway...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.