Bad News...NO EMPLOYEE PRICING - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Bad News...NO EMPLOYEE PRICING in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; ...
    RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: Bad News...NO EMPLOYEE PRICING

Quote Originally Posted by readyact View Post
    Guys & Gals you might want to call your dealer ASAP. I got a call from my dealer informing me that Employee Price is not available on the 09 CTS-V. I was told this has come down from GM. So very dishearten I called another local dealer to confirm the bad news and I was told the same thing that GM said NO EMPLOYEE PRICING on the 09 CTS-V. The second dealer told me he had to make the same bad news call to his customers. I spoke with the dealer for a while and he said usually GM leaves the decision of Employee discounts up to the local dealerships, but this time GM has stepped in and said NO. He suggested I call the other local dealerships to see what they say, but he was sure no one will be able to honor the discount.

Also my dealer told me that when he entered the Automatic option in the pricing system the Gas Guzzler Tax went away which he believes is wrong. I think Tony mentioned this in another post.

Anyway the “consolation prize” is my dealer will give me the GM Supplier discount.
    So, are you saying that GM employees can't get a discount on the car, or that "GM Employee Discount for Everyone" won't be honored? I'm pretty sure that most buyers are NOT GM employees, so what's the big deal?

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by RightTurn View Post
    So, are you saying that GM employees can't get a discount on the car, or that "GM Employee Discount for Everyone" won't be honored? I'm pretty sure that most buyers are NOT GM employees, so what's the big deal?
    Thank you!

Look, what some of us are saying is that to call not getting Employee Pricing as "bad news" is ridiculous. Again, the public looking for handouts. And I guess GM's best way out is to sell all these cars at an even bigger loss than what they've already incurred.

It's the sense of entitlement that gets to me. I'm not against getting the best deal you can, but expecting to be handed the moon and stars is dumb...

Knuguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Or maybe GM execs should just make less money and the union not suck so much with ridiculous pension plans, maybe the company would succeed and the cars would be a little less expensive. I just dont get auto maker's strategy, make as many cars as we can, let them sit on lots, then discount'em.....that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. Who makes a product knowing they are GOING to discount it, why not price it to sell to begin with...How about, price them a little more aggressive, make fewer of them and keep the supply/demand a little more in line. Cars last longer these days, I can not imagine that more cars are coming off the road (either from wreck or other failure) then what the auto makers are pumping out. They have to realize, by building better cars, they were going to cut their own growth at some point in time.

Jpjr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

https://www.gmfamilyfirst.com/ip-gme...le-eligibility

I will call when I have time but the online list for actual GM employees and families has not been changed to reflect anything new.

Given how long it seems to be taking them to get these cars rolling, I could see them prioritizing outstanding retail orders. Believe me GM is not in a position to turn down any sale over $50k in cash at this point. We are in a completely different world than we were even a few months ago...

readyact is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by RightTurn View Post
    I am referring to the discount for employees of General Motors. I look at employee discounts as morale boosters, a pat on the back or an incentive for employees not as a handout or freebie as some state. I guess in the end GM employees can continue to take their GM checks and buy non-GM cars or not buy at all. Trust me I know GM is in the business of making money and not helping people buy stuff so it’s all good. Personally I don’t need the discount as I plan to put down a significant amount of money on the car. In the end GM/Cadillac would have gotten any discount money back from me anyway as I was planning to get the extended warranty, the performance Brembo upgrade and other dealer accessories. All in all it’s not a biggie as GM will continue to make money, or at least get a “loan”, and I will continue to buy cars.

JEM
    JEM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Frankly, rather than a bailout, I'd rather just see private buyers who buy vehicles between now and, say, Jan 1 2010 be allowed to depreciate them over seven years for tax purposes.

Kidhummer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

We know what the employee price is but Can someone tell me what the supplier price is?

mgscustomtune is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS V

I would wait there will be some big $$$$$ Discounts coming.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Chill View Post
    Sorry, but I think this sentiment is BS. GM employees or their relatives should be able to get a perk like a discount not available to others.
    I agree. Im referring to the idea that everyone should get this discount, not just GM Employees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Chill View Post
    It says nothing about the quality or value of the vehicle. Employee discount for all, however, just means that GM is not selling cars and desparately needs to move them. I think everyone buying any vehicle should pay as little as possible, don't you?

After all, the price of the car doesn't mean more than the content of the car when you are looking at quality and performance.
    How can a car thats not fully on the market yet, be moving slowly?

Bigron is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

I am seeing the CTS-V is not eligible for the red tag sale currently going on as well.

readyact is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Bigron View Post
    I am seeing the CTS-V is not eligible for the red tag sale currently going on as well.
    Yep I've seen the CTS commercials with the splat in the lower left corner stating the Red Tag Event is not available on the 2009 CTS-V…It’s all good. The purpose of me creating this post was to inform others who are edible for Employee pricing that it will not be honored. Looks like the $2000 cash back is the only incentive on the car and my particular dealer said he will give me the GM Supplier discount. To be honest I was disappointed in being told early on that I would be able to get the Employee Discount (GMS) and then at the zero hour it was pulled from my grasp. Why not take the largest discount if it’s available? From what I've read and previous conducted research, this IS A GREAT CAR and I am looking forward to taking delivery next week as I am in Ohio. So in conclusion if I offended anyone I truly apologize and look forward to swapping stories in the future with you guys about how great OUR V2 ARE!!!!!

darjae is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Crystal Red

I think the ultimate problem is that no one is truly buying the V based on pricing. If you have the money you're a BMW guy, you buy the M5. I don't think we will have many defectors. This is the ultimate chance for us 'Muscle Car Guys' to finally gloat that it handles better as well (and blows it off the line).... I don't know anyone who is going to buy it simply due to a rebate or employee pricing... This car is targeted to a select few and is a shot across the bow of BMW to let them know that we can kick their ass if we want to. It's priced so much lower because it needs to be to send the message.

darjae is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Crystal Red

...meant to say .... "if you have the money" and "you're a BMW guy"...

to me, money isn't the core issue... with millions, I still get the V

qictrk is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

In my area, i have made a couple of offers of $3,000 under MRSP, to two different dealers. They didn't even call me back. Did i insult them? Maybe its to early. I figured they would take it because it would be special ordered and wouldn't have to sit on the floor. I don't want NAV or sun roof. Cecil............

HPCC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by readyact View Post
    ...and my particular dealer said he will give me the GM Supplier discount.
    Mine too, but still haven't been able to get an authorization code from the website. Can dealers offer it on their own?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.